Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jul 13, 2018, 09:14 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult can recite pi backwardstheshadowcult can recite pi backwardstheshadowcult can recite pi backwardstheshadowcult can recite pi backwardstheshadowcult can recite pi backwardstheshadowcult can recite pi backwardstheshadowcult can recite pi backwards

Default Earthfall (Coop l4d style game)

Has anyone tried this yet? Seems pretty interesting, and looks pretty nice.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/415590/Earthfall/

Hmm, maybe not?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 10:00 PM   #2
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Yeah it looks good.

Also a little bit on the nose to be called "l4d styled" I'm see entire elements lifted wholesale.
Antec Sonata 3|AMD Athlon 860k|Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H|8 gig Cruical Ballistic DDR3 1600|MSI GTX 660ti 2gb PE |LG Blu-Ray Drive/DVD Burner| ASUS XONAR DGX|Western Digital Caviar Blue 1tb |Crucial M500 240gb SSD|Corisar T2 Heatsink|Ducky 1087 mechanical keyboard w/cherry brown switches|Razer DeathAdder 3.5g|Xbox One S Controller| Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick| Samsung 24D390 |Sony C520K| Dell 2007WFP| Creative T10 2.0 speakers| Windows 8.1 Pro x64 |PS3 Slim 120gb|PS4 Slim 1tb| Nokia Lumia 640 w/ 32gb Flash
Jkmetal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:28 AM   #3
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Yeah I "tried" it. lol.. basically a prettier l4d
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 14, 2018, 09:59 AM   #4
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Seriously...that's not a L4D TC?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:13 AM   #5
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult can recite pi backwardstheshadowcult can recite pi backwardstheshadowcult can recite pi backwardstheshadowcult can recite pi backwardstheshadowcult can recite pi backwardstheshadowcult can recite pi backwardstheshadowcult can recite pi backwards

Because other games like l4d dont exist? *cough* payday, evolve, vermintide *cough*
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:17 AM   #6
KAC
Lets talk stupid

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Another POS game.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:23 AM   #7
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Because other games like l4d dont exist? *cough* payday, evolve, vermintide *cough*
I've never played any of those. Do they look that much like l4d too? This one might be fun actually - I was just surprised at the similarities.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:20 PM   #8
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I've never played any of those. Do they look that much like l4d too? This one might be fun actually - I was just surprised at the similarities.
L4D was a great game. And we all know Valve, where games go to die after one sequel, will never do **** with it again. So, if people want to recreate it, I say more power to them.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2018, 01:44 AM   #9
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

No versus mode? That seems absurd. Looks average.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2018, 11:18 AM   #10
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
L4D was a great game. And we all know Valve, where games go to die after one sequel, will never do **** with it again. So, if people want to recreate it, I say more power to them.
Agreed. Matter of fact I might show these devs some love and get this when I get home tonight. I need a new game to play with and this looks like it might be fun.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 07:47 PM   #11
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Has anyone tried this yet? Seems pretty interesting, and looks pretty nice.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/415590/Earthfall/

Hmm, maybe not?
Honestly, that guy's review doesn't really resonate with me. A lot of stuff he's slagging doesn't strike me as being that bad. If we applied the same reasoning to L4D you could tear the game a new one.

For example, he talks about the "limited 10 gun arsenal", but does L4D even have that many guns? I don't think L4D1 did. In L4D2 you have multiple versions of each weapon, but they're basically functionally identical. For instance, there's a small difference between the assault rifles, but it's pretty minor and only really comes into play as slight personal preference. You pretty much never have a situation where you're like "Damn it an AK47 spawned instead of an M16!" It just doesn't matter that much.

I'm not saying this to criticize L4D. It's one of my favorite games of all time. I'm just saying that a lot of the criticisms in the video probably apply equally to L4D. I mean, seriously, even the part about using the weapon printers as ammo crates, it's not like we didn't do the exact same thing with the weapon spawns in L4D.

I have no doubt that L4D is a more polished experience than this game, but the video just comes across as overly critical to me.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2018, 08:23 AM   #12
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Looks like same engine too ?

Anyways, not played either but I prefer the look of this one :

https://store.steampowered.com/app/5...Hunt_Showdown/

Not a rip off and concept looks great not sure in practice though. Had my fill of the L4D franchise so a total conversion doesn't excite me.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:17 AM   #13
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Agreed. Matter of fact I might show these devs some love and get this when I get home tonight. I need a new game to play with and this looks like it might be fun.
I lied. I was all set to buy this and decided I just don't want another version of games I already own.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:42 PM   #14
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
no, virmintide doesn't. also different heroes have different strengths and weapons. so it offers a little more than L4D. But the most basic mechanic is the same.
Too predictable.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2018, 12:48 PM   #15
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
no, virmintide doesn't. also different heroes have different strengths and weapons. so it offers a little more than L4D. But the most basic mechanic is the same.
Gracias bob
Old Jul 16, 2018, 05:21 PM   #16
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Gracias bob
pick it up sometimes if you enjoy 4 player co-op games with lots of bugs and toxic players. it actually is a lot of fun tho. this one and the first one have been my main multiplayer games for over 2 years now.

Too predictable.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2018, 08:14 AM   #17
saumilsingh
Radeon Evergreen

saumilsingh can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysaumilsingh can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysaumilsingh can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Few months back, I came across a not yet released coop shooter which looked quite interesting.

The graphics were near identical to the Metro games, same slower pacing, except it was a L4D style coop shooter.

I forgot the name and it's driving me nuts. Anyone know what I am talking about?
saumilsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:51 AM   #18
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
pick it up sometimes if you enjoy 4 player co-op games with lots of bugs and toxic players. it actually is a lot of fun tho. this one and the first one have been my main multiplayer games for over 2 years now.

I'm good bob - I can't shake the feeling that 10 minutes in I'd feel like I already played it a couple hundred hours.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:51 AM   #19
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumilsingh View Post
Few months back, I came across a not yet released coop shooter which looked quite interesting.

The graphics were near identical to the Metro games, same slower pacing, except it was a L4D style coop shooter.

I forgot the name and it's driving me nuts. Anyone know what I am talking about?
If you mean excape from tarkov, its not a l4d like game. Other than that there is survarium which again isnt l4d like. I dont know any other metro like graphics though.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:55 AM   #20
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:

Is it GTFO? That has me interested.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/493520/GTFO/
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:49 AM   #21
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Is it GTFO? That has me interested.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/493520/GTFO/
Oh yeah, forgot about that one. Not entirely sure i'd say its like metro graphically tho.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:51 AM   #22
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Oh yeah, forgot about that one. Not entirely sure i'd say its like metro graphically tho.
Nor I, nothing else came to mind though
Old Jul 18, 2018, 09:52 AM   #23
saumilsingh
Radeon Evergreen

saumilsingh can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysaumilsingh can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysaumilsingh can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yep GTFO, that's the one.
Looks exactly like Metro to me.

As far as L4D style coop horde shooters go, KF2 still looks like the one to go for.
Might have to buy it because id isn't interested in milking Doom 2016 in all the ways they could have...
saumilsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:24 AM   #24
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Yep GTFO, that's the one.
Looks exactly like Metro to me.

As far as L4D style coop horde shooters go, KF2 still looks like the one to go for.
Might have to buy it because id isn't interested in milking Doom 2016 in all the ways they could have...
I thought GTFO looked pretty good. Hope so anyway.

And I hope the heck Doom Eternal adds more to the mix than that MP. The first one begs for some SP and co-op love and I bet the next will too.