Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:36 PM   #1861
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Does anyone else just have this "disconnected" feel from most of the action while you're playing? I can't get absorbed into this game like I can Red Orchestra 2. There's something about the experience that's throwing me for a loop and I really don't know what it is. There's a severe lack of communication, too. One other problem I've had is that the graphics are so muddy/unclear at distances, sometimes it's difficult for me to make out enemies until I'm right up on them. Does anyone else suffer from this? Maybe it's just me and perhaps I even need to get a bigger, better monitor to see fine details easier. My in-game settings are set to "Auto" and almost everything is on High, plus I have anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering on, so I know it can't be those things.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:45 PM   #1862
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Does anyone else just have this "disconnected" feel from most of the action while you're playing? I can't get absorbed into this game like I can Red Orchestra 2. There's something about the experience that's throwing me for a loop and I really don't know what it is. There's a severe lack of communication, too. One other problem I've had is that the graphics are so muddy/unclear at distances, sometimes it's difficult for me to make out enemies until I'm right up on them. Does anyone else suffer from this? Maybe it's just me and perhaps I even need to get a bigger, better monitor to see fine details easier. My in-game settings are set to "Auto" and almost everything is on High, plus I have anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering on, so I know it can't be those things.
Right now most people including myself don't know WTF they're doing, so I'm guessing that's why you don't see many squads. Since they basically throw you into the game with no menu most peeps are probably just pressing deploy and dying.

Once those of us that didn't play this in the alpha learn the map it will be more fun.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:04 PM   #1863
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Running at 1920x1080 at ultra with my HD6950, I5 2500K overclocked minus AA and all runs pretty dam good. A bit more demanding over BC2 but runs a lot better then I thought it would at that setting. Don't know that I care for the map much and would like some variety but I guess we have to wait till the 25th for that!

Edit: Ran Fraps on my setup HD6950 1 gig, i5 2500k overclocked to 4.5ghz, everything to ultra, AA off at 1920x1080! 46 to 51 fps outside 70 to 78 fps inside. More then happy with this for a one card setup. I can live without AA. I suppose I could check the hit it gives but I don't really care, looks good to me without AA.

Last edited by Nascar24 : Sep 27, 2011 at 11:38 PM.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:11 PM   #1864
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Why bother playing the pc version, the 360 version is so much better looking, and origin free.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1070543...t_gallery.html

to be honest, I am tempted to get the PS3 version just to avoid stupid Origin and to avoid Origin data mining my whole computer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:18 PM   #1865
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
to be honest, I am tempted to get the PS3 version just to avoid stupid Origin and to avoid Origin data mining my whole computer.
I hope the ps3 performs better than the 360 version then, I watched some multiplayer footage of the 360 version, and there was some nasty screen tearing when things got hectic.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:50 PM   #1866
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
If anyone has managed to get the game working with the Steam overlay, I would greatly appreciate it if you would share your tips with us. It's driving me nuts not being able to talk to my Steam friends without alt-tabbing out of the game.
Saw this on Steam forums - maybe it'll work?
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:06 PM   #1867
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
Saw this on Steam forums - maybe it'll work?
It works!
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:09 PM   #1868
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
It works!
Sweet.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:40 PM   #1869
Douglaster
X360 - PC

Douglaster is still being judged by the masses

And the risk of being banned by PB ?

Also, it seems that Dice is testing the 64p maps

anyone would kindly share the server pass ?
Douglaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2011, 11:03 PM   #1870
xwl
The Lurker

xwl is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
Couple of eyefinity pics, first one had mainly high settings with a few at ultra

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gerald....-eyefinity.jpg

Scope glare 0_o

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gerald....scopeglare.jpg
What card are you using? and FPS? I'm having big problems with Eyefinity with or without Crossfire on my two 5870.
xwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 12:23 AM   #1871
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 12:29 AM   #1872
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
One other problem I've had is that the graphics are so muddy/unclear at distances, sometimes it's difficult for me to make out enemies until I'm right up on them. Does anyone else suffer from this? Maybe it's just me and perhaps I even need to get a bigger, better monitor to see fine details easier.
Its the blur/post process AA they use to clean up all the foliage, like Crysis 2. If you disable it the image is a lot cleaner, and then you can force Transparency AA if you want (trMSAA/SSAA).

