Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Apr 2, 2011, 12:29 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sweetz
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henu3duka View Post
Did you change Darksiders - 0x00001201 ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
yes, becuase one of the bits was redundant as pointed out to me by a very knowledgeable person I do not have the game installed to see if the change affects performance.
It was indeed and the performance is MUCH better with 0x00001201.

nVidia has officially made that the AA compatibility value in the game's profile in the 270.51 drivers.
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2011, 03:27 AM   #212
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
It was indeed and the performance is MUCH better with 0x00001201.

nVidia has officially made that the AA compatibility value in the game's profile in the 270.51 drivers.
thx for the confirmation. will edit the OP accordingly.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2011, 05:11 AM   #213
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

NFS: shift II profile without graphical anomalies in night races has been found, and is in the OP now

Its mostly for those unsatisfied with the in game AA as its pretty much supersampling.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 6, 2011, 05:30 PM   #214
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Does anyone try the appearing flags with GTA IV/EFLC? Just checking before I try it myself...

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 09:44 PM   #215
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I don't know if this has been offered, but I just learned something new and get all excited when I do.

Blaire discovered this setting:

http://www.abload.de/img/aabitsnoblurpy85.jpg

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?s...post&p=1220253

And what it does is help curb the Blur with SGSSAA -- nice news for me!

edit: nVidialist is Blaire -- he Pm'd me to share his findings.

Last edited by SIrPauly : Apr 6, 2011 at 09:51 PM.
SIrPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:32 PM   #216
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziklitschli View Post
Does anyone try the appearing flags with GTA IV/EFLC? Just checking before I try it myself...
I would also like to know this, and for shogun2? anyone?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 06:57 AM   #217
GanjaStar
Jalouise

shogun 2 is in the list you lazy bastage

and from what I am aware of no AA flags work for GTA IV series as of yet.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 09:19 AM   #218
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
shogun 2 is in the list you lazy bastage

yeah there is shogun2 but then what? do I need to force it on NVCP? with what mode?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 01:35 PM   #219
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Thanks

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 01:43 PM   #220
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
I don't know if this has been offered, but I just learned something new and get all excited when I do.

edit: nVidialist is Blaire -- he Pm'd me to share his findings.
I'll try it if only I manage to turn off Europa Universalis. Great news.

Garth Merenghi quotes

Old Apr 7, 2011, 06:00 PM   #221
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This is the same Blaire that made the discovery of the SSAA ability on Fermi:

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,7...ames/Practice/
Old Apr 7, 2011, 06:21 PM   #222
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Arcania Gothic 4 - 0x000D02C4 (Clive Barker's Jericho)

Looks great with combined modes. 4xS is almost free for my rig.
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2011, 06:57 AM   #223
GanjaStar
Jalouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahncrd View Post

nice! added to OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
yeah there is shogun2 but then what? do I need to force it on NVCP? with what mode?
after adding the compatibility setting you pick whatever AA mode you want in inspector or control panel. your choice. As for the details on which particular AA modes work besides MSAA, you will have to test yourself.

Last edited by GanjaStar : Apr 8, 2011 at 07:00 AM.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 03:06 PM   #224
jackfuste
Radeon R100

jackfuste is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahncrd View Post
Does not work for me. Can I see comparison screenshots?
MLAA looks nice in this game, but supersampling should be better if it really works.
noAA:

MLAA:
jackfuste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2011, 03:37 PM   #225
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Wasn't Nvidia working on their version of MLAA? It sure makes a difference from what I can see there.
Arioch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2011, 03:45 PM   #226
GanjaStar
Jalouise

Will teat Arcania later today or tommorow to verify Pahncrd's settings.

Edit: not working for me.

Last edited by GanjaStar : Apr 9, 2011 at 05:39 AM.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 02:01 AM   #227
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post

Tried with it UT3 (along with AO - here I reccomend Mirrors edge AO bit instead of a default one) and looks insane. Just registered to nvidia forums (I would never think it will ever happen) to join the petition about full support.

Garth Merenghi quotes

Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:50 PM   #228
becco
Radeon Evergreen

becco is still being judged by the masses

My YouTube
becco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2011, 08:03 AM   #229
Ozilon
Radeon R700

Ozilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird sings

Anyone know the flag for Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines ?
Ozilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2011, 04:31 PM   #230
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Some ut3 000010C1 x4sgssaa pics

Garth Merenghi quotes

Old Apr 18, 2011, 06:02 PM   #231
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

I'll assume the Gothic 3 flag should work with Forgotten Gods?
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2011, 01:11 AM   #232
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Yes, it will. I wonder what the reason for using the listed AA flag for Gothic is? 0x0000F0C1 works for it and is listed as the default AA bits for Gothic 3/Forsaken Gods when I look at the game profile with Inspector - that is what I have been using for both games.
Arioch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2011, 05:00 AM   #233
jackfuste
Radeon R100

jackfuste is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Gothic III Forsaken Gods:
0x200030C1 (Quality)
0x20001041 (Performance)
0x200010C1 (For SGSSAA, but blurry when DOF active.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozilon View Post
Anyone know the flag for Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines ?
This game does not need any antialiasing compatibility bits. If AA does not work just alt-tab game, then AA should work.
jackfuste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2011, 11:25 AM   #234
becco
Radeon Evergreen

becco is still being judged by the masses

Guys, how did you determine the correct flag for each game? Amazing image quality with SGSSAA and AA Bit I'd love to play.

My YouTube
becco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2011, 02:29 PM   #235
Ozilon
Radeon R700

Ozilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfuste View Post
This game does not need any antialiasing compatibility bits. If AA does not work just alt-tab game, then AA should work.
Still doesn't work for me, when the game loads to the main menu (console texts are blurred at this moment), my monitor goes into a power saving mode = failed somehow. By waiting ~5minutes in this state, monitor wakes up and shows a bluescreen.
Ozilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2011, 03:53 PM   #236
Henu3duka

Henu3duka is still being judged by the masses

There is any "AA compability" for Portal 2 or not required? as all "Source"?

Last edited by Henu3duka : Apr 23, 2011 at 04:00 PM.
Henu3duka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2011, 04:57 PM   #237
Sweetz
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henu3duka View Post
There is any "AA compability" for Portal 2 or not required? as all "Source"?
There's an in-game AA setting as with all Source games. No compatibility setting required
Old Apr 26, 2011, 03:58 AM   #238
GanjaStar
Jalouise

updated the guide a bit with latest info.

Found a sort of blur AA setting for Arcania. Not perfect, but I guess someone might find use for it.

0x00002044

pics 4xMSAA vs no AA

Old Apr 27, 2011, 06:57 PM   #239
Sweetz
Radeon Arctic Islands

Anyone have a bead on AA with GTA4?

There's actually a compatibility value for it in the current nVidia drivers [edit: no there isn't], but oddly enough the AA behavior flag is locked to "enhance" only despite the fact that there's no in-game AA setting.

I got rid of the lockout with Inspector, but then AA still wasn't working despite the compatibility value.

Not sure why nVidia would have an AA compatibility value (functional or not) in the profile if they didn't allow you to turn on AA. Maybe it was something they were trying out but never got working.

---edit---

Ugh, I wasn't paying close attention and I was actually looking at SLI compatibility setting not the AA compatibility setting. GTA4 does not have an AA compatibility value. Although now this begs the question on whether there's one that works. I don't have the patience to try out different flags - especially given the game's burdensome startup process.

Last edited by Sweetz : Apr 27, 2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old May 7, 2011, 03:46 AM   #240
hozes

hozes is still being judged by the masses

hi folks.
my pc specs are;
[email protected]
evga [email protected]
4gb cl7 ddr3 1333mhz
win7 64bit
toshiba 26' av605-1366*768
i have been playing RBR, GTR2, rFactor mostly on my computer..i have used downsampling via nvidia display settings.i set the display 2560*1440 downsampled to 1280*720.
in nvidia settings, i choose 4xs aa, 4x supersgrip sampling, 16x af, high quality and clamp setting...
then i see nfs shift2 nvidia topic on here..."antialiasing compability bit" 0x000010c1
i buy shift yesterday..again, in game menu, i choose 2560-1440, everthing high posible except vsync and motion blur to off..in nvidia inspector, 1x2 sampling, 4x supersgrid sampling, high quality, clamp and 0x000010c1 bit...i have mostly above 60fps even i was racing against ai..
then i changed the resolution to 1280*720 but increased the aa to 12xs...it seem slightly worse but the performance is better, i am above 60fps all time...
then i tried gtr2 and rfactor with 1280*720 with 16xs aa...this time its seem better and vsync on always 60fps...
so, which one will be better, downsampling with less aa, or normal resolution with higher aa..

and aa bits for gmotor2 games???
hozes is offline   Reply With Quote