Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:02 AM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by thales100 View Post
DS1 aa flag naturally applies to DS2, great game btw, looks better than the first.
Thx for the confirmation thales100! will add i to the OP.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:49 AM   #122
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Those listed variable's for ds2 don't seem to work for me in inspector. would someone mind posting a screen of their inspector settings for this game? thanks .
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:56 AM   #123
thales100

thales100 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Those listed variable's for ds2 don't seem to work for me in inspector. would someone mind posting a screen of their inspector settings for this game? thanks .
Well im at work now but its the same i used for DS1, same aa flag 0x004030C0
, plus Antialiasing Behavior Flags - None and Antialiasing Mode - Override any application setting .
Edit: Like this :

Last edited by thales100 : Jan 26, 2011 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Add pic
thales100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 26, 2011, 12:12 PM   #124
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Edit: Like this :
Thanks; hmm, everything seems to be in order. I'll take another look. Thanks again
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2011, 12:28 PM   #125
Boogy

Boogy is still being judged by the masses

Dead Space 2 AA flag 0x004030C0 disables Dynamic Shadows in the game!

So I did everything like on the screen above and everything looks great exept the shadows... it's simply no shadows after this operation. I'm talking about dynamic shadows here so it can be not so noticable when your are playing but if you comparer you can see - it's a totaly different experience.

As far as I remember shadows+AA were working in DS1
Boogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2011, 12:33 PM   #126
thales100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogy View Post
it's simply no shadows after this operation.
Mmm are you sure ? Have you set Shadows to "Very High" quality in the game menu ? Ill check and post some screenshots later.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 12:43 PM   #127
Boogy

Yes. I've tried it a lot of times at different game stages. Played with different settings in Inspector. No use. Forcing AA disables shadows.

Have some confirmations on other sites:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=459
Old Jan 26, 2011, 12:56 PM   #128
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Yes. I've tried it a lot of times at different game stages. Played with different settings in Inspector. No use. Forcing AA disables shadows.

Good catch and welcome to Rage!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2011, 01:19 PM   #129
thales100

Quote:

K, i did some tests, i can have forced AA + shadows if i set shadows quality, in the game menu, to "normal", anything above that ("high" or "very high") will disable it.
So currently i may choose from:

1- Play with jaggies and high quality shadows.

2- Play with forced AA and "normal" shadows, what means low quality ones.

Running 3 x GTX 480 here.

Normal Q Shadows + Forced AA

High Q Shadows + Forced AA

Last edited by thales100 : Jan 26, 2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 01:34 PM   #130
Boogy

thales100
It's realy helpful info! Thank You!
Though wondering why it's working this way. Shadows set to Norlmal look ok but they look much better on a higher settings.

acroig
Thank You!

Last edited by Boogy : Jan 26, 2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 01:51 PM   #131
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

well that just sucks, I was looking forward to playing this game after work today with AA, but it looks like it's going to have to be no AA and all settings maxed, 2560x1600. Did anyone try different flags to see if AA works with very high/dynamic shadows?
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2011, 01:54 PM   #132
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Is this the time when some smart ass brings up MLAA for AMD?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2011, 04:42 PM   #133
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

will make note of the shadows limitation in the OP. Thales, have you tried any other AA settings to get around the shadow dissapearing?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 04:52 PM   #134
thales100

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
will make note of the shadows limitation in the OP. Thales, have you tried any other AA settings to get around the shadow dissapearing?
Yes, but ill keep trying, any updates i post back.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 07:06 PM   #135
spyre
ATI Beta Tester

spyre is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
but the engine in halo 2 is very similar, and yet there's in game AA.

Any info on as to why?
For DX9 you have to render each render target and depth resolve separately if you want AA. Halo 1 didn't do that and Halo 2 does is my understanding of the situation.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 01:48 AM   #136
GanjaStar
Jalouise

don't know if this is old news, but it looks like nv is working on something to combat MLAA.

Subpixel Reconstruction Antialiasing (SRAA) combines single-pixel (1x) shading with subpixel visibility to create antialiased images without increasing the shading cost. SRAA targets deferred-shading renderers, which cannot use multisample antialiasing. SRAA operates as a post-process on a rendered image with superresolution depth and normal buffers, so it can be incorporated into an existing renderer without modifying the shaders. In this way SRAA resembles Morphological Antialiasing (MLAA), but the new algorithm can better respect geometric boundaries and has fixed runtime independent of scene and image complexity. SRAA benefits shading-bound applications. For example, our implementation evaluates SRAA in 1.8 ms (1280x720) to yield antialiasing quality comparable to 4-16x shading. Thus SRAA would produce a net speedup over supersampling for applications that spend 1 ms or more on shading; for comparison, most modern games spend 5-10 ms shading. We also describe simplifications that increase performance by reducing quality.

http://research.nvidia.com/publicati...n-antialiasing
Old Jan 28, 2011, 07:32 AM   #137
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Nice Find! It is so neat to find new data!
Old Jan 28, 2011, 07:36 AM   #138
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Nvidia is definately on the roll

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2011, 08:10 AM   #139
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I just hope they'll roll out this feature for the current gen of video cards, and not for the next generation, whenever that will be.
Also, some of the names they come up with for some of the AA methods are outstanding
Morphological AA ? Subpixel reconstruction ?.
Awesome
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2011, 08:11 AM   #140
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Ofc I wasted all my work hours from past two days testing my new gtx 570.

