Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Today, 03:05 PM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The screenshot challenge is nonsense. Most upscaling techniques can hold much better on stills than in motion and DLSS 2.0 is good enough to hold for sure. The screenshots also seem low on transparencies and fine detail (haven't seen all though just this page), even FXAA holds on fat geometry when still.

Not to mention, @Exposed, that it's hard to take your championing of DLSS 2.0 seriously when even with pre 2.0 version, you claimed that it's so good, 90% (or even 90 sth) of native res etc etc. Now, in the Digital Foundry Control DLSS 2.0 video, they show the older DLSS breaking left and right and how the new one is better 1080p to 4k than the old one 2560 to 4k.

Anyway, I have nothing against it existing, just the way it's promoted as a feature. Just like that crap hiding details on edge of the screen etc because you don't look there that much. Soon console games will look like a light LSD trip, morphing and switching and going in and out of focus (some already do), it's all "lower your IQ" options and not features worth to put on a box. NVIDIA 1280x720, NEW FEATURE TO KEEP YOUR 60! DLSS is good now for an upscaling tech but you need native res for a truely pristine image and that's not going to change.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:10 PM   #272
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziklitschli View Post
The screenshot challenge is nonsense. Most upscaling techniques can hold much better on stills than in motion and DLSS 2.0 is good enough to hold for sure. The screenshots also seem low on transparencies and fine detail (haven't seen all though just this page), even FXAA holds on fat geometry when still.
You know what else is nonsense? Coming in here making blanket claims without even taking the time to actually do some research. Because if you had, you'd see there were not one, but three different sources with video showing just how indistinguishable DLSS 2.0 is from native 4k. Not to mention, using zoom magnifications from 200 to 800%. So you didn't have to use my screenshots, the data is out there for itself.

Sorry, but my screenshots are 100% untouched in full 3840x2160. You seem to be making excuses without even looking at them, or looking at them and frustrated you can't tell the difference because you are one of those people that look for reasons to **** on a specific brand feature? It would be very clear which screenshot would be FXAA, in fact I'll include them in my next set of screenshots to show just how foolish your statement was.

Quote:
Not to mention, @Exposed, that it's hard to take your championing of DLSS 2.0 seriously when even with pre 2.0 version, you claimed that it's so good, 90% (or even 90 sth) of native res etc etc. Now, in the Digital Foundry Control DLSS 2.0 video, they show the older DLSS breaking left and right and how the new one is better 1080p to 4k than the old one 2560 to 4k.
I've always said DLSS 1.0 was 90% as good as native 4k in Metro Exodus. This was after their updated DLSS patch. I've never said the same about any other game. Now, you wanna go back and reread those posts (and those screenshots)?

Also, the new Digital Foundry video just proves my point even further (and yours even less). They basically state with DLSS 2.0 Performance mode (1080p upscaled to 4k), there's only minor differences from Native 4k. With 1440p as the base reconstructor, it's damn near indistinguishable, and they have video and screenshots that shows this.

So thanks for bringing that new video up proving my point further. Heck you don;'t even have to take theirs, or my word for it, just take a look at the comments in the PC gaming section of this forum on Control. Others saying it looks as good and even better than native, surely they must have eye issues?

Quote:
Anyway, I have nothing against it existing, just the way it's promoted as a feature. Just like that crap hiding details on edge of the screen etc because you don't look there that much. Soon console games will look like a light LSD trip, morphing and switching and going in and out of focus (some already do), it's all "lower your IQ" options and not features worth to put on a box. NVIDIA 1280x720, NEW FEATURE TO KEEP YOUR 60! DLSS is good now for an upscaling tech but you need native res for a truely pristine image and that's not going to change.
Of course nothing would truly beat native resolution. But what happens when native 4k gives **** performance? You would rather play at 4k 25-30 fps than DLSS 2.0 which would give indistinguishable (and sometimes better) quality at 60 fps?
Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:32 PM   #273
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

DLSS 1.0 was 70% complete and utter garbage at 4k .

it made RT faster and that was it's only use, IQ was crap

i have looked at DSLL 2.0 A bit so far and it is better at 4k but it is not like 100% like 4k .

I will only use DSLL if I can not get a game to run any other way

with the amount of games with RT and the problems with DLSS

my 2080 ti strix is a great 4k card, but nvidia's whole RTX is a fail at 18 months .

Last edited by bill dennison : Today at 04:37 PM.
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Today, 05:28 PM   #274
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Which is why you played Metro Exodus without ray tracing/DLSS at native 4k, right?

Despite what you say Bill, you still find reasons to give money to Nvidia somehow.

Digital Foundry also has their newest video on the recent DLSS 2.0 patch for Control, though it focuses more on the performance mode rather than quality mode.

Last edited by Exposed : Today at 05:35 PM.
Old Today, 05:41 PM   #275
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
You know what else is nonsense? Coming in here making blanket claims without even taking the time to actually do some research. Because if you had, you'd see there were not one, but three different sources with video showing just how indistinguishable DLSS 2.0 is from native 4k. Not to mention, using zoom magnifications from 200 to 800%. So you didn't have to use my screenshots, the data is out there for itself.
That claims were about the challenge itself.

Quote:
Sorry, but my screenshots are 100% untouched in full 3840x2160. You seem to be making excuses without even looking at them, or looking at them and frustrated you can't tell the difference because you are one of those people that look for reasons to **** on a specific brand feature? It would be very clear which screenshot would be FXAA, in fact I'll include them in my next set of screenshots to show just how foolish your statement was.
Another sentence you didn't understand. Calm down, what I meant is that upscale artifacts are visible on some things more than the others and I saw a lot of geometry but little transparencies. Didn't say that your screens are touched at all, said that even fxaa would look good on those pics, read again.

On the other hand, I can bet that you didn't even turn off TAA or variants of it for the screenshots, when it is known to hide upscale artifacts.

Quote:
I've always said DLSS 1.0 was 90% as good as native 4k in Metro Exodus. This was after their updated DLSS patch. I've never said the same about any other game. Now, you wanna go back and reread those posts (and those screenshots)?
Ok then and no, don't care. Still, a pre 2.0 DLSS so not that far off.

Quote:
Also, the new Digital Foundry video just proves my point even further (and yours even less). They basically state with DLSS 2.0 Performance mode (1080p upscaled to 4k), there's only minor differences from Native 4k. With 1440p as the base reconstructor, it's damn near indistinguishable, and they have video and screenshots that shows this.
It's not indistinguishable. I respect Digital Foundry but they tend to go for positivity wherever possible, and are fans of dynamic resolution solutions and push those as a feature, where I consider it total crap. Not to mention, I already said DLSS is good for an upscale, not sure what you're on about.

Quote:
thanks for bringing that new video up proving my point further. Heck you don;'t even have to take theirs, or my word for it, just take a look at the comments in the PC gaming section of this forum on Control. Others saying it looks as good and even better than native, surely they must have eye issues?
My post wasn't as much about DLSS as it was about your challenge.

I don't care for people claiming it looks better than native.

Quote:
Of course nothing would truly beat native resolution. But what happens when native 4k gives **** performance? You would rather play at 4k 25-30 fps than DLSS 2.0 which would give indistinguishable (and sometimes better) quality at 60 fps?
I'd go for worse framerate to play in native res every time, obviously. Don't have any problem with you choosing otherwise, just with all your arrogant yet uninformed pushing of it.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.

Last edited by Ziklitschli : Today at 05:46 PM.
Old Today, 05:59 PM   #276
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
That claims were about the challenge itself.
You said stills don't show upscaling artifacts. In other words, motion artifacts? So what sources do you have that discusses DLSS motion artifacts? Seems to be non existent in the three outside sources previously mentioned who have done video comparisons. Or are you simply drumming up artifact arguments without bothering to check?

Quote:

Another sentence you didn't unerstand. Calm down, what I meant it's that upscale artifacts are visible on some things more than the other and I saw a lot of geometry but little transparencies. Didn't say that your screens are touched at all, said that even fxaa would look good on those pics, read again.
Again, making assumptions without checking? Can you show me a single review from the last 15 years that shows FXAA looking close to it's original native screenshot? Last I checked FXAA is also a blur fest and DLSS 2.0 has shown it does not blur compared to the native image (unlike DLSS 1.0 which did) while retaining it's upscaling algorithm.

Quote:

On the other hand, I can bet that you didn't even turn off TAA or variants of it for the screenshots, when it is known to hide upscale artifacts.
A clear example here of not understanding the technology. You can't turn "on" TAA or any other AA method when DLSS is running. DLSS IS the anti-aliasing method. All of your criticisms so far are based on wrong assumptions.

Quote:

Ok then and no, don't care. Still, a pre 2.0 DLSS so not that far off.
You cared enough to bring it up.

What's funny is that every major tech outlet that has done an overview on DLSS 2.0 are all in agreement, so you can completely ignore everything I state. The dissidence seems to be coming from people who for some reason cannot accept or make a partial judgement for whatever reason (though it's clear why for some people).

You look at this thread and who has provided all the videos, sources, screenshots, etc...? What has the "sour grapes" provided? Blanket statements with nothing to back it up.

Quote:

It's not indistinguishable. I respect Digital Foundry but they tend to go for positivity wherever possible, and are fans of dynamic resolution solutions and push those as a feature, where I consider it total crap. Not to mention, I already said DLSS is good for an upscale, not sure what you're on about.

You were the one that brought them up to show the differences between the "old" DLSS and the "new". You cannot accept their stance on one and disregard the other, the other being DLSS 2.0 quality is nearly indistinguishable and sometimes better than native (which let me say again, was also the finding of other tech sites like Hardware Unboxed). Also, they're fans of dynamic resolutions on consoles. On PC they're really in depth in their overviews and get into technical details most other sites don't. Of course, that means if you use them as a source, better be prepared to accept their findings as a whole, not pick and choose.

Quote:

My post wasn't as much about DLSS as it was about your challenge.

I don't care for people claiming it looks better than native.
In other words, you have a problem accepting that as a reality(or even just a possibility) despite that being the findings from other tech sites.

So you tell me, which one is native and which one is DLSS? Shouldn't be that hard, it's a pixel to pixel comparison. Where are these upscaling artifacts? Please point them out.,

Quote:

I'd go for worse framerate to play in native res every time, obviously. Don't have any problem with you choosing otherwise, just with all your arrogant yet uninformed pushing of it.
Ah, so this a "I hate that you're right" kind of debate? Is that why you can offer nothing of substance? Can you at least provide some form of counter evidence to what has been posted? Artifacts, etc..?

If you own a Turing then you are free to choose to play in whatever settings you want, with or without DLSS/RTX etc...

Last edited by Exposed : Today at 06:18 PM.
Old Today, 06:03 PM   #277
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

If I had any say, I would be promoting Dlss 2.0 strongly. To receive that kind of performance boost for 4k, with impressive fidelity is almost magical and too good to be true. Great feature for flexibility.
Old Today, 06:17 PM   #278
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It also helps raytracing and brings much more value to the Rtx family even the Rtx 2060.
Old Today, 06:24 PM   #279
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
If I had any say, I would be promoting Dlss 2.0 strongly. To receive that kind of performance boost for 4k, with impressive fidelity is almost magical and too good to be true. Great feature for flexibility.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...-zero-analysis

"There are a couple of interesting effects delivered by DLSS. On inner surfaces, textures appear to deliver more detail - sometimes even more than native resolution (and to be fair, sometimes less, though you need extreme magnification side-by-side shots to tell). It's not just a factor of contrast adjustment or sharpening either. On the rock wall ahead of Jesse in the very first playable scene in Control, single pixel detail on reflective elements of the rock wall shine with DLSS when they don't with native rendering. Remember that DLSS is a replacement for the temporal anti-aliasing found in many games - and TAA does tend to add some level of blur that DLSS does not."

