Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:06 AM   #2161
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSViper View Post
I really want to like this game, It has so much promise. The bugs and issues ruin it for me at this point. If dice had a better rep about fixing things I'd be ok with it being beta and trust that they'll fix the issues. They might fix some by release, but if the past is any indication with them, the October 25 release will look very similar to the beta. I can promise you at this point I won't be buying it on release day, I'm going to give it at least a couple of weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
It is a beta and I read earlier that DICE have stated that the testing phase has now finished and they have what they consider a complete bug list and are now working on it.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:38 AM   #2162
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Would this even be worth getting with my rig? Would lowest settings at 1080p be unreasonable to get solid fps?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:38 PM   #2163
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstew View Post
Would this even be worth getting with my rig? Would lowest settings at 1080p be unreasonable to get solid fps?
You should try it now as its available, but i doubt you get solid fps on even 640x480 at lowest possible.
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:58 PM   #2164
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Well I tried it...

-On lowest settings it looks worse than BF2 and runs worse than Crysis
-No cover system feels terrible after the superior Red Orchestra 2
-Can't change settings when dead or out of server... worst decision ever.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 01:23 PM   #2165
pradvan
Sla

pradvan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
so hiding behind ANYTHING doesn't work?
pradvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 01:34 PM   #2166
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradvan View Post
so hiding behind ANYTHING doesn't work?
There has been a handful of times I've been shot through walls or rocks I'm crouched behind. But I usually figure it's lag.
Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 01:42 PM   #2167
spyre
ATI Beta Tester

spyre is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
game uses a **** ton of vram. I saw mine go up to 1970mb at one point. Which is odd since my cards are 1gb and I didn't think they combined vram in crossfire.

The texture tearing is incredibly bad too. I don't know if my cards are to blame or not. The #1 card gets up to about 91-92c and the second card up around 65-70c. I have other games that will stress it just as much with no issues...

Putting a box fan on my PC brings the card temp down to the 75c range and the texture tearing still persists.

The broken hud is a real problem too. Kinda hard to play the game when I can only see like 1/8th of the minimap, and only know how much ammo I have in tens.

Needs some serious UI scaling or an option.

Also... what is this **** with flashlights? scopes? Someone looks in your direction with a scoped weapon and it's going to glare, every single time? even in the dark?
Flashlights aren't that bright outside either.
User error, the MSI Afterburner app doubles the Video RAM usage in Crossfire so you need to halve the value.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 01:44 PM   #2168
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

They need to make the other team look a bit more different... we kept shooting each other just to be sure...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 01:46 PM   #2169
spyre
ATI Beta Tester

spyre is still being judged by the masses

Yeah I had quite a few people from my own team shooting me even though its the same as RO2 the enemy don't have names above their heads and it wasn't like I was sneaking up on them and surprising them 9 times out of 10.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 01:51 PM   #2170
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Crouch and prone is all the cover system you need.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 01:53 PM   #2171
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

lol yer cover system? I disabled the key bind in RO2 so I dont accidentally press it..
Old Sep 30, 2011, 01:55 PM   #2172
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Pussy

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 02:30 PM   #2173
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Looks like they have shutdown the caspian border servers. testing complete.

Quote:
It´s been 3 days full of win!
Thank you everyone who participated in testing Caspian Border with us during the Open Beta. We of course cherish and appreciate the time you have put into supplying is with good feedback. We will of course read it through and discuss it internally.

Testing has now been completed and we are shutting down the Caspian Border servers.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 02:35 PM   #2174
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

well crap
Old Sep 30, 2011, 02:38 PM   #2175
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

I got in one attempt at playing Caspian and it was too laggy to get anything done except watch a cobra gunship lurch backwards through the air above me. On the plus side I couldn't die, on the minus side I couldn't kill anyone either and running was an exercise in futility.

On an unrelated note I kept getting killed by a guy named TrunkzJr or something.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 02:39 PM   #2176
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
There has been a handful of times I've been shot through walls or rocks I'm crouched behind. But I usually figure it's lag.
or it is working as intended since nearly ALL high powered guns can shoot thru walls and rocks (depending on the size)

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 03:01 PM   #2177
Gerard
Rage3D Veteran

Gerard is still being judged by the masses

Anyone have any issues with the game CTD when you try and get it to run full screen? Was occuring yesterday then it fixed itself, now again today its just insta ctd on setting full screen, either by using the option in the video menu or alt enter.
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 03:12 PM   #2178
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber_Tiny View Post
What format are the videos in when you upload them?

