Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Jan 14, 2019, 02:16 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
64 is still plenty for 4k tho. I had some 8k fantasies...

Im still wondering how that huge memory bw and amount will come into play. Ocing will be fun too. Looking forward to reviews. FP 64 is in there too...
Sorry Pax FP64 is the same as Vega 64. It's been disabled so as not to cannibalize sales of the Instinct cards. Here's the link..https://techgage.com/news/radeon-vii...4-performance/
Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7Ghz, ASUS Z270-K, Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64, 16GB Crucial DDR4 2400 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2019, 02:48 PM   #92
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

if it beets my 1080 ti strix in reviews I may get one or two

but will wait for a single strix or two water cooled cards

don't like the looks of the fans on stock Radeon 7

and give the 1080 ti to my sister for wow at 4k
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:02 PM   #93
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Sorry Pax FP64 is the same as Vega 64. It's been disabled so as not to cannibalize sales of the Instinct cards. Here's the link..https://techgage.com/news/radeon-vii...4-performance/
Shouldnt be too surprised. At this point I hope to see what ocing headroom it might have. Tho its just first gen 7nm and thats always modest on a new node.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 18.12.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F24 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 18.12.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:16 PM   #94
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Finally:

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu...mYPcYvCDlBUsOE

Quote:
AMD's Radeon VII Supports DirectML - An Alternative to DLSS?
In a recent interview with 4 Gamers (Source in Japanise), AMD's Adam Kozak confirmed that their upcoming Radeon VII graphics card would support DirectML, a Machine Learning (ML) extension to DirectX.

Think of DirectML as the Machine Learning equivalent of DXR (DirectX Raytracing), allowing DirectX 12 to support advanced features and utilise AI to improve future games.

An example of how AI can be seen in Nvidia's DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling) technology, which uses a Deep Learning algorithm to boost game performance while offering a final image that can provide superior image quality to TAA (Temporal Anti Aliasing). In the past, Microsoft has showcased DirectML achieving similar feats, which means that there may soon be a multi-vendor alternative to Nvidia's DLSS technology.

DirectML supports all DirectX 12 compliant hardware, much like DXR, and like DXR it can also exploit the hardware acceleration capabilities of modern graphics architectures. In effect, this will allow developers to access hardware features like Nvidia's Tensor cores, just like how DXR enables developers to utilise Turing's RT cores. In the case of DirectML, the performance of AMD's Radeon VII could be used to deliver a "DLSS-like" effect, but using an approach that will work on Radeon hardware.

AMD's Adam Kozak stated that the (translated) "Radeon VII shows excellent results" when the company experimented with DirectML.
Hope they bring it to Vega 64.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 18.12.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F24 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 18.12.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jan 15, 2019, 02:52 PM   #95
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Hope they bring it to Vega 64.[/quote]

Now that would be nice as unlike the Turing cards Vega VII doesn't have any special cores running things.
Intel i7 7700k @ 4.7Ghz, ASUS Z270-K, Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64, 16GB Crucial DDR4 2400 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2019, 04:39 PM   #96
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Hope they bring it to Vega 64.
Now that would be nice as unlike the Turing cards Vega VII doesn't have any special cores running things.[/quote]

do we know that ?

they have showed very little about it
Old Jan 15, 2019, 06:07 PM   #97
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
Now that would be nice as unlike the Turing cards Vega VII doesn't have any special cores running things.

do we know that ?

they have showed very little about it
Because Vega VII is just a lower binned Radeon Instinct MI50 die which doesn't have any dedicated AI cores.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2019, 06:37 PM   #98
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
Because Vega VII is just a lower binned Radeon Instinct MI50 die which doesn't have any dedicated AI cores.
NV DLSS deep learning super sampling

isn't Radeon Instinct all about deep learning ?

they can't turn some of the parts unused for gaming on for something like DLSS ?

Quote:
Unleash Deep Learning Discovery
Quote:
Optimized for Deep Learning

The Radeon Instinct™ MI50 server accelerator designed on the world’s first 7nm FinFET technology process brings customers a full-feature set based on the industry newest technologies. The MI50 is AMD’s workhorse accelerator offering that is ideal for large scale deep learning. Delivering 26.8 TFLOPS of native half-precision (FP16) or 13.4 TFLOPS single-precision (FP32) peak floating point performance and INT8 support and combined with 16GB of high-bandwidth HBM2 ECC memory2, the Radeon Instinct™ MI50 brings customers the compute and memory performance needed for enterprise-class, mid-range compute capable of training complex neural networks for a variety of demanding machine deep learning applications in a cost-effective design.
https://www.amd.com/en/products/prof...saAkhYEALw_wcB
Old Jan 15, 2019, 07:48 PM   #99
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
AMD Radeon Vega VII Will Feature 64 ROPs and Botched Down FP64 Support – Rumored To Have Less Than 5000 Units With No AIB Models
https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-vega...-fp64-compute/

Old Jan 15, 2019, 07:54 PM   #100
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
NV DLSS deep learning super sampling

isn't Radeon Instinct all about deep learning ?

they can't turn some of the parts unused for gaming on for something like DLSS ?

https://www.amd.com/en/products/prof...saAkhYEALw_wcB
They're running the AI stuff on the shaders...
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:04 AM   #101
rms
Radeon R420

rms is still being judged by the masses

Smile

I want to try for one of these radeon 7. What are good sites to look for stock or to try for a pre-order? Thanks! (I already signed up for nowinstock)

Edit: Oh I see supply may not be too tight after all: https://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu...pply_rumours/1

Last edited by rms : Jan 16, 2019 at 11:45 AM. Reason: update
rms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:46 PM   #102
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by rms View Post
I want to try for one of these radeon 7. What are good sites to look for stock or to try for a pre-order? Thanks! (I already signed up for nowinstock)

Edit: Oh I see supply may not be too tight after all: https://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu...pply_rumours/1
better news thanks

newegg and amazon

….
I will wait for reviews if they look good I want a watercooled or a strix

hope they are out before March 15
Old Jan 16, 2019, 05:05 PM   #103
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
AMD: Radeon VII Has Excellent Results with DirectML; We Could Try a GPGPU Approach for Something NVIDIA DLSS-like
https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-vii-...sult-directml/
Old Jan 16, 2019, 08:03 PM   #104
pax
Rage3D Spammer

This kind of has me peeked:

Quote:
At last year’s Game Developers Conference 2018, Microsoft announced a framework “Windows ML” for developing machine learning based applications on the Windows 10 platform, and “DirectML” that makes it available from DirectX12.
We are currently experimenting with the preview version SDK of DirectML, but Radeon VII shows excellent results so far.

By the way, Radeon VII scored about 1.62 times the GeForce RTX 2080 in “Luxmark” which utilizes an OpenCL-based GPGPU-like ray tracing renderer.
Based on these facts, I think NVIDIA’s DLSS-like thing can be done with a GPGPU-like approach for our GPU.
Tells me they should be able to do this on Vega one. Dont care for RT but DLSS is a def potential perf booster...

www.realitysandwich.com