Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Jan 6, 2017, 06:03 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies Why should I buy a Ryzen CPU

OK not trying to flame bait but I'm in the market for a new cpu/mobo/ram combination. I've been closely watching for Ryzen info as this would be my preferred option as I will buy a Vega GPU. However, I've been underwhelmed by the AMD benchmarks coming out and also the availability of Ryzen. It seems Ryzen will be behind Skylake/KabyLake in gaming performance which is all I care about. I don't do any serious work loads to justify an 8/16 cpu. I'm also concerned about availability of Ryzen as there is no release date yet.

I just received an email from an e-tailer I use advising that they have all the new Kaby Lake CPU's in stock and loads of 270 mobos as well. Unfortunately Ryzen and it's mobos are MIA. I can get an i7 7700K, mobo and ram for about £550 which is well within budget. If I go with an i7 6700K it would be even cheaper. I haven't owned an AMD CPU since the Athlon 64 days and to make me think about switching it would need to come in at least £100/£150 cheaper or I'd stay with Intel.

Is there anything Ryzen can offer me that I'm missing here?
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Radeon Pulse 5700XT, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2017, 06:12 PM   #2
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I would wait until final benches are revealed along with pricing. I've got the upgrade itch bad right now, but with ryzen being this close I just can't pull the trigger on a 7700K or 6800K until I see what AMD delivers.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2017, 06:31 PM   #3
lazyx
Radeon Southern Islands

lazyx once held a door open for a complete strangerlazyx once held a door open for a complete strangerlazyx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Same position as you. I'm waiting on more information from AMD. The press conference they had in Dec was a huge fail with lack of any information regarding specs\different sku\release date\price\etc. I'm hoping CES wouild bring some more news.

Waiting on gaming benchmarks to see if ill go 7700k or Zen.
lazyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 6, 2017, 08:27 PM   #4
Ozilon
Radeon R700

Ozilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyx View Post
Same position as you. I'm waiting on more information from AMD. The press conference they had in Dec was a huge fail with lack of any information regarding specs\different sku\release date\price\etc. I'm hoping CES wouild bring some more news.

Waiting on gaming benchmarks to see if ill go 7700k or Zen.
Same here, itching to upgrade my whole setup, still running 2500k. Can't wait to see how much of an performance boost I'll get from the newest generation Chipset+CPU+GPU+RAM combo.
Ozilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2017, 08:52 PM   #5
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

dmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozilon View Post
Same here, itching to upgrade my whole setup, still running 2500k. Can't wait to see how much of an performance boost I'll get from the newest generation Chipset+CPU+GPU+RAM combo.
Honestly probably not much. Well a new GPU is always welcome. You can always notice the GPU uprade.
dmanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2017, 04:26 AM   #6
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Is there anything Ryzen can offer me that I'm missing here?
The CPU is not out yet. It looks very promising but you can't really complain about information and availability when it's not even out, yeah? I am sure when the CPU will be out, loads of benchmarks will be also available for you to make up your mind. Not before. That's how it usually works

All in all, nobody can really answer your question. Ok, some of us could I suppose, but there are NDAs and stuff
Old Jan 7, 2017, 08:29 AM   #7
bittermann
I didn't do it

bittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

A cpu is a cpu. What would be missing from one vs. the other? Since it isn't out yet we can't compare performance if that's your main concern. Only you can decide if it's worth waiting for. If you've "got to have it now" buy Kaby Lake.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 09:10 AM   #8
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I think with a 2500k you would defiantly see an improvement in lows. Ryzen won't be the same price as a 7600k. The chips we have seen at least. Hell thats 230 dollars at microcenter and you get 20 off on a board. The chip they have been demonstrating is slated to be in the 500 mark according to what I've seen online. That's a kabylake and mobo. So if it's not even within your budget what's the point of waiting.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2017, 10:38 AM   #9
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Honestly, you should save your pennies for a new Vega card. The only reason to upgrade would be increased core count, and games won't use more than 4 cores until >4 core chips become mainstream. Zen will help do that, but it will take a few years.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2017, 10:41 AM   #10
lazyx
Radeon Southern Islands

