Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 14, 2015, 12:54 AM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Shoulda played it 5 years ago.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 01:05 AM   #212
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
Shoulda played it 5 years ago.
That could probably be said of almost any game I play.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2015, 01:36 AM   #213
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I have games I haven't played yet that are so old you can't select a resolution.

I have too much. First world problems.

Yes I have played both Force Unleashed games. I was button mashing so fast the character didn't respond.
I found out I had to take it slower.

*but taking down that Star Destroyer was a pain in the ass*
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 14, 2015, 01:46 AM   #214
Nagorak

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I honestly don't think the problem is the age. I don't think my opinion would have been any different five years ago (possibly worse since my PC would have been weaker). It's pretty clearly a console game, and obviously a pretty mediocre port, but the biggest issue for me is the game play.

My feeling is that this may be sort of a "Halo" situation. Console players went head over heels for that game, but by PC standards it wasn't anything special (I would say worse than many other FPS games that had come out years before). By the same token, Jedi Knight 2 was already on the PC and I think it was a better version of this game (despite being way older).

Anyway, I'll play for one more hour and if I'm still not enjoying it, I'll just uninstall. I have too many games on my backlog to get bogged down on one that I'm not really enjoying.

Edit: Maybe I misunderstood and you were saying the game was worse 5 years ago? If so, I can definitely believe it.

Last edited by Nagorak : Jun 14, 2015 at 06:17 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 05:53 AM   #215
Nagorak

God there are so many annoying things about this game.
  • You get hooked on the terrain all the time.
  • The camera sucks ass.
  • The camera view changes completely on boss fights for no obvious reason, forcing you to control your character in a totally different way than the other 95% of the game.
  • The boss camera really, really sucks.
  • Enemies can knock you down/stun you, then just chain knock you down over and over.
  • Most normal enemies are trivial to defeat, then you get to the boss and they are impossible.
  • Controls are unintuitive and clunky, and play with bad precision, like you're using a controller even though you're using a mouse and keyboard.
  • You can rebind the keys, but the QTEs still use the normal key binding, so it can be confusing what button you're supposed to hit.
  • The platforming is some of the crappiest in any game I've played (combination of bad controls, and bad camera).
  • You can't use the mouse in the menu.

Not sure what the guys who made this game were thinking? All they had to do was stick to the Jedi Knight formula, and they were golden. Instead they produced this ****. It's definitely one of the least polished games I've ever played. Whenever I start to get into it, I run into some new issue or encounter a boss and it totally knocks me back out of enjoying it. The story, from what I saw of it, didn't seem too bad, but the game itself just isn't enjoyable for me.

I guess some people actually liked this game, but I'm obviously not one of them. I tried to like it, but I... just... can't.

Uninstalling. Life is too short to waste it playing bad games.

Last edited by Nagorak : Jun 14, 2015 at 06:22 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 06:28 AM   #216
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

SWTFU is an enjoyable game, but a gamepad is a must and you've got to come to terms with the fact that it's a console game, an old game, a port, a physics showcase and more Hollywood action than intelligent shooter.

Plus, it takes some time to collect the Force powers and use them. And you keep your Powers on a second playthough, meaning it only gets to full force after you finish it. And the bossfights are terrible. And even when that's all taken into account, it's not a classic.

So yeah, if you don't like it within five hours, just drop it and get one of the current Steam deals.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 06:42 AM   #217
Nagorak

I just wish I'd played this one first before wasting money on the sequel.

I guess I'll just chalk them both up as losses and move on. I still have more than 20 other games in my backlog and that's not counting a lot of games released in the past two years, so it's not like I'm hurting for gaming options. If I ever get through all the rest, then I'll consider revisiting SWTFU (but that's never going to happen).
Old Jun 14, 2015, 06:50 AM   #218
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Oh, SW:TFU2 was a disappointing sequel, by TFU1 standards.

In your Steam library, right-click a game, select "Set Categories...", and click "Hide this game in my library". Forget this ever happened.