That flag

Gothic III (with HDR) - 0x00001041

works great with Stalker SoC, could serve as a performance flag as it almost doubled my fps with the same settings. I went from barely playable 4xmsaa + 2xtrssaa to completly playable 8xmsaa + 4xtrsaa. MSAA quality is little worse than default flag, foliage definately gets a proper treatment though. Have a lot comparision screenshots but forgot to put in on pendrive

It also works with dx9 Call of Pripyat, looks times better than ingame AA and seems to be faster as well. Sadly wet surfaces are not present in dx 9 and the AA flag from DX10 Clear Sky doesn't work for me Does anyone know the proper flag?

Trying to find properly performing AvP flag atm. SGSSAA x2 is working fine and smooths the sharky edges but the blur is too much. Lot of other flags work with less blur but are heavy on GPU as far as I tested.

btw with the card I have all the performance I need and all the features I need. With that SoC flag my search for sufficient card has ended. I could use 1.5GB from gtx 480 to fight stutters with CoP but that's the only little nitpick that comes to my head atm.

IQ after applying the features is incredible, AMD looked slightly better for me at app preference but who cares - I've never seen gfx like with 570 on any of my PCs. This card is PC gaming at its best.

btw after Dead Space flag the gtx 4/5 cards are complete, would say that even without those SRAA thing. GtA 4 you can force SSAA with enbseries. Don't care for Halo that much but now SRAA will work for it.

Now the only matter is I have to f**king work (and I mean non stop) on the same PC that has all my games I stopped myself playing ready to play now. I will become a f**king fakir if I withstand this.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.

Last edited by Ziklitschli : Jan 28, 2011 at 08:27 AM.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 08:14 AM   #141
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
I just hope they'll roll out this feature for the current gen of video cards, and not for the next generation, whenever that will be.
Also, some of the names they come up with for some of the AA methods are outstanding
Morphological AA ? Subpixel reconstruction ?.
Awesome
It sounds like AA has to go through a Star Gate from SG-1 to have some quality on tougher titles!
Old Jan 28, 2011, 09:18 AM   #142
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Hopefully, that feature will be soon or a bit down-the-road. For me, not about replacing traditional methods but sure would be nice for the titles that have trouble with AA and would be very welcomed, indeed!
Old Jan 28, 2011, 09:50 AM   #143
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Cryostasis should benefit a lot from SRAA. The ingame AA was somehow lame.

Garth Merenghi quotes

Old Jan 29, 2011, 12:28 PM   #144
Warpedkevin
Old School!

Warpedkevin is still being judged by the masses

I can't seem to see a compatibilty tab... :S Even when I run as administrator?
Old Jan 29, 2011, 01:35 PM   #145
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Does anyone know of a working flag for Divinity 2 ?
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2011, 05:04 PM   #146
GanjaStar
Jalouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
Does anyone know of a working flag for Divinity 2 ?
the one for stalker.

and Kevin, you probably didnt extraxct all the files in the same folder. you need the xml file as well, not jsut the exe.

Last edited by GanjaStar : Jan 29, 2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:07 PM   #147
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

This flag

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (DX9) - 0x004030C1

appears to force MSAA and transparency MSAA (probably transparency supersampling as well) to AvP dx9. It is playable on gtx 570 with x4 TMSSAA and x2 gives constant 60 fps.

x4 TMSAA looks better than dx 11 ingame AA option imo as the latter seem to leave more edges aliased. I have to make more comparisions though.

Garth Merenghi quotes

Last edited by Ziklitschli : Jan 29, 2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:31 PM   #148
Warpedkevin
Old School!

Warpedkevin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
the one for stalker.

and Kevin, you probably didnt extraxct all the files in the same folder. you need the xml file as well, not jsut the exe.
I thought I might need that, I'd already deleted it tho. Ah well, I'll re-download it. Thanks for the heads up
Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:55 AM   #149
GanjaStar
Jalouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziklitschli View Post
This flag

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (DX9) - 0x004030C1

appears to force MSAA and transparency MSAA (probably transparency supersampling as well) to AvP dx9. It is playable on gtx 570 with x4 TMSSAA and x2 gives constant 60 fps.

x4 TMSAA looks better than dx 11 ingame AA option imo as the latter seem to leave more edges aliased. I have to make more comparisions though.
will add it to the OP, thx i might even replay some alien head munching goodness with AA on.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 06:49 AM   #150
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Quote:
will add it to the OP, thx i might even replay some alien head munching goodness with AA on.
Did some screenshots and transparency multisampling doesn't work. For transparencies you have to use transparency supersampling which definately works. Will post comparision pics later.

4xMSAA and 2xMSAA + 2xtrSSAA are playable for me. x4ms + x2trs is below 30 fps, shame as it would be enough for AvP to look perfect for me. trSSAA is preferable as there are lot transparencies to take care of.

MSAA only

MSAA with transparency enabled

TrSSAA x2

TrSSAA x4

Garth Merenghi quotes

Last edited by Ziklitschli : Jan 31, 2011 at 03:37 AM.