Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Aug 20, 2019, 02:34 PM   #1201
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
  • 50% longer battery life.
  • Newer & sturdier controllers, without the drift problems of the originals.
  • Newer wireless NIC, should avoid the orange screen of death.
  • Potential for jailbreaking and overclocking.
For $75 it's a no brainer for me & my family.
Battery life would be the only thing. Controllers can be switched and Ive never had(heard of) problems with the NIC.

Nintendo shut down pretty much all exploits with newer revisions of switches so I wouldnt expect anything else. If you want a modded switch youre going to have to find an old one.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2019, 04:52 PM   #1202
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I’m looking at grabbing one during the holidays. Should be nice to have while I’m deployed.. I’m not sure what the big deal is about a “pro” though. The battery life will be awful if they go with a high-powered system, and how do you keep that kind of hardware cool? It’s already heat-soaking from your greasy nerd fingers, and putting a fan in there is no good due to the portability portion being important.

The switch is good the way it is as long as they focus on efficiency.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2019, 11:08 PM   #1203
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Nintendo shut down pretty much all exploits with newer revisions of switches so I wouldnt expect anything else. If you want a modded switch youre going to have to find an old one.
So you're saying that Nintendo is good at securing its consoles against exploits? Can you think of another Nintendo console that has ever not been hacked?

Despite you're username, sometimes you're not so logical!

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 20, 2019, 11:37 PM   #1204
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
So you're saying that Nintendo is good at securing its consoles against exploits? Can you think of another Nintendo console that has ever not been hacked?

I have no clue about the Nintendo homebrew scene. Im saying that if youre using homebrew as a way of justifying a new switch thats not a good point.

Last edited by logical : Aug 20, 2019 at 11:46 PM.
logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2019, 11:43 PM   #1205
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I have no clue about the Nintendo homebrew scene. Im saying that if youre using homebrew as a way of justifying a new switch thats not a god point.
As I recall, the guys who hacked the gamecube discovered that the secret key that protected the system was "Mario". Then Nintendo changed it on the Wii to something like "Mar1o".

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Aug 21, 2019, 03:32 AM   #1206
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:

Well it's not just Nintendo, Nvidia was the reason why the switch got hacked in the first place, because Nvidia left a exploit in the Tegra chipset. Which since got fixed in the hardware revision that came out sometime last year.

It's not impossible at this point, just extremely unlikely. Nintendo has beefed up the software side of the protection, while Nvidia fixed the hardware faults.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2019, 09:13 AM   #1207
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:

The Wii mini
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:29 PM   #1208
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
The Wii mini
Only because it was so useless that hackers didn't bother

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Aug 21, 2019, 01:07 PM   #1209
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Only because it was so useless that hackers didn't bother
Security through obscurity It's literally so useless they can't hack it
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2019, 02:08 PM   #1210
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Security through obscurity It's literally so useless they can't hack it
That's how they do it on Macs, so you know it works!

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Aug 22, 2019, 10:56 AM   #1211
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
That's how they do it on Macs, so you know it works!
Except MACS don't revise/change during the end of a useful life cycle. They change/revise whenever they say its time, and that's the law you follow!
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2019, 03:02 PM   #1212
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Witcher 3 complete edition will hit Switch on Oct 15

Some info from TechSpot:
At any rate, if you've never played The Witcher 3 before or you have but want to experience it in a new way, feel free to pre-order a Switch copy for yourself. Physical editions of the port will run you a full $60, but don't scoff just yet. In true CD Projekt Red fashion, you'll get several extra goodies for your money.

For starters, that $60 nets you the Complete Edition of the game, which includes both expansion packs: Blood and Wine and Hearts of Stone. The packs are ordinarily priced at $20 and $10 respectively. Additionally, physical copies of the port will include a Witcher Universe: Compendium lore booklet, a stylized paper world map, and some free stickers.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 09:08 AM   #1213
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It looks like **** obviously, but on handheld mode it doesn't look too bad, especially considering the hardware and the game involved.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Old Aug 23, 2019, 04:36 PM   #1214
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The battle speed settings in the switch version of DQ is VERY NICE!

I really wish the pc/ps4 version had it, vanilla DQ 11 is so slow and clunky.

The music still sucks though, real instruments or not, I still ****ing hate the battle music and field theme.

Last edited by Mangler : Aug 23, 2019 at 04:55 PM.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2019, 07:15 PM   #1215
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

I wish you could share save games between switch & xbox/ps4. It'd be great for Witcher3.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Yesterday, 01:25 AM   #1216
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
The battle speed settings in the switch version of DQ is VERY NICE!

I really wish the pc/ps4 version had it, vanilla DQ 11 is so slow and clunky.

The music still sucks though, real instruments or not, I still ****ing hate the battle music and field theme.
Sadly with how famous that music is in Japan it's never going to change, and while I agree it still sucks, it doesn't suck as much as the midi version. OMFG I wanted to tear my ears off.