Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jul 24, 2009, 10:21 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Default Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Coming to PC and Mac this Fall

Aspyr's release of the blockbuster action game will pack new stages and bonus content.

Aspyr Media and LucasArts will bring the hit game Star Wars?: The Force Unleashed™ to PC and Mac gamers for the first time ever with the release of Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition this Fall. Developed for PC and Mac and published in North America by Aspyr, Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition combines the original Star Wars The Force Unleashed videogame with three new levels set in iconic Star Wars locales and a host of new costumes and character models. This special edition of the game will show players the deepest, darkest side of the Force in a story that puts them on a collision course with Luke Skywalker himself.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed completely re-imagines the scope and scale of the Force and casts players as Darth Vader's "Secret Apprentice," unveiling new revelations about the Star Wars galaxy seen through the eyes of this mysterious new character, who is armed with unprecedented powers. Originally released on multiple platforms in September 2008, the game quickly became the fastest-selling Star Wars game ever, and has since sold six million units worldwide.

About The Extra Content
The first of the three additional single-player missions included in the Ultimate Sith Edition is set in the Jedi Temple on the planet Coruscant. In this mission, Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice turns to the Jedi Temple to learn more about his father, and while searching through the rubble of the destroyed building he must confront his inner demons.

The second extra mission continues the story of The Force Unleashed in a new "Infinities" storyline that takes the Star Wars Saga in an entirely new direction. The level begins at the end of the story of The Force Unleashed and re-imagines the Star Wars Saga as if the Secret Apprentice had taken Darth Vader's place at the Emperor's side, becoming the most powerful Sith Lord in the universe. The story picks up as the Emperor sends his new apprentice to Tatooine to dispatch Obi-Wan Kenobi – who has been hiding on the planet ever since the events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. During their hunt for the reclusive Jedi, players will also explore the depths of Jabba the Hutt's palace and encounter notorious bounty hunter Boba Fett.

The final new level concludes the "Infinities" storyline set up in the Tatooine mission, as the Secret Apprentice is sent to the planet Hoth on a crusade to crush the Rebellion once and for all. While on Hoth, players face Luke Skywalker himself while visiting iconic locations seen in Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back.

Additional added content includes new costumes for the Secret Apprentice and new character models that allow gamers to play as one of many legendary Star Wars characters including Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Count Dooku, Jango Fett and C-3PO.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/100/1007464p1.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2009, 10:47 PM   #2
Sweetz
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Aspyr? Ugh, why the heck would Lucasarts partner with a horrible outfit like them?

Otherwise good news.
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2009, 11:31 PM   #3
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 24, 2009, 11:38 PM   #4
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
lies lies lies
Quote:
Old Jul 24, 2009, 11:42 PM   #5
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Obviously developers are seeing that the death of the PC was greatly exaggerated, and now they're trying to make up for their past mistakes.

As for Aspyr doing the port, I don't see why they would do a poor job... they may not have a lot of AAA titles on the PC, but they've ported loads of games to Mac and I'm pretty sure they've done a good job of it: http://www.aspyr.com/product/product_listing (Hint, sort by Platform).
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 12:27 AM   #6
Dragex
Pwned and Boned

Dragex is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
Obviously developers are seeing that the death of the PC was greatly exaggerated, and now they're trying to make up for their past mistakes.
Miiight wanna reread the thread.

Fallout3, Mirror's Edge, HL2:Ep2, Braid, CoD4, Crysis WH.

Upcoming games I'm going to play:

FF7 PSOneEmulator, FarCry2, NWN2, BioShockPc, Finish Assassin's Creed,
SW:Force Unleashed, Trine, The Witcher, Finish Doom3.
Dragex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 12:33 AM   #7
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragex View Post
Miiight wanna reread the thread.
I'm really tired right now, but what did I miss? SW:TFU is coming to PC, right? After LucasArts said there would not be a PC version? If that's not what the thread says, then I'm definitely going to bed because I must be more tired than I think
Old Jul 25, 2009, 12:38 AM   #8
Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel is still being judged by the masses

'developed for pc'.. i like
3007WFP-HC
Anth Seebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 12:42 AM   #9
vertual
Canopus Pure 3D

vertual once held a door open for a complete strangervertual once held a door open for a complete strangervertual once held a door open for a complete strangervertual once held a door open for a complete stranger

Are they saying that you can play the game as C3PO?