Are you using any software like Premier pro to stitch together videos? I ask this because Fraps likes to make multiple videos depending on the format you choose. HD quality usually takes up about 3.9GB of space per minute of video. I then use Premier to change the video from .avi to .mpeg. This resolved my issue with videos coming out like crap on YouTube after uploading and allowed for true HD 1080p format.
I used fraps to record. There was no stitching in these videos though so I didnt need to do anything of that. If I had to stitch anything it would be done with Premiere CS5. As for compression I compressed with h264 and outputted to mp4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AluminumHaste View Post
That's because whatever program you used to compress them changed the output FPS to 30. Right click on the youtube video when watching it at youtube.com, and go to show video info.
I've uploaded 120 fps videos to youtube and they streamed back 120 fps, you just need to know what you are doing with your encoding/editing program. I used Sony Vegas pro 10 and Adobe Premier, both have options for output FPS.
No. The compressed video was outputted out 60FPS and that video was uploaded to youtube. Youtube auto downsampled the video when I uploaded it. What I uploaded and what showed up are completely different things. I know what I am doing.

Also after research it seems Yahoo limits its 720p videos to 30FPS. Link me to your 120 FPS video playback.

Last edited by logical : Sep 30, 2011 at 03:18 PM.
logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 03:48 PM   #2179
NEODARK
Radeon Sea Islands

NEODARK is still being judged by the masses

So, is there a vent server any of you get on to chat during battle?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 04:04 PM   #2180
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyre View Post
User error, the MSI Afterburner app doubles the Video RAM usage in Crossfire so you need to halve the value.
I don't use that though..........
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 04:11 PM   #2181
xNaquada
/u/xnaquada

xNaquada is still being judged by the masses

Well my first impressions of the beta is that its good. The huge problem is the stupid server browser system in place.

Holy lord who the fck thought of this? This **** is terribad.
xNaquada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:25 PM   #2182
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The beta is constantly crashing for me, up to the point I can't finish a single damn session without being booted back to desktop.
Quite annoying, but at least I got to play it for a few rounds.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:40 PM   #2183
xwl
The Lurker

xwl is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
The beta is constantly crashing for me, up to the point I can't finish a single damn session without being booted back to desktop.
Quite annoying, but at least I got to play it for a few rounds.
Yup annoying, but it seems like a server error. If you join a good server it won't happen, crap shoot.
xwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:48 PM   #2184
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwl View Post
Yup annoying, but it seems like a server error. If you join a good server it won't happen, crap shoot.
Most definitely. The last two servers I've played on have been rock solid, but the one before that dumped me.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:49 PM   #2185
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Quote:
lol yer cover system? I disabled the key bind in RO2 so I dont accidentally press it..
I'm sorry for you then, because it was better and more innovative than anything in BF3.

The best part of BF3 is that they made it more like BF2 again, and even still it is missing a bunch of things that were in BF2.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:56 PM   #2186
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I am thankful there is no cover system, I hate it. It usually is pretty **** for competitive MP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 06:07 PM   #2187
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

SoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Just played for a couple hours. Not a single crash, but noticed a few small bugs (ok maybe large ones) which I'm sure they'll fix. Was running well on my system up until I got to the city section on Metro (I think that's what the map is called)... then it was a crawl. A 6950 or 70 is looking good right about now... I know my cpu is old, but I think I can get one more video card before having to get a mobo, cpu, and ram.

Last edited by SoCalMX70 : Sep 30, 2011 at 06:09 PM.
SoCalMX70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 06:09 PM   #2188
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

off to a lan party. 3 days of bf3 "testing" lol
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2011, 06:10 PM   #2189
demo
space cadet

Quote:
I'm sorry for you then, because it was better and more innovative than anything in BF3.

The best part of BF3 is that they made it more like BF2 again, and even still it is missing a bunch of things that were in BF2.
I think RO2 is an excellent game, but the cover system is wack, just like it is in every other FPS. 3rd person like gears of war is where it should stay.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 06:16 PM   #2190
Uber_Tiny

Uber_Tiny is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Looks like they have shutdown the caspian border servers. testing complete.
Well piss in my Cheerios.
Uber_Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote