Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jul 2, 2004, 04:25 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
minaelromany
Radeon Caribbean Islands

minaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyminaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default How to make a girl love you ?

Hi guys,

I have a small problem .
I have been in love with a girl for almost two years now , I was seeing her in a small computer store here in my small town , I haven't talked to her much , but I know alot of things about her that made me more and more attracted to her , for all that time I haven't had the guts to tell her , then she was engaged to another guy that she loved , of course my heart was broken as this is the first time I ever fall in love , although I am 27 years old
Anyway I've heard that she broke with that guy , but she still loves him somehow , her heart was broken too , I took that chance and sent with a friend telling her my feelings , she didn't say yes or no , but I sent her two e-mails telling her about my feelings , and as I think they were great , God knows that I meant every word in them , the problem is that , her replies didn't satisfy me , and I think that she needs some more time , but even then , I don't know if she is gonna accept my love or not .
I am kindda shy in these matters and not experienced , what do you guys think I should do to make her forget her past love and love me ?
It is a matter of life or death for me .
SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290 4GB Vapor-X OC 1.1GHz/5.2GHz GDDR5
3 BenQ 2420HD 1080p 24" Widescreen LCD in Eyefinity
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD + 30.0TB of HDDs
Sound Blaster Z -Cambridge SoundWorks DTT 3500 Digital
Seasonic X-850
2xBenq 1640 - LiteOn iHAS120-Pioneer 111L - Samsung 203B - NEC Optiarc AD-7200S DVD+/-RW burners
NZXT Phantom Red Edition
minaelromany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 04:30 AM   #2
Skynet
Banned

Skynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppersSkynet has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Default Re: How to make a girl love you ?

You need to make friends with her first. You can't expect her to just love you back for no other reason than because you are in love with her. Talk to her, do things together, get to know her!

Give her the security and peace of knowing you are around and that you care, and will be there for her. There is no better way to win a girl.
Skynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 04:34 AM   #3
Mr_Skinny
Meh

Mr_Skinny is still being judged by the masses

You can't make someone love you. Just be yourself and she'll either love you, or not.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 2, 2004, 05:23 AM   #4
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

bounty_hunter is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
You need to make friends with her first. You can't expect her to just love you back for no other reason than because you are in love with her. Talk to her, do things together, get to know her!

Give her the security and peace of knowing you are around and that you care, and will be there for her. There is no better way to win a girl.

Man i just watched big fish and I wish it happened the way it did in that movie.

I hate life, i wish my life was more like a movie

system sepcs: Ultra X-Finity 500W ATX PS w/2 80mm Fans-Athlon-64 3400+ - GigaByte K8NS nForce-3 250 Chipset- ATI Radeon X800-Pro 256MB-Western Digital 200 GB 7200 RPM-dvd 16x-sony dvd rw dw-d22a
once in the 70's i tried boy scout cookies, they tasted weird and confusing. -logen
bounty_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 05:31 AM   #5
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Umm, how about some personal contact first? Like go talk to her, invite her out, stuff like that? I mean, sorry if i sound blunt or anything, but how do you expect to approach a girl when a) you send someone else to do the talking b) you continue NOT talking to her in person by sending emails?

If you are really in love with her, trust me; go talk to her. That's what she would want; you are not making a very good impression by "avoiding" her. Simple as that. Even if she turns you down (which i sincerely NOT hope so), you will know that you tried and you will have a piece of mind. Living with a big "what if" in your head is not the best of things, especially since you fall in love for the first time.
Old Jul 2, 2004, 05:31 AM   #6
ReDeeMeR_RR
Crysis ftw

ReDeeMeR_RR is still being judged by the masses

lol it was an interesting movie indeed.
Old Jul 2, 2004, 06:12 AM   #7
Caleb
Radeon Arctic Islands

Caleb is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDeeMeR_RR
lol it was an interesting movie indeed.
LOL Your avatar is suspiciously accurately in sync with the music I am listening to ATM. Rammstein - Spiel mit mir.

On topic:

Your chances are much better if you talk to her in person. The phone, SMS messages, IM and e-mail are womens territories. They know exactly what to write or say to make you wonder, and to be vague enough for you never to get any closer to the truth. In person however it is much easier to get a feel of the situation between you. Just keep your eyes and ears open when you talk to her. :P
Caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 06:43 AM   #8
Lunar Aura
Banned

Lunar Aura is still being judged by the masses

Write her a poem. Chicks dig that.
Lunar Aura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 06:59 AM   #9
highpingdrifter
Radeon Northern Islands

highpingdrifter is still being judged by the masses

never get a girl/lady on the rebound, it will end in tears .
first you need to be her friend, and i dont mean hitting on her, let her know you care and let her know you will be there for her and stop the e-mail crap and go make contact and finally no it is not a matter of life or death.
just for that statement if i could i would give you a kick in the asp.

PS she will never forget past loves, people dont just turn off, i think you need to deal with the fact that she loved someone else before you get yourself involved.
2Gb Geil PC6400
samsung 226BW 22" widescreen
zalman cnps9500at
on board audio
Maxtor 250Gb sata
samsund dvd-rw light scribe
enermax liberty 500W
highpingdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 07:17 AM   #10
patNsponge
Radeon R420

patNsponge is still being judged by the masses

i agree, while hiding behind an email is easier, you have to talk to her first. Email shouldn't be used for first contact.
patNsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 07:18 AM   #11
fjrp

fjrp is still being judged by the masses

Like everybody said, talk to her, be her friend, but most important, just be yourself. Oh and when you do get to talk to her, don't mention the other guy, she might end up thinking about him instead of you. Good luck!
fjrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 07:24 AM   #12
BigPapa
Radeon Evergreen

BigPapa is still being judged by the masses

Just walk up to her or call her on the phone and say :

y helo thar buttsekz? LOLOL

That gets to the chicks every time

Also, on a more serious note, don't insist too much on the "madly in love with her" part. She might get scared because even if she likes you she'll think her feelings don't match yours, and she'll be afraid that once she accepts to see you, there'll be no way out because you're so all over her. Just act as if you like her a fair deal, but nothing more.
BigPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 07:25 AM   #13
ScretHate
BAN ME

ScretHate is still being judged by the masses

Girl's are attracted to men. Be a man: be strong, confident, and proud. Hiding away shyly will you get you nowhere and nothing but shame and anger. And most importantly, do NOT be her friend. Make her know from the start your intentions to become her mate.
ScretHate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 08:03 AM   #14
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

Dont care, dont call her a lot, dont send her messages, make it look like she never existed, yeah i know its hard but ive gone through this a lot where I cared too much and sent letters and stuff and it almost always went bad, but once i started not to care the ball was on my side. Im not saying to be a total jerk, just dont be weak, half the time be nice and the other half dont be. Never, I repeat NEVER give her the advantage, dont be too nice to her. If shes not interested, f it, its not worth your time.

Last edited by Tork64 : Jul 2, 2004 at 08:34 AM.
Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 08:07 AM   #15
ReDeeMeR_RR
Crysis ftw

ReDeeMeR_RR is still being judged by the masses

I liek how you called that a small problem, hell if I was really in love with someone and she wasnt aware that'd be full blow apocalypse for me.
Old Jul 2, 2004, 08:08 AM   #16
Shorty
Radeon Evergreen

Shorty is still being judged by the masses

from what you have just told me, it sounds like you should turn yourself into the policem, :ahem: stalker
MOTHERBOARD: EPoX 8KDA3+ · CPU: AMD 64 3000+ · HSF: Swiftech MCX6400-V with Vantec Stealth 80mm Fan· RAM:1GB (2x512MB) Crucial Ballistix PC4000 2.5-4-4-8 · HARD DRIVE: 2 x 120GB Samsung SpinPoint 8mb cache in RAID 0 Array, Western Digital Raptor 36.7GB · RAID CONTROLLER: Highpoint RocketRaid 133 · SOUND CARD: Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS & HDA Digital X-Mystique 7.1 Gold · VPU: Leadtek gForce 6800GT · DVD-RW Drive: Pioneer DVR 105 · CD-RW Drive: LiteOn 52X · PSU: Antec TruePower 480W · CASE: Antec Super Lanboy · MONITOR: Samsung 710T Silver · SPEAKERS: Logitech Z-5500 · MOUSE: Logitch MX900 · KEYBOARD: Logitch DiNovo · ROUTER: Netgear DG834G · HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD 500 Fusion · External HDD: Western Digital Caviar 40GB in ICY BOX HDD Enclosure · PRINTER: Epson Stylus C84 Photo Edition · OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows XP Pro & Fedora Core 2 · DIRECTX VERSION: DirectX 9 ·
[email protected]
Shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 08:41 AM   #17
movieman
Radeon Northern Islands

movieman is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
ive gone through this a lot where I cared too much and sent letters and stuff and it almost always went bad, but once i started not to care the ball was on my side.
Sad, but true: in my experience women are always more interested in guys who aren't devoted to them, and lose interest if you are. If they think they might lose you, they work a lot harder to keep you... that's probably why I've had the same girlfriend for five years now .
movieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 09:03 AM   #18
pink_pants

pink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channel

How can you love her when you barely know her??
pink_pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 09:06 AM   #19
ATMArage
Revulva

ATMArage is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Skinny
You can't make someone love you. Just be yourself and she'll either love you, or not.
Bingo.

"Ergo, buttplug = gay"
~Missus
ATMArage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 09:10 AM   #20
Stingray
Banned

Stingray is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMArage
Bingo.
Seconded bingo.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 09:11 AM   #21
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

gather up sum balls and talk to her and get to know her better and become friends n such
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 09:18 AM   #22
Ady
Radeon Southern Islands

Ady is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray
Seconded bingo.

Tringo.

Be yourself, you can't make her do anything, even if you could you really wouldn't want it that way in the long run.
Ady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 09:27 AM   #23
pink_pants

pink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channel

You guys are all crazy. Speaking from a female perspective, if some guy I didn't even really know started sending me emails telling me he was in love with me... all of the "being himself" wouldn't help a damn bit because I'd already think he was insane.
Old Jul 2, 2004, 09:45 AM   #24
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_pants
You guys are all crazy. Speaking from a female perspective, if some guy I didn't even really know started sending me emails telling me he was in love with me... all of the "being himself" wouldn't help a damn bit because I'd already think he was insane.
Quoted for truth. As I said, go talk to her, let her know who you are. You are not making a very good impression that way, trust me on this.
Old Jul 2, 2004, 10:16 AM   #25
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Biggest mistake you can do is tell her that you love her in the start...
Then you have like 90% less chance of ever getting her...

Womans minds are a mystery

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 10:24 AM   #26
pink_pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy
Biggest mistake you can do is tell her that you love her in the start...
Then you have like 90% less chance of ever getting her...

Womans minds are a mystery
That isn't much of a mystery. If someone says they love you in the beginning of a relationship or when they barely know anything about you, it is obvious that they don't know what love is. Why get caught up in the drama of dealing with someone who doesn't know what they're feeling?
Old Jul 2, 2004, 10:27 AM   #27
carramrod01
Come get a taste

carramrod01 is still being judged by the masses

Calm down man it's not a matter of life or death. As you said, you barely even know her so how can you love her so much? Plus you can't make her love you. Just be yourself and if she doesn't like you move on.
carramrod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 10:30 AM   #28
TIKtak
Me

TIKtak is still being judged by the masses

once you become her friend, you are gonna have to maintain that friendship by keeping interested in being with you. one way to do that is to talk about stuff that girls like or stuff that she likes. always put attention on her. dont put all the attention on yourself
TIKtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 11:00 AM   #29
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_pants
That isn't much of a mystery. If someone says they love you in the beginning of a relationship or when they barely know anything about you, it is obvious that they don't know what love is. Why get caught up in the drama of dealing with someone who doesn't know what they're feeling?
Say to a guy how much you love him and see what he does
Ill bet he wouldnt shove you off

A woman just says "meh" and then thinks "why should I even bother with this guy he likes me already, no fun"

Ive seen it dozen of times, the minut they start to like a girl to soon, the girl shoves em off. And my friends that dont give a **** about their girl that girls just keeps coming back for more, and when they break up with her, she comes begging and is his slave.

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood

Last edited by badboy : Jul 2, 2004 at 11:05 AM.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2004, 11:03 AM   #30
pink_pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy
Say to a guy how much you love him and see what he does
Ill bet he wouldnt shove you off

I woman just says "meh" and then thinks "why should I even bother with this guy he like me already, no fun"

Ive seen it dozen of times, the minut they start to like a girl to soon, the girl shoves em off. And my friends that dont give a **** about their girl that girls just keeps coming back for more, and when they breaks up she comes begging and is his slave.
I'd say men react much worse than women when "I love you" is brought up too soon.