It's not magic, it's simply evolution of graphics. Why would anyone hate on this is beyond belief. If you get a massive performance boost while retaining quality, why wouldn't that be a good option to have? Especially when 4k performance is suffering and not everyone can afford a 2080ti? If anything this video shows that RTX 2060 owners can get near 4k image quality with DLSS Performance mode without having to shell out bucks for a more expensive card.
Old Today, 07:37 PM   #280
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Which is why you played Metro Exodus without ray tracing/DLSS at native 4k, right?

Despite what you say Bill, you still find reasons to give money to Nvidia somehow.

Digital Foundry also has their newest video on the recent DLSS 2.0 patch for Control, though it focuses more on the performance mode rather than quality mode.

after playing with it i did turn it off on Metro Exodus when it came out and i played

looking at for it keep getting me killed
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:00 PM   #281
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Quote:

"There are a couple of interesting effects delivered by DLSS. On inner surfaces, textures appear to deliver more detail - sometimes even more than native resolution (and to be fair, sometimes less, though you need extreme magnification side-by-side shots to tell). It's not just a factor of contrast adjustment or sharpening either. On the rock wall ahead of Jesse in the very first playable scene in Control, single pixel detail on reflective elements of the rock wall shine with DLSS when they don't with native rendering. Remember that DLSS is a replacement for the temporal anti-aliasing found in many games - and TAA does tend to add some level of blur that DLSS does not."

It's not magic, it's simply evolution of graphics. Why would anyone hate on this is beyond belief. If you get a massive performance boost while retaining quality, why wouldn't that be a good option to have? Especially when 4k performance is suffering and not everyone can afford a 2080ti? If anything this video shows that RTX 2060 owners can get near 4k image quality with DLSS Performance mode without having to shell out bucks for a more expensive card.
I think Nvidia deserved constructive negative views on earlier iterations of Dlss because there were limitations and artifacts and didn't match their original marketing. Now, it's potentially a game changer if they can get the feature in more content.
Old Today, 08:03 PM   #282
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I played Metro w/o. I thought it looked and performed about the same as 80% resolution scale but it completely broke HDR. When it first released, HDR with DLSS gave odd color and later they just made it so you got the same image with and w/o HDR set to on if you had DLSS enabled.

The only game I have played with DLSS 2.0 is youngblood and I wound up leaving it on before I even knew about 2.0 because I thought it somehow looked better than native.

Pre 2.0 it really was not worth using in any game.
jimjobob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:20 PM   #283
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

And i didn't think your challenge was nonsense, but welcomed, Exposed. To judge fidelity, to me, is all about dynamics and movement primarily, but static images help as well.
Old Today, 08:26 PM   #284
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed
You said stills don't show upscaling artifacts. In other words, motion artifacts? So what sources do you have that discusses DLSS motion artifacts? Seems to be non existent in the three outside sources previously mentioned who have done video comparisons. Or are you simply drumming up artifact arguments without bothering to check?
I said stills can hold much better. Not only you play catching words, you're also bad at it.

Quote:
Again, making assumptions without checking? Can you show me a single review from the last 15 years that shows FXAA looking close to it's original native screenshot? Last I checked FXAA is also a blur fest and DLSS 2.0 has shown it does not blur compared to the native image (unlike DLSS 1.0 which did) while retaining it's upscaling algorithm.
I don't even know what you're answering here.

Quote:
A clear example here of not understanding the technology. You can't turn "on" TAA or any other AA method when DLSS is running. DLSS IS the anti-aliasing method. All of your criticisms so far are based on wrong assumptions.
I just didn't know you can't have both on because I don't use it. Is that so btw? Sound stupid, you can mix everything else.

Quote:
You cared enough to bring it up.

What's funny is that every major tech outlet that has done an overview on DLSS 2.0 are all in agreement, so you can completely ignore everything I state. The dissidence seems to be coming from people who for some reason cannot accept or make a partial judgement for whatever reason (though it's clear why for some people).

You look at this thread and who has provided all the videos, sources, screenshots, etc...? What has the "sour grapes" provided? Blanket statements with nothing to back it up.
Just noone cares as much as you.

My dissidence comes from logic. You'll see how great 3.0 will be, fixing all the flaws of 2.0.

And yes I don't care. Just posted what I think about IQ challenges with forum screenshots. That with you every DLSS is unrecognisable from native in real life is just an impression I had of your opinion, posted it, you explained, much shorter and ridiculous to expect me to actually research that.

Quote:
You were the one that brought them up to show the differences between the "old" DLSS and the "new". You cannot accept their stance on one and disregard the other
Really? How old are you?

Quote:
the other being DLSS 2.0 quality is nearly indistinguishable and sometimes better than native (which let me say again, was also the finding of other tech sites like Hardware Unboxed). Also, they're fans of dynamic resolutions on consoles. On PC they're really in depth in their overviews and get into technical details most other sites don't. Of course, that means if you use them as a source, better be prepared to accept their findings as a whole, not pick and choose.
No they were blabbering about how PC needs dynamic resolution in multiple videos. I like them and their technical analysis but disagree on some points ( imagine that).

Quote:
In other words, you have a problem accepting that as a reality(or even just a possibility) despite that being the findings from other tech sites.
Ok, you're right, upscaling from 1080p is better than 4k. Ridiculous, isn't it.

The fun fact is that if you read that article you quote, it's full of mentions of artifacts "reduced to a minimum", leftover halo effects sth and some things that supposedly better than 4k. You seem to read it extremly selectively.

Not to mention, there already are problems visible in their analysis, they just don't focus on them, probably happy with the improvement etc and showcasing their generaly positive attitude (which is ok btw).

Quote:
So you tell me, which one is native and which one is DLSS? Shouldn't be that hard, it's a pixel to pixel comparison. Where are these upscaling artifacts? Please point them out.,

Ah, so this a "I hate that you're right" kind of debate? Is that why you can offer nothing of substance? Can you at least provide some form of counter evidence to what has been posted? Artifacts, etc..?
No I don't care nearly enough about DLSS to waste time on proving anything, wasted enough on this ping pong quote match already. Why would I partake in a challenge I consider worthless, would kind of defeat the point of posting about it in 1st place, wouldn't it.

Btw one reason to hate it is the day when it's just implemented without choice, because "people can't see a difference", "just as good as native etc.

Garth Merenghi quotes

Old Today, 09:00 PM   #285
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

It's a nice to have really, although its incredibly limited as is. If it could work pan across everything, then it would be a must have and exciting feature. As is it will likely fade away as RT acceleration gets faster.

DLSS 2.0 sure does look pretty great though. to nVidia providing a solution to make RT more usable right now.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:23 PM   #286
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I have to agree with Z-man in that it doesn't handle motion well (shimmering). Also, as I've complained about all along is a halo/sharpening artifact around everything that I can't stand. Digital Foundry discussed both of these negatives in their latest vid.
Old Today, 09:31 PM   #287
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
I said stills can hold much better. Not only you play catching words, you're also bad at it.
Enough with the frivolous 1 line empty statements. Show me where in the screenshots where you see upscaling artifacts. Or reference any video where DLSS motion artifacting is seen.

Quote:
I don't even know what you're answering here.
Enough with the frivolous 1 line empty statements. Show me where in the screenshots where you see upscaling artifacts. Or reference any video where DLSS motion artifacting is seen.

Quote:
I just didn't know you can't have both on because I don't use it. Is that so btw? Sound stupid, you can mix everything else.

You jumped to an invalid conclusion based on invalid logic. That sort of defines your entire argument here. You're essentially downplaying DLSS 2.0 without even understanding what it is, and refuse to acknowledge it's actually worked as originally intended.

Quote:

Just noone cares as much as you.

Quote:
My dissidence comes from logic. You'll see how great 3.0 will be, fixing all the flaws of 2.0.
Your logic is lacking evidence here. Show me where in the screenshots where you see upscaling artifacts. Or reference any video where DLSS motion artifacting is seen.

Quote:
And yes I don't care. Just posted what I think about IQ challenges with forum screenshots. That with you every DLSS is unrecognisable from native in real life is just an impression I had of your opinion, posted it, you explained, much shorter and ridiculous to expect me to actually research that.
Then you must think every review screenshot from every game/GPU/setting since the dawn of PC gaming is also ridiculous. Which means your logic is flawed, and you can't seem to recognize it.

Again, show me where in the screenshots where you see upscaling artifacts. Or reference any video where DLSS motion artifacting is seen.

Quote:
Really? How old are you?

Quote:

No they were blabbering about how PC needs dynamic resolution in multiple videos. I like them and their technical analysis but disagree on some points ( imagine that).
Oh look, moving goal posts, sidestepping, and strawman all in one.

Show me where in the screenshots where you see upscaling artifacts. Or reference any video where DLSS motion artifacting is seen.

Quote:
Ok, you're right, upscaling from 1080p is better than 4k. Ridiculous, isn't it.

Quote:

The fun fact is that if you read that article you quote, it's full of mentions of artifacts "reduced to a minimum", leftover halo effects sth and some things that supposedly better than 4k. You seem to read it extremly selectively.
The fun fact is those artifacts are well known because of the fact they were using DLSS performance mode (1080p). They made the point that despite using 1080p as the base, DLSS provided very good matching results to 4k. those "artifacts" were non existent when using 1440p as the base. You seem to read it extremly selectively.

Quote:
Not to mention, there already are problems visible in their analysis, they just don't focus on them, probably happy with the improvement etc and showcasing their generaly positive attitude (which is ok btw).
They were positive because DLSS 2.0 gave RTX 2060 users a credible option to run 4k DLSS with 1080p upscaling. Nothing more nothing less. Notice how you are strangling the argument down to DLSS performance mode while disregarding DLSS quality mode.

Quote:

No I don't care nearly enough about DLSS to waste time on proving anything, wasted enough on this ping pong quote match already. Why would I partake in a challenge I consider worthless, would kind of defeat the point of posting about it in 1st place, wouldn't it.
You clearly care enough to respond to me line by line. Now again, show me where in the screenshots where you see upscaling artifacts. Or reference any video where DLSS motion artifacting is seen.

Shirley there is something to support your logic?

What's amusing is others here see the tech for what it is. Maybe you should go to the PC gaming section and tell those players running DLSS quality mode (not DLSS performance) and noticing it looks as good as native, even better that obviously they're wrong? While your at it maybe write a letter to Digital Foundry and Hardware Unboxed as well?

Quote:

Btw one reason to hate it is the day when it's just implemented without choice, because "people can't see a difference", "just as good as native etc.
Well this I agree with, I'd rather the option be given. Consoles already suffer through this though with dynamic resolution and checkerboard rendering, both of which will give a noticeable image degradation to maintain framerate.
Old Today, 09:34 PM   #288
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
I have to agree with Z-man in that it doesn't handle motion well (shimmering). Also, as I've complained about all along is a halo/sharpening artifact around everything that I can't stand. Digital Foundry discussed both of these negatives in their latest vid.
There's zero shimmering in the two DLSS 2.0 games I've played (Youngblood and Deliver Us the Moon). Which DLSS 2.0 games are you referring to? Running quality or performance mode?