lazyx once held a door open for a complete strangerlazyx once held a door open for a complete strangerlazyx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
I think with a 2500k you would defiantly see an improvement in lows. Ryzen won't be the same price as a 7600k. The chips we have seen at least. Hell thats 230 dollars at microcenter and you get 20 off on a board. The chip they have been demonstrating is slated to be in the 500 mark according to what I've seen online. That's a kabylake and mobo. So if it's not even within your budget what's the point of waiting.
The "500" version isn't the only Ryzen sku.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:26 AM   #11
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
Honestly, you should save your pennies for a new Vega card. The only reason to upgrade would be increased core count, and games won't use more than 4 cores until >4 core chips become mainstream. Zen will help do that, but it will take a few years.
I'm definitely buying a Vega card anyway that's a given. This is about the CPU. I'm now leaning more towards an i5 7600k and overclock it to 4.4/5/6 on air to see where it's stable. Last time I had an AMD CPU had all sorts of chip set issues whereas Intel just works. If like nycdarkness says Ryzen is going to cost $500/£500 I'm not interested anyway and it would be way cheaper to get the i5 7600k which is meant to be better than Ryzen in gaming.

I can get an i5 7600K for £233, Mobo about £90 and 16gb DDR4 about £80 so just over £400 in total. Beginning to sound like a bargain. I know AMD are releasing an S5 and S3 version of Ryzen but they are even further off so I'm not really interested in them. My youngest (son) is hopefully going to University this autumn so I can give him my current system to replace his AMD A10 5800K and AMD 7950 so he gets a nice upgrade too.

I'm going to decide by the end of this month but unless I hear something more concrete about Ryzen e.g. release time and price it's Kaby Lake for me I'm afraid. I also think that once I pair that up with the Vega card it will be awesome!
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Radeon Pulse 5700XT, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2017, 02:52 PM   #12
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

GTwannabe- Battlefield 1 is using all 8 of my cores on my FX8320. Playing multiplayer I am running 70-75% usage across all 8. (at 4.0Ghz)

So really, I think 8-cores is the trend moving forward.

As for Vega... Yep. I seen some of the internal slides back in November and was like.. "Heck yes.. I'm waiting." Polaris was always just a holdover. Hopefully they don't price them out of reach like Nvidia does with their gimped 1080 and Titan cards on Pascal. After using this 780Ti for a few months now.. I'm gonna go back to AMD with Vega.

Last edited by Flyordie : Jan 7, 2017 at 03:01 PM.
Flyordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2017, 03:04 PM   #13
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

BF1 has had high thread usage for a while. It's not a trend when it's been a thing for the past 2-3 BF releases.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2017, 03:27 PM   #14
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Apparently Caveman said ALL Ryzen models will be available at launch.

The top and bottom end.

True? (Maybe he will see this and chime in?)
Old Jan 7, 2017, 03:47 PM   #15
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I don't feel the lower ryzen cpus are going to be better at all. Competitive for sure. The 36 seconds they showed can be matched with a decent 300 dollar haswell E with an oc bump.

Old Jan 7, 2017, 10:07 PM   #16
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I would just wait, if I were you. I think when you put the new system together and power it up you'll be hard pressed to see any difference. Yes, Kaby Lake is faster clock for clock than Sandy Bridge, but it's by a small amount, and only in situations where you're actually CPU limited (ie: not 90+% of the time in games).

I don't understand the sudden rush to upgrade at this point in time. Kaby Lake is basically Skylake. It may or may not OC better--remains to be seen. It's basically more or less a non-release. If you didn't need Skylake when it came out last year, why do you need Kaby Lake now?

I can't tell you for sure you should get Zen, considering it's not even out. But I don't think it will hurt you to keep your options open by holding out 2-3 more months just to see. If Zen is competitively priced you may be able to get an 8 core processor for not much more than a 4 core Intel, and although you may not need the cores now, if your next CPU lasts 5 years then they may come in handy by the end.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2017, 02:00 AM   #17
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Just as a follow-up this is an article showing how much of an improvement Skylake is over Sandy Bridge (Kaby Lake being identical in terms of IPC):

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9483/i...h-generation/9

You're getting about a 20% clock for clock increase on average. In some very specialized cases maybe double that, while in other cases much less. Sandy Bridge already easily overclocked to the same ball park as Skylake, so there's little to no increase in clock speed. That means that 20% increase in IPC Is basically all you're getting (which is honestly pretty pathetic after 6 years). Even if you're generous and give another 5% in clock speed for Kaby Lake it doesn't add that much more.

In my opinion, what you have to ask yourself is whether a 20-25% increase in performance is actually worth spending $500 (CPU/board/memory)? At least with Ryzen you get more cores. With Kaby Lake it seems to me that you're not getting much of anything.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2017, 02:09 AM   #18
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Get Intel. Waiting on AMD hasn't really worked out well for many of the AMD users in the past, what, 5 years in the CPU department and maybe 3 years in the GPU department.