Note you actually have to leave the game for your post process AA settings to take effect. Disable it, leave game, then rejoin and the image should be a lot clearer, then jump out and force trMSAA/SSAA etc if you want to clean up the jaggies.

Also it may only be a problem with hex-core chips, but I had to disable hyperthreading (like ArmA2 OA) to get perfectly smooth gameplay.

Last edited by demo : Sep 28, 2011 at 12:37 AM.
demo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 12:30 AM   #1873
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

I want now!!!!!
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 01:28 AM   #1874
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Can anyone else get their keybindings changed? It's not letting me. So far this game has been completely unplayable.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 01:43 AM   #1875
zebrahead
Nerf Arena Blast

zebrahead is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristogod View Post
Can anyone else get their keybindings changed? It's not letting me. So far this game has been completely unplayable.
It's not working for me either. Too bad--I'm really looking forward to playing this!

CPU: AMD64 3800+ Venice @ 2592MHz (12x216) | CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS-9500 LED w/ AS5 Thermal Compound | Mainboard: ASUS A8V-E Deluxe (BIOS 1012) / Socket 939 (VIA K8T890) | Enclosure: 17" Antec Sonata (Piano Black) | PSU: Antec TruePower 2.0 550 Watt ATX12V | Memory: Mushkin XP PC4000 2GB (2X1GB) DDR500 @ 2x216MHz (3-3-3-7 1T) | Monitor: 2x Samsung 931C 19IN LCD Monitor Glossy Black 1280X1024 2000:1 2MS CCFL 97% | Video Card: PCI-E eVGA NVIDIA 7800GTX 512MB @ 594MHz/1.78GHz | Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 | Internal Storage: Western Digital SATA II (250GB) | Portable Storage: Western Digital (250GB) / HD6-Series Smart-drive 3.5" External Case | DVD ROM: BENQ 16x Dual Layer IDE DVD+/-R/RW| Floppy Drive: 1.44MB MITSUMI D63119 | Mouse: Logitech MX518 Gaming-Grade Optical Mouse (1600 DPI) | Keyboard: Logitech Internet Keyboard | Stylus Tablet: Wacom Graphire (ET) | Modem: Motorolla SB5101 Surfboard Cable Modem (SHAW Extreme) | Router: D-LINK DGL-4300 Wireless Gaming Router | Speakers: Logitech® Z-2300 (2.1) | Headset: Altec Lansing AHS502i | Audio Technica 3035 Studio Condenser Mic | M-AUDIO Radium49 49-Key USB Midi Controller | DigiTech RPx400 Floor Processor & USB Interface | MP3 Player: iriver IFP-190TC 256MB (UMS Firmware Version 1.0c) | Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition (Service Pack 2)

Quote:
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
zebrahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 01:44 AM   #1876
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

More Caspian Gameplay since the other got taken down.. looking good.. that map looks huge.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 02:06 AM   #1877
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Custom keybinds work fine for me.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 03:20 AM   #1878
demo
space cadet

So wtf, when I click play game IE just says cannot connect to webpage..
Old Sep 28, 2011, 03:20 AM   #1879
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I was just playing in a Caspian server (leaked password keke) before it went down. Now that's battlefield, gtfo rush.

Quote:
Are you talking about mouse keys? If you are I used a program called x-mouse to kinda sorta fix it. (Better be fixed in retail)

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
So wtf, when I click play game IE just says cannot connect to webpage..
It's maintenance.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 03:28 AM   #1880
demo
space cadet

Ghey ass maintenance, its 5:30PM in Oz, just about to sit down gaming for the night

And yer I just used my logitech software to remap some mouse buttons to keys, but regular custom keybinds should work.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 03:31 AM   #1881
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

It's probably cause a bunch of people got the password to the caspian servers. >_>

I use right click for jump which I can't rebind in setpoint so I had to use x-mouse.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 03:32 AM   #1882
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Everyone else not able to connect ? I click launch and it loads up my browser to battlelog.com with a sso link and says page cannot be found... not 'down for maint' type window nuffin'.

If I go to http://battlelog.battlefield.com/ then it says check back later... any way to actually run the beta without this ?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 03:34 AM   #1883
demo
space cadet

Yeh we just covered that 2 posts up

edit/ its back up now
Old Sep 28, 2011, 04:08 AM   #1884
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Ahh yes, i'm in, played a quick round, VSync didnt stick, lots of flashy screens, looks nice and SP for me I hope is good.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 04:31 AM   #1885
Chubz
Doomer

Does the mouse movement feel "off" to anyone else, like something just isn't right? I tried disabling HBAO and it still doesn't feel like it should. Bad Company 2 always suffered from the same problem, though. Its mouse movement never felt as good as, say, the Source engine games. Battlefield 3 suffers from the same problems. Has anyone else had trouble feeling comfortable with the mouse movement in this game? It's very difficult for me to even describe what the problem is - I just know it doesn't feel like it should.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 04:48 AM   #1886
demo
space cadet

Feels good to me, pretty sure it has an option for raw direct mouse input like source games too.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 04:57 AM   #1887
Chubz
Doomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Feels good to me, pretty sure it has an option for raw direct mouse input like source games too.
I tried goofing around with that and it looks like mine was already on. There's definitely something just slightly off about the mouse movement. What's so frustrating to me is I can't even pinpoint it to say what exactly the problem is. I know for 100% certain that compared to games like Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead, it's nowhere near as smooth. Those games feel perfect, as if my mouse movement in-game is completely natural. With Battlefield 3 (and even Bad Company 2), it always feels like there's a very, very slight force holding back my mouse movement or perhaps a super small delay to it. Maybe even that description is inaccurate. It absolutely drives me insane, though, because I can't even describe the details of the problem to someone without sounding like I'm just making it up. Something is not right with it, even if it's just on my PC or only on certain configurations.

Last edited by Chubz : Sep 28, 2011 at 05:12 AM.
Chubz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2011, 05:10 AM   #1888
demo
space cadet

In BC2, you had to manually edit some config settings for raw input, the game had acceleration on by default, however I actually like BC2 mouse control so havnt tried it. Perhaps BF3 raw input option is actually broken and not doing anything? but it feels good to me and I have been top scoring almost every single map, seems like BC2:Vietnam or MoH mouse control to me, both of which I find very easy to aim quicky and precisely in.

The fact that you probably get 200+fps in source games probably makes them feel better than BF3 too..
Old Sep 28, 2011, 05:12 AM   #1889
Chubz
Doomer

(Originally an edit of my post above. I just figured I'd make it a new reply.)

You're not going to believe this. I just checked my in-game video options and somehow it was reset from my custom configuration (with HBAO off) to the "Auto" configuration which has HBAO on. I changed it to Custom, turned off HBAO, and guess what? The mouse movement feels just fine. I don't know if I accidentally didn't save my settings before or what, but that's definitely it. What the f--k is the problem with HBAO and this engine? Bad Company 2 had the same problem. If HBAO is on for me, there's a very slight problem with mouse movement (like what I tried in vain to describe above) that drives me nuts. Hey demo, do you have HBAO disabled as well, or has it affected you? I swear it does something to the mouse movement. I saw SSAO as one of the options, too, but rather than switch to that I just turned it all completely off. Does anyone know if SSAO is any better or provides graphical improvements without disrupting mouse movement?
Old Sep 28, 2011, 05:13 AM   #1890
demo
space cadet

Oh yer HBAO, I disable that too as it does cause mouse latency in all frostbite games like BC2, BC2:V, MoH and now this.

I think HBAO is calculated in real time as you move the screen which adds latency, just a guess.

I was also wondering about SSAO, but I disabled it just to be sure.

edit/ is it possible to change your name? or are you stuck with the origin account name?

Last edited by demo : Sep 28, 2011 at 05:25 AM.
demo is offline   Reply With Quote