Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Closed Thread

Old Oct 25, 2020, 08:09 PM   #1351
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
It's a shame how you ex colonials can't speak the proper Queen's English. It's COULD NOT care less. Semantics
Keep calm and rule Bitannia!

yoz
Old Oct 25, 2020, 08:28 PM   #1352
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
It's a shame how you ex colonials can't speak the proper Queen's English. It's COULD NOT care less. Semantics
bugger the Queen

proper English is only good on a cue ball
Old Oct 25, 2020, 10:29 PM   #1353
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
You guys think amd is exclusively selling the top card 6900xt or whatever themselves to prevent scalping?
If AMD can make sure 1 credit card 1 address 1 card for everyone directly from their store then they could prevent scalpers I think. Big IF. Nobody will pay 2x for a scalped 6800xt if they can pay less to get a 6900xt directly from AMD. Less incentive for scalpers to buy everything up if they're only going to make $200 profit tops.

What do you all think?
Its a good idea... It just might work if true.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XZFXZ RXZ 480 GTR Cats 20.9.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.7.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 26, 2020, 09:06 AM   #1354
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Its a good idea... It just might work if true.
The Lisa Edition?

yoz
Old Oct 26, 2020, 10:41 AM   #1355
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Those that think AMD is going to sell their cards at near the same price point as NVidia need to stop and remind yourself of 1 thing, other than they will have a card that May be faster, or at the very least the same speed as Nvidia: Market Share! AMD only has 18% off the GPU Market, Because of this, AMD will still sell their cards at a much cheaper price than Nvidia until they gain a substantial amount of the Market. I suspect you won't see prices comparable to NVidia until they get nearer to 50% market Share. Having the fastest card out, if true, at this time by it's self, won't do that much for their market share. They have to keep prices lower for now. I may be wrong, but that is how I see it.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
Old Oct 26, 2020, 10:43 AM   #1356
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
Those that think AMD is going to sell their cards at near the same price point as NVidia need to stop and remind yourself of 1 thing, other than they will have a card that May be faster, or at the very least the same speed as Nvidia: Market Share! AMD only has 18% off the GPU Market, Because of this, AMD will still sell their cards at a much cheaper price than Nvidia until they gain a substantial amount of the Market. I suspect you won't see prices comparable to NVidia until they get nearer to 50% market Share. Having the fastest card out, if true won't do that. They have to keep prices lower for now. I may be wrong, but that is how I see it.
We'll know on Wed, finally.

yoz
Old Oct 26, 2020, 11:04 AM   #1357
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The amount of speculation (aka bullshit) in this thread is astounding. This post is also a drop in the same puddle.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 11:09 AM   #1358
AllexxisF1
Owie.

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

Even if AMD is on top with performance, they should still undercut Nvidia.

What makes a great card isn't so much it's performance, it's the price.

That way you make a good card, great and start climbing back that market share.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 11:31 AM   #1359
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
They have to be careful because if their cards are more expensive than 3080 I'm not buying them full stop. I'll go with the 3080 thank you. Inferior RT and no DLSS no thank you AMD.

They only have 25% at best of the market they have to price their cards to grab market share. Simple economics and marketing TBH. If you're not a market leader you can't premium price your products otherwise you're screwed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

and you know this how ?

AMD has a DLSS or whatever they call it coming if you want that sh*t

as for "Inferior RT" i doubt it the IQ will be and look the same
speed maybe slower
or faster if they also use extra CPU cores to do some of it

and it would not be the first time the one coming out with a new tech second was better in some way

Well, I have no interest in having DLSS or RT. Who cares? I'll just stick to native res and use AA.

Just give me faster raw performance any day.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Old Oct 26, 2020, 01:01 PM   #1360
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
Those that think AMD is going to sell their cards at near the same price point as NVidia need to stop and remind yourself of 1 thing, other than they will have a card that May be faster, or at the very least the same speed as Nvidia: Market Share! AMD only has 18% off the GPU Market, Because of this, AMD will still sell their cards at a much cheaper price than Nvidia until they gain a substantial amount of the Market. I suspect you won't see prices comparable to NVidia until they get nearer to 50% market Share. Having the fastest card out, if true, at this time by it's self, won't do that much for their market share. They have to keep prices lower for now. I may be wrong, but that is how I see it.
AMD hasn't exactly sold their cards cheap if I remember correctly, even though they were not close on performance. And the fact that there is such High demand right now for video cards it would be stupid for the share holders if they sell it more then $50 lower then Nvidia. And I'm not even sure they are going to do that since it looks like they are competitive. I believe Billy is going to keep his record of 100 percent wrong on price for 2020
Old Oct 26, 2020, 01:52 PM   #1361
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
AMD hasn't exactly sold their cards cheap if I remember correctly, even though they were not close on performance. And the fact that there is such High demand right now for video cards it would be stupid for the share holders if they sell it more then $50 lower then Nvidia. And I'm not even sure they are going to do that since it looks like they are competitive. I believe Billy is going to keep his record of 100 percent wrong on price for 2020

yea i had no idea they would sell 3080's for 1800+ on ebay

they have done it before

Quote:
The Radeon HD 4850 & 4870: AMD Wins at $199 and $299

AMD's RV770 GPUs absolutely demolish in Bioshock, the Radeon HD 4850 is nearly as fast as a GTX 280 and the 4870 is close to the speed of a GeForce 9800 GX2.
https://www.anandtech.com/show/2556/18

the gtx 280 was 650 at the time

i don't think they will go that far
Old Oct 26, 2020, 01:55 PM   #1362
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:

yea i had no idea they would sell 3080's for 1800+ on ebay

they have done it before

https://www.anandtech.com/show/2556/18

the gtx 280 was 650 at the time

i don't think they will go that far
One of these days you might be right on price in 2020 Billy, but this isn't one of those days!
Old Oct 26, 2020, 02:35 PM   #1363
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
One of these days you might be right on price in 2020 Billy, but this isn't one of those days!
Wed will tell all.