Also the Ryzen you are looking at won't be within your budget guaranteed.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2017, 09:22 AM   #19
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

The bigger picture and one that troll always can never remember, is that competition
drives innovation up and prices down.

I will always buy whatever AMD has to offer for this very reason.

The funny thing, you look at many vlogs about Rizen and the same
pattern emerges: They start with how Intel has been offering minute incremental
improvements for a huge price tag...

If not for competition, we would still be paying 1000$ for 1.5GHz cpus...

This keeps the marketplace dynamic.
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:40 PM   #20
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Ryzen will have a 4 core 8 thread model as well so I dont know why so many insist on comparing the 8 core ryzen vs the 4 core intel. Especially considering the cost of the intel 4 core...

Any monies Im willing to save on the cpu immediately goes to a better gpu.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.5.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.7.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2017, 04:03 PM   #21
lazyx
Radeon Southern Islands

Better to wait for the launch of Ryzen. The word from CES is that it is not a "paper launch" and AMD will have 8/6/4 core sku's at launch.

Source:Youtube Linustechtool\RedGamingtech. Not saying it's true or not. But it seems like that's the word on the street.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 06:33 PM   #22
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Just as a follow-up this is an article showing how much of an improvement Skylake is over Sandy Bridge (Kaby Lake being identical in terms of IPC):

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9483/i...h-generation/9

You're getting about a 20% clock for clock increase on average. In some very specialized cases maybe double that, while in other cases much less. Sandy Bridge already easily overclocked to the same ball park as Skylake, so there's little to no increase in clock speed. That means that 20% increase in IPC Is basically all you're getting (which is honestly pretty pathetic after 6 years). Even if you're generous and give another 5% in clock speed for Kaby Lake it doesn't add that much more.

In my opinion, what you have to ask yourself is whether a 20-25% increase in performance is actually worth spending $500 (CPU/board/memory)? At least with Ryzen you get more cores. With Kaby Lake it seems to me that you're not getting much of anything.
You get a platform upgrade. Also, it higly depends on what your doing. If your just gaming anything past sandy bridge is a hard sell to upgrade.

Old Jan 8, 2017, 07:24 PM   #23
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

yup the reason to "upgrade" at this point is platform not performance. Which is what intel has been focusing on for the last 8 years or so.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2017, 08:43 AM   #24
bittermann
I didn't do it

bittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I saw over on [H] that AMD stated all Ryzen cpu's will be unlocked. That's a pretty dam good reason right there.

Last edited by bittermann : Jan 9, 2017 at 11:27 AM.
bittermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:12 AM   #25
Ghastlyone
In Absentia

Ghastlyone is still being judged by the masses

I'm doing a 7700k rebuild in the next week or so. Upgrading from my trusty old 3570k Ivy Bridge.

It's not so much about straight clock for clock performance for me, even a 20% increase will be nice. I'm more interested in getting all the new platform goodies, like an NVME drive, USB 3.1, DDR4, updated BIOS with better system fan control, etc.
Ghastlyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:13 AM   #26
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

"Why should I buy a Ryzen CPU?"

Because you'll put Caveman Jim out of a job if you don't.
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2017, 11:15 AM   #27
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghastlyone View Post
I'm doing a 7700k rebuild in the next week or so. Upgrading from my trusty old 3570k Ivy Bridge.

It's not so much about straight clock for clock performance for me, even a 20% increase will be nice. I'm more interested in getting all the new platform goodies, like an NVME drive, USB 3.1, DDR4, updated BIOS with better system fan control, etc.
I have a friend weighing the exact same upgrade vs. waiting for Ryzen. Personally, as tempting as Kaby Lake's clocks are, I'd wait for Ryzen.
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:59 PM   #28
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

yeah at this point im telling people to not do new builds and wait the few months for ryzen to launch to see where prices shake out for things. If you didn't do a new build on black friday then just chill.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2017, 01:02 PM   #29
bittermann
I didn't do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalfthewhite View Post
yeah at this point im telling people to not do new builds and wait the few months for ryzen to launch to see where prices shake out for things. If you didn't do a new build on black friday then just chill.
Bingo, unless you gots to have it now!
Old Jan 9, 2017, 01:05 PM   #30
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Vega Nano and iTX Ryzen would be nice

Getting tires of large empty cases...
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote