Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old May 23, 2018, 11:44 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Skipping this "mid range" release and waiting for the Ti as usual. I only buy founders/reference now because I'm going to water cool the mofo anyway. Much easier to get a block that way.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2018, 07:11 AM   #122
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvi...in-august.html

Looks like August now for announcement.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2018, 11:48 AM   #123
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvi...in-august.html

Looks like August now for announcement.
27 months or more from 1080 FE to 1180 FE

slower and slower every generation soon it will be 3 years and it used to be 1 year

plus another 7 to 10 months for the Ti
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 31, 2018, 12:01 PM   #124
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Pretty sure this crap ain’t coming out till Q4.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2018, 01:02 PM   #125
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

slower and slower every generation soon it will be 3 years and it used to be 1 year

Well, AMD hasn't exactly put pressure on NV. Vega 64 sort-of matches the 1080 but at 1080 Ti prices. Honestly the only reason for NV to release a new generation of cards is to switch to GDDR6.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2018, 02:07 PM   #126
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
Well, AMD hasn't exactly put pressure on NV. Vega 64 sort-of matches the 1080 but at 1080 Ti prices. Honestly the only reason for NV to release a new generation of cards is to switch to GDDR6.
is

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...ming-displays/

https://www.xtremegaminerd.com/asus-...or-the-pg27uq/

…...
and sooner or latter AMD will put out that RYZEN type MCM GPU

https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd/amd-nav...specifications

Last edited by bill dennison : May 31, 2018 at 02:16 PM.
Old May 31, 2018, 04:03 PM   #127
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

GDDR6 and sounds like they are waiting for 7nm as well.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2018, 02:59 AM   #128
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

Honestly, with the current cost of graphics cards at least it saves us some money...
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2018, 09:25 AM   #129
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

The last time I tried to get a 1080Ti I got ****ed by newegg. Since they're available now at more reasonable prices I might get one just to hold me over, as I seriously don't think we'll see the next gen until the Fall (at the earliest) if they're just going to "talk about it" in August.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2018, 02:40 PM   #130
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Niche product line. 90% of gamers buy crappy little 21" TN panels.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 03:38 PM   #131
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Niche product line. 90% of gamers buy crappy little 21" TN panels.
well i'm the 1 ****ing percent

I never had crappy low resolution 1080p or a TN panel

I went from a little higher resolution 500 pound Sony 21" CRT to 30 inch 1600p to 40 inch 4k/60

had cf from x1950xtx crossfire to fury x crossfire and 680 sli and 980 sli

hell my 1080 ti strix can be said to be a "Niche product " more people buy the 1060's and 1070's or a non ti 1080
Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:39 AM   #132
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I've changed my mind. I'm leaning toward getting an 1180 when they come out. My EVGA 1080 Ti has a bum display port. So, only two out of the three DPs work. Unfortunately I need all three. I had to make do by using the stupid Intel IGP for the last port.

Pisses me off, but it's not worth taking the whole machine out of commission just to RMA the card. If I get an 1180 then I can take the 1080 Ti out and RMA it, and either pass it down to another machine, or re-sell it.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:08 AM   #133
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I will only grab 4 if it mines like a mofo on crack.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:25 AM   #134
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
NVIDIA’s CEO, Jensen Huang, Says Next Generation GeForce Graphics Cards Are Still A Long Way Away
https://wccftech.com/nvidia-ceo-jens...-geforce-gpus/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in58wtVI9sI
Old Jun 11, 2018, 07:08 PM   #135
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Ordered an ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti to hold me over. $829 with free copy of The Crew 2.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 08:25 PM   #136
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Ordered an ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti to hold me over. $829 with free copy of The Crew 2.
I thought you had a 1080 ti ?

…….
it's still 50 bucks more than I paid July last year with Ghost Recon: Wildlands

I've had one in my cart for 2 weeks but can't see the point got one in my 1800x system and one in my 1900x system would be the same

down to one fury x in the 1900x as I gave one to my sister but it will just have to wait in vega 7nm gaming if they do one and it is faster than the ti

and sli is s*it and I would need two water blocks or go with one 1100 buck Poseidon
Old Jun 11, 2018, 09:09 PM   #137
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:

…….

I've had one in my cart for 2 weeks but can't see the point got one in my 1800x system and one in my 1900x system would be the same

down to one fury x in the 1900x as I gave one to my sister but it will just have to wait in vega 7nm gaming if they do one and it is faster than the ti

and sli is s*it and I would need two water blocks or go with one 1100 buck Poseidon
That 1080Ti I tried getting a while back Newegg screwed me on the order.

Since SLI is basically dead I've essentially been gaming at 1440p (on a 65" 4k display) since a single 1080 can't handle 4k effectively for most games. I've been waiting and waiting for something next gen, meanwhile the expected release dates were getting more and more pushed back. Now there might not even be anything new this year, my patience is worn thin. At least now prices have stabilized where I can get a 1080Ti reasonably.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 01:07 AM   #138
KAC
That postcount though...

Dibs on Crew 2?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 08:40 AM   #139
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Dibs on Crew 2?
There you go....

https://free.ubisoft.com/promotions/...ta/27/pc/login
Old Jun 12, 2018, 04:17 PM   #140
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:

…….
For a 1080Ti Strix? Which version?

I paid $809 in December for the 1632MHz clocked version, which is exactly what the cost is right now from Newegg. The OEM clock version is $780, which is your $50 cheaper than the model he bought.

In related news, I'm considering buying another new one at the same $809 to go SLI. Tired of waiting for the used market to have prices that make sense. The vast majority are still selling above $800.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 04:57 PM   #141
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

No point in going SLI. It’s dead
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2018, 05:09 PM   #142
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
For a 1080Ti Strix? Which version?

I paid $809 in December for the 1632MHz clocked version, which is exactly what the cost is right now from Newegg. The OEM clock version is $780, which is your $50 cheaper than the model he bought.

In related news, I'm considering buying another new one at the same $809 to go SLI. Tired of waiting for the used market to have prices that make sense. The vast majority are still selling above $800.
1708MHz

paid 779.99 with the game

Last edited by bill dennison : Jun 12, 2018 at 05:15 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 05:23 PM   #143
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
No point in going SLI. It’s dead
Not for me. Pretty much every game I'm playing and will be playing supports it.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 05:38 PM   #144
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

Got to play with a Titan Xp today at the office. Mid 40's FPS in Superposition 1080p Extreme Well maybe it'll be less sucky at AI research.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:37 PM   #145
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
NVIDIA’s Next-Gen GeForce Rumored To Feature New GPU Clock Algorithm, HDMI 2.1, RTX Tech and More – Product Breifing Allegedely Given To NVIDIA Board Partners

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-next-gen...-support-more/

I think this one is nuts

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/62196...ept/index.html
Old Jun 14, 2018, 01:02 PM   #146
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
That whole article is ridiculous. The cards will never cost that much, and it'll never have that big of a jump in performance. Current 1080ti's struggle to get 60fps at 4k, and they think they may release a card that gets 120-144fps?

Nah, utter nonsense.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 01:49 PM   #147
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
That whole article is ridiculous. The cards will never cost that much, and it'll never have that big of a jump in performance. Current 1080ti's struggle to get 60fps at 4k, and they think they may release a card that gets 120-144fps?

Nah, utter nonsense.
Yep. NV will replace the 1080Ti with the 1180 and keep the same MSRP. Profits will increase due to the die shrink and reduction in memory modules/board complexity. Jacking the MSRP would just scare off OEM partners like Dell and HP.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 03:21 PM   #148
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Yep. NV will replace the 1080Ti with the 1180 and keep the same MSRP. Profits will increase due to the die shrink and reduction in memory modules/board complexity. Jacking the MSRP would just scare off OEM partners like Dell and HP.
the only way that 1499 price is right is if nv is going all out for mining and saying f*ck the needy ass gamers .

oh I can see nv doing it if bitcoin goes back up miners don't need a lot of driver support and they could triple profits or better

and they know by now the NVidia faithful gamers will come back in a year or two after in droves and thank them for it
or some will just pay the high prices

……..

I'm more interested in it having full HDMI 2.1 with VRR and if they kill g sync
Old Jun 14, 2018, 05:05 PM   #149
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Bill you doom and gloom the pricing every single release and every time I tell you “nah it won’t happen” and it doesn’t
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2018, 09:16 PM   #150
KAC
That postcount though...

bill has only one agenda to try and tarnish NVidia reputation on Rage3d and then go ahead and buy NV cards.