Wonder how that will work...C3PO: The most powerful Sith Lord in the universe.
vertual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 12:54 AM   #10
John C Flett
Grumpy Bunny

John C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete stranger

Nice to see we're getting a game that we were told would not be on the PC. Shame its not a better game. Hopefully more titles and developers will return to the PC but I wouldn't hope too much from one title.
John C Flett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 02:47 AM   #11
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Played this on the xbox and it was an amazing game. However, I wonder how it will fare on the PC since there is no multiplayer and stuff...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 07:32 AM   #12
MadMartigan
Radeon Southern Islands

MadMartigan is still being judged by the masses

Finally PC tech has become powerful enough to handle this game
A scarab is captured; ink is released.
Life is taken; and Age is given

D`ni
MadMartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 08:21 AM   #13
Arghuin
Nexus 6

Arghuin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMartigan View Post

On a related note though, ABOUT DAMN TIME this game got released on the PC platform
Arghuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 11:06 AM   #14
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMartigan View Post
yea this part amused me too. their excuse for not releasing it on the pc the first time around was pathetic.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 12:50 PM   #15
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

anyone here who has both played the game already and is a star wars fan, the trailers and what i have heard from people make this game seem pretty ****ed up... i mean, does he really pull a star destroyer out of the sky?
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 12:52 PM   #16
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
anyone here who has both played the game already and is a star wars fan, the trailers and what i have heard from people make this game seem pretty ****ed up... i mean, does he really pull a star destroyer out of the sky?
I own the game on PS3, and am a rabid star wars fan.
That mission is the single most stupid mission in the history of gaming. I stopped playing for a week because it was so ****ing stupid.

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 01:48 PM   #17
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

damn... that might kill it for me then... i mean seriously... Yoda, the Emperor, Darth Vader, Luke and Anakin combined couldn't bring down a ship that size... :/

I was really hoping what i heard was exaggerated :/
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 02:11 PM   #18
Dragex
Pwned and Boned

Wow... none of you guys read. This was posted on this same thread:

Quote:
Edit – direct from LucasArts – “I can tell you definitively that there is no PC version of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed planned. I would assume Vik was talking about a PC version of Digital Molecular Matter.”
Vik Sohal has also been in touch to say this is all nonsense. Heavy sigh. Apologies for the false alarm. I can promise you our source was absolutely convinced by what he told us, and that we’ve got a recording of the exact quote below (and can provide it to terrifying lawyers if necessary), but guess Vik Sohal just expressed it badly and our source got the wrong end of the stick.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008...-coming-to-pc/

Old Jul 25, 2009, 02:20 PM   #19
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
Aspyr? Ugh, why the heck would Lucasarts partner with a horrible outfit like them?

Otherwise good news.
Quote:
As for Aspyr doing the port, I don't see why they would do a poor job... they may not have a lot of AAA titles on the PC, but they've ported loads of games to Mac and I'm pretty sure they've done a good job of it: http://www.aspyr.com/product/product_listing (Hint, sort by Platform).
ugh, that looks little bit ugly since it looks like they did Darksector for the PC and never supported the game after the release and fix the FOV issue.
Quote:
Old Jul 25, 2009, 02:38 PM   #20
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Wow... none of you guys read. This was posted on this same thread:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008...-coming-to-pc/
you realize that comment is from september 2008 right?
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 02:52 PM   #21
Dragex
Pwned and Boned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
you realize that comment is from september 2008 right?
Woopsy

Damn you Destroy!

Old Jul 25, 2009, 02:53 PM   #22
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Woopsy

Damn you Destroy!

don't worry, he destroyed each one of us at least once.
Quote:
Old Jul 25, 2009, 02:57 PM   #23
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I hope that the pc version isn't as buggy as the console versions, as I don't have any faith in aspyr fixing any bugs after the game is released
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 04:16 PM   #24
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
ugh, that looks little bit ugly since it looks like they did Darksector for the PC and never supported the game after the release and fix the FOV issue.
True, but it's not like they have to actually program the game; they have a pretty good background for porting, and I don't think the Mac versions of Call of Duty, et al are any different than the PC versions, so if it's basically a port of the 360 version plus some extra levels, it shouldn't be especially difficult for them to do (crosses fingers).
Old Jul 25, 2009, 04:51 PM   #25
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittal View Post
I own the game on PS3, and am a rabid star wars fan.
That mission is the single most stupid mission in the history of gaming. I stopped playing for a week because it was so ****ing stupid.
I am NOT a star wars fan, and pulling that star destroyer out of the sky was one of the best moments I've had in gaming, ever.
Amazing stuff, great game as a whole.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 05:21 PM   #26
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

wiggle the joysticks, then stopping to kill 6 tie fighters, repeat ~10 times and you win.
If you take too long killing the tie fighters you have to start over. If you die, you start over.

I hated it :|

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 05:59 PM   #27
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittal View Post
wiggle the joysticks, then stopping to kill 6 tie fighters, repeat ~10 times and you win.
If you take too long killing the tie fighters you have to start over. If you die, you start over.

I hated it :|
Same here. I hated that part with a passion. I played through the entire game but there were plenty of parts I wanted to throw the controller through the tv. It was ok but I have much more fond memories of Jedi Knight II. At least it had multiplayer...
Jamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 06:01 PM   #28
Dragex
Pwned and Boned

Jedi Knight II was the awesomeness.

Old Jul 26, 2009, 03:12 AM   #29
Sweetz
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
As for Aspyr doing the port, I don't see why they would do a poor job...
They were responsible for publishing (at least in NA) the abomination of a port that is Dark Sector.

Their support policy consists of denying culpability and blaming the customer for as long as they can, and then when they can no longer make excuses, start lying.

Luckily I don't think they're doing the port, I think that's still up to a Lucasarts internal tem and Aspyr are strictly just publishing/distributing the game. Though that seems odd as Lucasarts have published their own games for years, so I don't know what's up with that. The concern is that if support has to go through Aspyr and if they're responsible for funding further patches we're f*cked unless the game is flawless on release. It seems that Aspyr simply does not believe in supporting the products the sell - even when they're reponsible for it.

Last edited by Sweetz : Jul 26, 2009 at 03:20 AM.
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2009, 03:50 AM   #30
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
They were responsible for publishing (at least in NA) the abomination of a port that is Dark Sector.

Their support policy consists of denying culpability and blaming the customer for as long as they can, and then when they can no longer make excuses, start lying.

Luckily I don't think they're doing the port, I think that's still up to a Lucasarts internal tem and Aspyr are strictly just publishing/distributing the game. Though that seems odd as Lucasarts have published their own games for years, so I don't know what's up with that. The concern is that if support has to go through Aspyr and if they're responsible for funding further patches we're f*cked unless the game is flawless on release. It seems that Aspyr simply does not believe in supporting the products the sell - even when they're reponsible for it.
Looking here it seems that Aspry is only a publisher, so in the case of Dark Sector, wouldn't it be Digital Extremes who are the jerks who won't patch Dark Sector?

Though I honestly don't know why I even give a rat's ass what people think of Aspyr. The only game published by them that I own is Defense Grid: The Awakening and it's well supported by the developers 'Hidden Path Entertainment'. I guess I just want this game to be good, so I want people who are saying Aspyr's going to make it crappy to shush just for a little while longer

Also, I don't understand why LA isn't publishing it either.