How many here think there'll be 6000 series products to buy on Wed?

yoz
Old Oct 26, 2020, 02:43 PM   #1364
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Wed will tell all.

most likely the 5th same as the Ryzen 5000's

full reviews in between
Old Oct 26, 2020, 02:44 PM   #1365
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Wed will tell all.

I doubt I'll get any video card red or green this year. If anything after the presentation they might say buy the Uber 6900xt directly from AMD.com starting Nov 5th. 6800xt & 6800 available starting Nov 22 or some stupid date when there are 2 in stock. Meaning Lisa Su lied and they aren't available before the consoles. Also AIB cards wide availability 2021. I'm.being realistic here. Not caring about F5 24/7 anymore.

Usually AMD lowballs the MSRP but I guarantee this time they will be within $50 of nvidia simply because they can .

Zen3 however I expect decent availability.

Or if you'd like here's my YouTuber opinion:
Well my one source keeps saying wide availability Nov 5th but this other source keeps screaming low availability until 2021...so.either way take this with a pinch of salt. My one source says 6800xt clearly beats 3080 but my other source says no only within spitting distance at best. Either way I would say in the general vicinity of the 3080. Now what I mean by that is some games it wins some games it loses but it's within +/-5%

I expect the Radeon 6800xt or whatever they chose to call it I've heard 6800 I've heard 6900xt 6900xtx 6800xtx... It will be priced around $450-550. But I do have another source that says within $50 of the 3080 so I cannot be sure. Either way it will be between $2 and $1999. Remember you heard it here first folks so smash that like button. I am not some kid living in his parents basement making stuff up for clicks and sponsors. I have real contacts and sources within these companies.

Last edited by Leprechaun : Oct 26, 2020 at 02:50 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 02:51 PM   #1366
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
most likely the 5th same as the Ryzen 5000's
You sure you don't want this one?

https://www.vortez.net/articles_page..._review,1.html

yoz
Old Oct 26, 2020, 02:52 PM   #1367
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Well my one source keeps saying wide availability Nov 5th but this other source keeps screaming low availability until 2021...so.either way take this with a pinch of salt. My one source says 6800xt clearly beats 3080 but my other source says no only within spitting distance at best. Either way I would say in the general vicinity of the 3080. Now what I mean by that is some games it wins some games it loses but it's within +/-5%

I expect the Radeon 6800xt or whatever they chose to call it I've heard 6800 I've heard 6900xt 6900xtx 6800xtx... It will be priced around $450-550. But I do have another source that says within $50 of the 3080 so I cannot be sure. Either way it will be between $2 and $1999. Remember you heard it here first folks so smash that like button. I am not some kid living in his parents basement making stuff up for clicks and sponsors. I have real contacts and sources within these companies.

yoz
Old Oct 26, 2020, 02:59 PM   #1368
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Quote:
I doubt I'll get any video card red or green this year. If anything after the presentation they might say buy the Uber 6900xt directly from AMD.com starting Nov 5th. 6800xt & 6800 available starting Nov 22 or some stupid date when there are 2 in stock. Meaning Lisa Su lied and they aren't available before the consoles. Also AIB cards wide availability 2021. I'm.being realistic here. Not caring about F5 24/7 anymore.

Usually AMD lowballs the MSRP but I guarantee this time they will be within $50 of nvidia simply because they can .

Zen3 however I expect decent availability.

This sounds alot like MLid! I got it right folks, I don’t know what the F you all are talking about!
Old Oct 26, 2020, 03:01 PM   #1369
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
This sounds alot like MLid! I got it right folks, I don’t know what the F you all are talking about!
Exactly, what turd nugget.

yoz
Old Oct 26, 2020, 03:19 PM   #1370
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
yep i'm sure
504 watts

now a 6900 XT yes if the 6800 XT is faster than a 3080 or same speed
Old Oct 26, 2020, 03:20 PM   #1371
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
yep i'm sure
I mean you still have the bicycle, right? What's another hip replacement?

yoz
Old Oct 26, 2020, 03:24 PM   #1372
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Old Oct 26, 2020, 03:38 PM   #1373
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

so same or faster in all 8 even at 4k
Old Oct 26, 2020, 03:41 PM   #1374
KAC
That postcount though...

Seems like it.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 03:43 PM   #1375
acroig
Master Troll

That's very impressive, can't wait until Wed.

yoz
Old Oct 26, 2020, 04:19 PM   #1376
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
That's very impressive, can't wait until Wed.
can't wait until Wed to see the 6900 xt

and it's price
Old Oct 26, 2020, 04:23 PM   #1377
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
can't wait until Wed to see the 6900 xt

and it's price
Right!

yoz
Old Oct 26, 2020, 04:26 PM   #1378
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Virtually identical in *every* game within margin of error? Also he didnt bother to test RT?

I think this channel is shens.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XZFXZ RXZ 480 GTR Cats 20.9.2, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.7.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
Old Oct 26, 2020, 04:34 PM   #1379
AllexxisF1
Owie.

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

Of course it's shens.

Does anyone honestly believe some bloke got his hands on this card already?

Click bait money.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 04:54 PM   #1380
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
bugger the Queen

proper English is only good on a cue ball
I think your first comment is a capital crime in the UK where you'll be hung, drawn & quartered and then made to play games in 4K on a Radeon 480

Secondly, don't understand the comment about the cue ball. Am I missing something?
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Pulse 5700XT, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Closed Thread