Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jul 29, 2002, 01:57 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Christberg
Hmmmm... Death.

Christberg is still being judged by the masses

Default 1 million GCs shipped to Europe...

So Nintendo has announced that it shipped 1 million GCs to Europe as of this month. Their sales are pretty decent overall, really.

http://www.cube-europe.com/newsphp/news.php?id=1305

There's an official press release on the Nintendo.co.uk site, too I believe.

I think the boys over at cube-europe are being a bit overoptimistic as usual though.
'When it comes to Nintendo strategy, it's not that we want to make games for kids. It's that we want to make them creative while appealing to a wider audience. Obviously we see games as entertainment, and what we want to do is find the best way to make the gameplay experience entertaining for everyone."-Shigeru Miyamoto

Proud owner of way too many pieces of consumer electronics, including GBA,DS,GC, and PS2.

My computer specs:
Asus A78N Deluxe, Athlon XP 2700+,1.2gb PC2700 DDR, 280GB HD, 6600 GT 512mb, other stuff.
Christberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2002, 02:16 PM   #2
ragewars_sc
Radeon Southern Islands

ragewars_sc is still being judged by the masses

Very good ! I am happy for Nintendo and i belive 90 000 GC's in one week now is more like 150 000 or even more when RE,ED,Mario,Turok and StarFaox (to name only some) will be out
Old Jul 29, 2002, 04:33 PM   #3
FLiPmO
Radeon R520

FLiPmO is still being judged by the masses

they are selling like hot cakes. So it is nice to have another 1 million cubes. So they will be prepared. Cause these games are coming in the up coming months:
Turok:Evolution
Die Hard:vendetta
Resident Evil
Super Mario Sunshine
Star Fox Adventure
Eternall Darkness
Wario World

and off coarse at the end of the year Metroid Prime!!!
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 29, 2002, 04:34 PM   #4
adam cool dude
Payne To The Max

Location: United Kingdom, Buckingham Palace for weekend parties
adam cool dude is still being judged by the masses

Is mine one of the million cause i just got mine last monday with SSB and 007. These games rock as it especially 007 with bots so i can play multi when my matesare not around!

PC:MSI K8N Neo Plat ,AMD 64 [email protected],Asus Star ice cooler, 1024mb OCZ 3700 EB 245mhz 2-5-2-2, Western Digital Raptor 74GB HD, Safire X800 Pro vivo(16 pipes)@XT-PE, Hercules Fortisimo III 7.1 Antec Case + True Power 431 watt, Logitech MX700 + Logitech wireless keyboard, 2x17" monitors, Logitech 5.1 speakers, Win XP Corp.

Second Hand PC parts:P4 1.6ghz [email protected] 3.6ghz(No hyper-threading), Zalman Ultra Cooler, Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024mb Corsair TwinX PC4400 @300mhz, Volt modded Asus Radeon 9800 XT 450/500, 120GB Generic HD, Onboard Sound, Cheapy Speakers, 19" Generic Silver Monitor, Generic Keyboard + Logitech MX510, Win XP Corp.
adam cool dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2002, 10:22 AM   #5
Consolitis
Banned

Consolitis is still being judged by the masses

I think they'll sell another 1,000,000 worldwide just over the Christmas holiday's, Mario, SFA, Metroid Prime, RE0 will all be out and ready for under the tree

Hopefully everyone will have already received PS2's as gifts by then
Consolitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2002, 09:19 PM   #6
whyamihere
Radeon R600

Location: On a pile of money with lots of beautiful ladies, London, European Union
whyamihere is still being judged by the masses

Well I can but tell you my experience, as a European. It was a bastard for me to find the thing (got it about a month or so ago) and it is a bastard finding hardware for it. I'm told everything goes very quickly (Scart cables are gold dust). Finally, it is a bastard finding preowned games.
And communism begat anti-communism...
And anti-communism begat facism...

Ahh, technology!
whyamihere is offline   Reply With Quote