Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

Old May 3, 2003, 09:38 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
yrophet
Radeon R100

yrophet is still being judged by the masses

Angry strange, slow, painful death of 9500Pro - help

When someone switched off the power to the room, my computer went off. When my computer came on, my poor 9500Pro wasn't working. After mourning for a bit and trying somethings I resorted to putting my backup TNT2 (it worked). Then I though, might as well try the radeon again. I did, and it worked. It was running smoothly for a while then, when I was using the computer, I decided it was a bit warm so I turned on the desk fan (which was attached to the same power point). Sound of hard drives spinning up and computer froze. Turned off computer. Turned on computer. Same problem as before! The vid card wasn't working again. Tried switching around the power connector for a bit, not working. Pulled out radeon and put it back in again. It worked! Hoorah, then it worked for a day or two through a few turnings of the computer off and on. But this morning, I try to turn my computer on. Guess what. Same symptoms again. Vid card not working. And this time pulling it out and putting it back in again didn't work. I couldn't be more sure than it was seated correctly. I tried many different combinations of the internal power connector including unplugging my hard drives. And I havn't been able to get it working again. So now i'm on my TNT2 again. WTF could have happened? If it died when the power went off, it wouldn't have worked after pulling it out and putting it in!? If it didn't die after the power went off, why did it randomly die after I shut down my computer normally? If there is a chance its still alive, I don't want to go through sending it back and having them test it etc. Anyone know what the problem could be?
Thanks.

My system is
Athlon 1.33 ...not overclocked
Gigabyte KT400 Mobo
2 WD HDDs
1 LG burner
"Super" Radeon 9500 Pro
SB Live!
Realtek NIC
Pixelview TV Tuner card
Floppy
Old May 4, 2003, 12:19 AM   #2
RadeonBBQ
touchdown.

RadeonBBQ is still being judged by the masses

i would say ur house wiring is bad lol... i would use a single outlet for the box itself, and hook the moitor speakers and the desk fan up to another outlet located on a different breaker
HP W2207
1TB+500GB Seagate Barracuda
Corsair HX1000W
Visiontek HD4870X2

http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/588819.png
Old May 4, 2003, 02:00 AM   #3
Jackl
Always watching.

Jackl is still being judged by the masses

Do you have a surge protecter? Itd suck if your hardware got zapped.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 4, 2003, 06:42 AM   #4
Huntley
Radeon R100

Huntley is still being judged by the masses

Another possibility is that your power supply is guilty, not the card. Anyway you could test the card in another PC (someone else's PC)?

H
Old May 4, 2003, 08:34 AM   #5
yrophet
Radeon R100

Default psu

yeah i've tested it in another computer, no go.
i have had a lot of psu trouble in the past, but i have a quality one atm (sparkle) and i doubt thats the problem. I'll connect the computer to its own power point though.
Old May 5, 2003, 07:25 PM   #6
yrophet
Radeon R100

Default err

now its started working again! arr whats going on !