Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 17, 2011, 07:55 AM   #481
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Loopy
Radeon R420

Loopy is still being judged by the masses

BF3 has jumped to the top of my list. F*** Crysis2, DICE is bringing the PC some love.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 08:27 AM   #482
KingRoLo
Riddin Spinnaz

KingRoLo is still being judged by the masses

I think DICE could make a really good single player campaign if they concentrated on it.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 11:18 AM   #483
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

acidosmosis is still being judged by the masses

Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:06 PM   #484
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Nice vid but I wish they would release some MP footage, but that does look pretty sweet for SP

I hope they dont make it too CoDish with easy 1 or 2 tag kills and keep damages in line with BC2 where it actually takes skill to drop an enemy, a lot of devs dont realise that its much easier to aim with mouse and keyboard compared to their main console platforms so damages need to be nerfed for good gameplay and headshots rewarded.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:14 PM   #485
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I hope they increase the range of knife kills, you should be able to knife people across the map.

And one swipe should kill every member of the opposing team.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:41 PM   #486
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I hope they increase the range of knife kills, you should be able to knife people across the map.

And one swipe should kill every member of the opposing team.
Nice, and random sprays should drop people from a tag to the foot.. oh wait, thats MoH. I do like the knife idea though. It can be a gametype called "hardcore uber leet pro thats not a knife this is a knife" mode
Old Mar 17, 2011, 01:10 PM   #487
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Hope they do some interesting things with BF3. There should be more immersive elements in military shooters like if you get shot and die you jump to another player and move on. The costs being not to reload the previous level (saving would be only when you quit the current gaming session) but losing some veteran performance of the new avatar and overall squad as the squad is getting supplemented with greenhorns everytime someone gets hurt and evaced or killed. Also losing a member of the squad should mean we play short for a time... The score dependent at the end of the game with how few casualties you endured or caused in civvies and brought to the enemy and the goals of the campaign. Giving replay value if you were unable to make some goals. No lost goals should force a reload...

Oh and big maps with no magic barriers. If I wanna go awol I go awol lol. With a chance I either get caught by the enemy tho if I do run or by mp's. Either way resulting in another avatar replacement for the squad. But Id give the awol player still some chance to go underground in a short scripted sequence. Everything designed to keep your mind in the game so to speak.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org

Last edited by pax : Mar 17, 2011 at 01:34 PM.
pax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2011, 07:40 PM   #488
TriGGlety
Banned

TriGGlety is still being judged by the masses

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidosmosis View Post
Wtf they doing with colors these days?

EVERYTHINGS grey. Did the same too MoH.
Its like they used a color pattete of 16 colors and 25million shades of grey.

Sand and grey are boring me now. I wanna see some lush greens/greenery.
I hope this aint a trend.

Last edited by TriGGlety : Mar 17, 2011 at 07:42 PM.
TriGGlety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2011, 09:25 PM   #489
lukilla
Radeon Northern Islands

lukilla is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGGlety View Post

Ea may have some secret dept. (like car companies and others) which determinates trends in fashion-design based on succesful ordinary products and incorporate them into their own... designers-artists just follow the orders.
lukilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:39 AM   #490
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

Quote:

That area of the middle east is pretty much in the desert. It ain't frickin' Far Cry.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 01:06 AM   #491
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
Yup, there was also a little blurb somewhere that the designers enhanced this in BF3. Usually its kind of boring to just sit there and wait for the cover fire to end, so they added this to make it feel more chaotic and drastic. I just hope its not over done. Also, im still skeptical about these game play videos. It just feels off for some reason.
I hope they make it like the suppression fire effect in Red Orchestra. Also, while I agree that multiplayer is what we want to see, I do enjoy seeing Frostbite 2 in action, especially the ANT based animations, which are amazing.

I will never enjoy the mute-protagonist thing, though. It's cute in HL, but anything else, it just seems dumb.
Jet Black is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2011, 03:48 AM   #492
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

Grey is "in". Take a look on the high street, all the clothes are... grey!
Old Mar 18, 2011, 04:20 AM   #493
Maze
Bazinga!

Maze is still being judged by the masses

grey is the new brown...
Old Mar 18, 2011, 09:24 AM   #494
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
I hope they make it like the suppression fire effect in Red Orchestra. Also, while I agree that multiplayer is what we want to see, I do enjoy seeing Frostbite 2 in action, especially the ANT based animations, which are amazing.

I will never enjoy the mute-protagonist thing, though. It's cute in HL, but anything else, it just seems dumb.
EEeeeeeeeeeeeek.. you know what, i messed up. It was the video about Red Orchestra 2 that i got mixed up about.

Im just doubting their videos right now because there were a few videos that showed off BFBC2 which they tried to make it look like real action but it ended up being just a video. Right now im just thinking that they took that type of, marketing/hype examples, to the next level. Thats why im still waiting to see real casual people demoing real game play.

Last edited by **G.I.BRO** : Mar 18, 2011 at 09:27 AM.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2011, 11:02 AM   #495
john2
Radeon Southern Islands

john2 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze View Post
grey is the new brown...
I thought green was the new brown
john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:25 PM   #496
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

I guess I'm with you guys on wanting to see actual people playing the game rather then in-game graphics turned into cutscenes more or less.

Why? Because I'm blown away by the animation. It's incredibly realistic. I want to see at least a minute game play video to see if it's just as nice in actual gameplay.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 01:11 PM   #497
Fat_Daddy_Cool
Poundmaker's Descent

Fat_Daddy_Cool once held a door open for a complete strangerFat_Daddy_Cool once held a door open for a complete strangerFat_Daddy_Cool once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
Nice, and random sprays should drop people from a tag to the foot.. oh wait, thats MoH. I do like the knife idea though. It can be a gametype called "hardcore uber leet pro thats not a knife this is a knife" mode
Call it Dundee fighting
Fat_Daddy_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2011, 01:45 PM   #498
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

What impresses me the most about these videos is the little things in the animation. For instance whenever they would shoulder charge through the door, at the moment of impact their heads would tilt up a bit just like someone's head is likely to do as they drive their weight into a doorway. The little details like that just blew my mind. If they get this game looking even mostly like what it does in the video I'm going to consider it a "win" and go home happy.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2011, 08:37 PM   #499
Kraven
Stafoo!

Kraven is still being judged by the masses

I've had my PC for over 3 years now and I think BF3 will be my reason to upgrade

Yeah some quote goes here...

Kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2011, 08:43 PM   #500
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidosmosis View Post
I guess I'm with you guys on wanting to see actual people playing the game rather then in-game graphics turned into cutscenes more or less.

Why? Because I'm blown away by the animation. It's incredibly realistic. I want to see at least a minute game play video to see if it's just as nice in actual gameplay.
One of the videos out there is a dude actually playing it. All those videos you see with actual game-play, without cuts, are in-engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2011, 03:43 PM   #501
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Multiplayer maps will be "shrunk" for the console versions, way bigger for the PC.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...k-for-consoles

Independent development for the PC ? My head just exploded
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2011, 03:50 PM   #502
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
It was confirmed a long time ago. PC is the lead platform and they will do anything and everything to make the PC version be the best it could possibly be
Scart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2011, 03:51 PM   #503
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

Quote:
Multiplayer maps will be "shrunk" for the console versions, way bigger for the PC.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...k-for-consoles

Of course. Consoles can't handle it. Their "heads" would explode too.

PC can handle about 128 players. They just said it wasn't fun (I agree - it sure as **** wouldn't be).
Old Mar 24, 2011, 03:55 PM   #504
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scart View Post
It was confirmed a long time ago. PC is the lead platform and they will do anything and everything to make the PC version be the best it could possibly be
Yeah, sure, everyone is saying the exact same thing: PC lead, PC specific improvements, blah blah blah, and the game turns out to be the exact same with the 360 version

So, seeing that kind of difference between the consoles and the PC is impressive, imo.

Acidosmosis, I don't know about the 360, but I distinctly recall playing some very nice 64 player matches in Resistance 2, and 256 player matches in Mag, both on the PS3
Not defending the consoles, just saying that it is possible and the simple fact you barely get one or two shooters a year with multiplayer matches accommodating more than 16 players on the PC is pretty ****ing pathetic, imo.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2011, 05:09 PM   #505
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Yeah, sure, everyone is saying the exact same thing: PC lead, PC specific improvements, blah blah blah, and the game turns out to be the exact same with the 360 version
DICE has not failed the PC before, doubtful they will start now. BC2 moved 1.5 million units on the PC within the first week when both consoles combined did not have that amount for months.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 05:14 PM   #506
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

BF2 is a ****ing awesome game. I have faith in Dice for BF3.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2011, 06:37 PM   #507
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post
BF2 is a ****ing awesome game. I have faith in Dice for BF3.
It's a great game. It doesn't deserve the title of "****ing awesome" because of commander, the radar, "INFANTRY SIGHTED INFANTRY SIGHTED", dolphin diving, etc. Get rid of that nonsense and it's a ****ing awesome game.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 10:02 PM   #508
Auric
Bananad

Auric is still being judged by the masses

Yeah, in a way it's more sad that it fell short of awesomeness for such schtuff that seemed so obvious and correctable.

The developer must axe themselves: what is the worst that can come of a given feature?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 07:28 AM   #509
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Old Mar 30, 2011, 10:02 AM   #510
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

I hope my 4870 1 gig and AMD PHII X2 /w unlock quad-core @ stock can handle this BF3.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote