Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jan 12, 2017, 08:47 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Still a little bit until the event, but leaks this close aren't often wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blo...?client=safari

Hate to say I told you so but...
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2017, 09:14 PM   #32
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

dmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaidarHaran View Post
Still a little bit until the event, but leaks this close aren't often wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blo...?client=safari

Hate to say I told you so but...

300 bucks.. ouch. I mean if I wanted it I would buy it but I don't want it. They should release the Switch at 250.. its the better business move. I think its a bust anyway but I didn't realize Nintendo's business lost 50 billion dollars.. or market value of the company. The Wii U hit them really hard.

If this Flops I think Nintendo is going to most likely stop making consoles.
dmanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2017, 09:36 PM   #33
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I have friends that are hardcore Nintendo fans and they think this thing is going to be $400-450 because that's the range the XBONE and PS4 launched at. Trying to explain why they're wrong but they're not terribly technically-minded so it's not really working. Guess they'll see in half an hour.
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 12, 2017, 09:43 PM   #34
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I think this thing is going to bomb hard if they're asking 300 bucks for it.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2017, 09:48 PM   #35
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanna View Post
300 bucks.. ouch. I mean if I wanted it I would buy it but I don't want it. They should release the Switch at 250.. its the better business move. I think its a bust anyway but I didn't realize Nintendo's business lost 50 billion dollars.. or market value of the company. The Wii U hit them really hard.

If this Flops I think Nintendo is going to most likely stop making consoles.
They just cant break from tradition which is why they keep doing stupid things.
-Online isn't up to par, and they think its all about Miiverse like stuff.....
-Hardware isn't up to par, but they don't want to sell at a loss.
-Hardware needs some random gimmick because Wii.
-Hardware always has some significant drawback that pushes dev's away...and its not the power levels (using cartridges when CD's have boatloads more space, proprietary disc when DVD's have tons more space)
-Seemingly shun the 3rd parties because 'our way or the highway'

But it might have a chance if theres actually third party support.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense

Last edited by Sasquach : Jan 12, 2017 at 09:54 PM.
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:03 PM   #36
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

$300 announced. This will be fine as long as they respond to market demand... They need to be prepared to drop the price for Christmas if sales are not up to expectations.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:03 PM   #37
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

-$300 US
-No region lock
-MARIO KART 8 BATTLE MODE! (shown in the demo videos while talking about the switch)
-USB type c charging, 2-6hr battery life
-I feel bad for big American hands, those joycon look tiny as hell lol. Apparently you can record videos from the joycons....
"sharing the joy...." good god that's terrible lol
-joycons also available in various colors. Joycon strap has a sliding attachment that has L/R buttons. Theres motion/vibration. Seems like its going to be pretty accurate in its abilities.
-Super cheesy showdown video introducing "1-2 SWITCH", which appears to be Switch's version of Wii-sports. seems like its based highly on the motion functionality of the joycons. looks to be a good party game. You pretty much have a showdown against another player without looking at the screen.
-super cheesy video introducing a pretty interesting looking punch out/boxing-ish like game with extendo arms, called "ARMS"
-"SPLATOON 2" New weapons, new stages, new squid, new control methods, networkability with other switches and not just online. Not a launch title.
-"SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY"....looks to be open world, and has real world elements in it (which seems weird)....and boomerang hat lol. Not a launch title.
-"XENOBLADE 2" looks to be similar to Xenoblade Chronicles style not Xenoblade Chronicles X.
-"FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS"
-"DRAGON QUEST 10, 11, HEROES"
-"SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI" by Atlus, powered by Unreal engine 4.
-Project Octopath traveler (Some square-enix RPG)
-Sega is making stuff (the guy introduced himself and quickly left lol)
-"SKYRIM" is confirmed.
-"NO MORE HEROES 3?" (Travis touchdown will be back in an untitled game)
-EA is up lets see what port they put on it. looks like a FIFA game.
-game showreel, I saw street fighter 2, tetris, bomberman, something that looked like FZERO.....
-And theres Breath of the Wild Switch. And it looks like its the launch title.

Last edited by Sasquach : Jan 12, 2017 at 11:06 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:04 PM   #38
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Yikes....$300.

Dunno about ordering at that price.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:07 PM   #39
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Motion controls and touch screen confirmed.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:09 PM   #40
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Battery life is low. 2.5 - 6 hours, depending on game.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:17 PM   #41
TenFour
Radeon Northern Islands

TenFour is still being judged by the masses

Wasn't expecting these new controller features. Could be put to great use. Optical recognition camera in the place where the Wiimote sensor was could be very interesting. But this also the kind of stuff that doesn't excite third party devs
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:21 PM   #42
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

1 2 Switch looks stupid. There, I said it.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:25 PM   #43
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
1 2 Switch looks stupid. There, I said it.
As does ARMS.

REALLY not impressing with this presentation.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:27 PM   #44
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Wasn't expecting these new controller features. Could be put to great use. Optical recognition camera in the place where the Wiimote sensor was could be very interesting. But this also the kind of stuff that doesn't excite third party devs
Loads of crappy shovelware confirmed!
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:31 PM   #45
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Battery life is low. 2.5 - 6 hours, depending on game.
Translation: 2 hours average of battery life.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:32 PM   #46
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Splatoon is not a launch game, nor a pack-in (as some rumors were suggesting).

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:36 PM   #47
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Mario Odyssey also not a launch game. And it's open world... I'm skeptical about this one... reminds me a bit of Mario Sunshine.

New Mario art style... I'm thinkin' I don't like it so much. Maybe I'll get used to it? But his mustache looks dumb.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:38 PM   #48
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

So the game I want (mario) doesn't come out till xmas 2017?

Guess I know when I'm picking the system up...on sale.

Alpha

Omega

Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:38 PM   #49
TenFour
Radeon Northern Islands

Only way 1 2 Switch is going to sell is if it's a pack-in or comes with a free controller like Wii Play.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:41 PM   #50
TenFour
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Mario Odyssey also not a launch game. And it's open world... I'm skeptical about this one... reminds me a bit of Mario Sunshine.

New Mario art style... I'm thinkin' I don't like it so much. Maybe I'll get used to it? But his mustache looks dumb.
So weird to mix him with people that are of more realistic proportions. I otherwise kind of dig the graphics though.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:42 PM   #51
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Lol, it's dead on arrival. 2.5-6 hour battery at 720p for $300. ****ing get out Nintendo.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:43 PM   #52
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

Sadly, my first thought was also Sunshine....
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:45 PM   #53
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

So WTF is out at launch? What is the draw to buy it day one??? Have they mentioned the launch lineup yet???

Alpha

Omega

Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:46 PM   #54
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Wow the Sega non-announcement was dumb. At least we get Skyrim.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:53 PM   #55
Grannus

Grannus is still being judged by the masses

that was disappointing....
Grannus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:53 PM   #56
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I don't understand the right side control with the analog stick so far into the middle. I expect a nightmare for using it as a single control/2nd player and can't figure out how you don't hit the stick while trying to push the buttons when its connected as a single control.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:55 PM   #57
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Mario Kart with battlemode!

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:56 PM   #58
lazyx
Radeon Southern Islands

lazyx once held a door open for a complete strangerlazyx once held a door open for a complete strangerlazyx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Seems like its catering to the Japanese market a little bit too much.I have no doubt it will be the number selling console\handheld in japan.
lazyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:58 PM   #59
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Its got my attention, but I don't see myself picking this thing up anytime soon.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 11:02 PM   #60
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sounds like they're about to announce that they'll launch with Zelda.

edit: Confirmed.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro