Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

Old Apr 9, 2002, 06:13 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Perkins

Perkins is still being judged by the masses

Angry Radeon 7500 crash on dxdiag "Direct3D test" with "AGP aceleration" enabled

System: AMD K6-2 400 Mhz.
Mb: ASUS P5A bios 1007
190 Mb. RAM
O.S. Windows ME
ATI RADEON 7500 powered by ATI (OEM)

I have installed the last drivers from AGP board (ALI AGP 1.81. chipset ALi M1541), latest "powered by ATI" drivers from Internet & DirectX. 8.1.
When i run dxdiag, if "AGP texture aceleration", Direct3D test crash and close dxdiag immediatelly. Also, the directx games don´t work properly (Diablo II screen is flickering).

If i disable "AGP texture aceleration", Direct3D works but the games run very slowly.

I have try to change the CMOS settings of the BIOS mothherboars, to reinstall Windows ME, to install W98 SE, to change the AGP options with the ALI utility, to disable the Direc3D options of the ATI´s Control panel..., but it not works.

Why can´t i use the "AGP texture aceleration"?
Is there someone with m. ASUS P5A and Radeon 7500 OEM?
The problem is the motherboard?

Thank you and best regards.
Old Apr 19, 2002, 11:23 AM   #2
Loki_GdD

Loki_GdD is still being judged by the masses

Perkins,

I have GA-5ax (ali5) mainboard and have the same problem.
Ati radeon cards seem to have a problem with the Ali5 chipset. When AGP-texturing is enabled games won't work properly or at all. With AGP-texturing disabled games work, but since many new games use huge textures the memory on the card just isn't enough. If you play at a lower resolution like 800x600 or 640x480 with medium texture settings your games should run fine.
You should report this problem to ATI tech support.

Loki
Old Apr 22, 2002, 03:39 AM   #3
Perkins

Perkins is still being judged by the masses

Unhappy

Hi.
I have reported the problem to ATI (2 weeks ago).
But I am waiting for the answerd....

With the last ATI drivers, and using a "tweak" utility, if i enable "AGP aceleration", the first test of Direct3D works fine (DX7 test), but the second test (DX8 test) fails whit the error: "Failing allocating texture..".

If i found the solution, i´ll post here.

Bye
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad