Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Aug 5, 2020, 12:15 PM   #1351
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Just the noteworthy ones.
OK that makes more sense. So you meant just your personal opinion of what was necessary to be ported off the Wii U.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2020, 01:34 PM   #1352
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
OK that makes more sense. So you meant just your personal opinion of what was necessary to be ported off the Wii U.
More or less

also the general consensus ones that people want to see are Xenoblade X is and Mario 3d world.

I dont really want to double dip for mostly the same game (mario Kart 8 was the exception) so i think 3d world for me would be the only one that would have my attention. Heck i might even just go find a Wii-u copy if the game ends up being not that much different.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2020, 01:48 PM   #1353
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
More or less

also the general consensus ones that people want to see are Xenoblade X is and Mario 3d world.

I dont really want to double dip for mostly the same game (mario Kart 8 was the exception) so i think 3d world for me would be the only one that would have my attention. Heck i might even just go find a Wii-u copy if the game ends up being not that much different.
My thinking on these games being ported to Switch is if you already own a Wii U there's little reason not to just get the game for the Wii U. Pretty much same exact experience for a cheaper price. Only thing you really lose is the portability of the Switch, which depending on your gaming habits might not even be a factor. And an additional bonus is you don't have to worry about dreaded joycon drift problems.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 6, 2020, 06:50 AM   #1354
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

With WiiU unless you already bought it on eshop or physical, Nintendo instantly removes the original game on the eShop on the WiiU whenever they announce a switch port.

Why would you buy a 20 euro game on the eshop when you can buy it again for 60.

BARGAIN

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2020, 07:53 AM   #1355
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Haven't touched my switch in 2 months, my son hasn't either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2020, 07:56 AM   #1356
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
With WiiU unless you already bought it on eshop or physical, Nintendo instantly removes the original game on the eShop on the WiiU whenever they announce a switch port.

BARGAIN
I was talking about physical copies, which are still available in abundance especially on second hand sites like eBay.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 08:34 AM   #1357
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
I was talking about physical copies, which are still available in abundance especially on second hand sites like eBay.
still a dick move from Nintendo regardless, they're the most anti consumer friendly of the 3, which is saying something as Sony is pretty bad in that regard too.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2020, 08:44 AM   #1358
Bitey
Radeon Northern Islands

Bitey is still being judged by the masses

if they ever add virtual console to switch i might tn buy one...lol
Bitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2020, 09:51 AM   #1359
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:

BARGAIN
It feels like they're just trying to sweep the remnants of wii-U under the rug to forever be banished from Nintendo history. I guess over time they figure no one will notice since the Wii-U was such a failure. I hope my SD card doesnt die cuz if i lose the ability to redownload pikmin3 it'll be the only place i have it stored.
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Aug 6, 2020, 10:25 AM   #1360
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I would like ports of the Marios and Zeldas that came on Wii-U. I skipped Wii and WiiU so a port of any zelda and mario I will buy.

It seems to weird to me that Nintendo wouldnt take advantage of their first party games and just port them over. It cant be that much work and they would make their money spent porting back ten fold.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:49 PM   #1361
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
still a dick move from Nintendo regardless, they're the most anti consumer friendly of the 3, which is saying something as Sony is pretty bad in that regard too.
It is a dick anti-consumer move. But from a business perspective it of course makes sense. They want to push customers to their current platform. What can you do? Oh, besides buying second hand physical copies that is.

Quote:
I hope my SD card doesnt die cuz if i lose the ability to redownload pikmin3 it'll be the only place i have it stored.
Physical copies go for like $20-25 on Ebay. Just grab one and you're set for life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I would like ports of the Marios and Zeldas that came on Wii-U. I skipped Wii and WiiU so a port of any zelda and mario I will buy.

It seems to weird to me that Nintendo wouldnt take advantage of their first party games and just port them over. It cant be that much work and they would make their money spent porting back ten fold.
Yeah it also confuses me why they haven't ported over games like Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, 3D World, or Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD versions yet. Maybe they are holding out for something.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:57 PM   #1362
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Isn't there are rumor about a Mario collection coming out at the end of the year?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:58 PM   #1363
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Isn't there are rumor about a Mario collection coming out at the end of the year?
Oh yeah that's right I forgot about that. Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy, would be awesome.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 10:02 PM   #1364
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Oh yeah that's right I forgot about that. Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy, would be awesome.
I've been watching for these. I'd REALLY like to see all 3 of them ported over, even though I don't own a Switch.

I need more reasons to buy one yet, still not many games, IMO.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
Sony Bravia X900F 4K 49"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
LG Ultragear 38GN950-B
OverclockN' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 07:57 AM   #1365
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
I've been watching for these. I'd REALLY like to see all 3 of them ported over, even though I don't own a Switch.

Looking forward to them as well.

I still enjoy the Mario Galaxy games on the Wii, and Sunshine on the GameCube, but I really don't like playing Mario 64 on the N64 with that terrible controller.

Plus an HD version of 64 would be nice. Those early 3D polygon graphics are tough to look at even for me.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 08:35 AM   #1366
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post

Theres a metric-ton of indie titles on it if you're into that sort of thing
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Aug 7, 2020, 08:37 AM   #1367
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Theres a metric-ton of indie titles on it if you're into that sort of thing
No, it most definitely is NOT my thing.

I only buy consoles for the big exclusives. Anything available on all the platforms I get for PC.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Sony Bravia X900F 4K 49"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
LG Ultragear 38GN950-B
Old Aug 10, 2020, 04:55 PM   #1368
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Here's a video I made explaining why Crysis Remastered is so disappointing despite being so beautiful:

Has anyone else tried it yet?
Old Aug 10, 2020, 10:55 PM   #1369
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Great review! I'll prolly get it when it goes on sale at some point.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2020, 09:02 AM   #1370
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Here's a video I made explaining why Crysis Remastered is so disappointing despite being so beautiful:

Has anyone else tried it yet?
Is the remaster a disappointment (in all honestly i didnt think it needed a remaster.....) or the switch version of it?
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Aug 11, 2020, 10:25 AM   #1371
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I really hope the pc version isn't also a remaster of the ps360 version.

And y no warhead? When you remaster a game as old as crysis you should include the expansions too.

Last edited by Mangler : Aug 11, 2020 at 10:38 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 11:54 AM   #1372
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Is the remaster a disappointment (in all honestly i didnt think it needed a remaster.....) or the switch version of it?
They both suck IMO. I like the remaster's vibrant colors (though I do prefer some scenes in the original) and the indoor lighting is much improved (very noticeable in the huts), but the Nanosuit changes are terrible and the AI seems inferior. The main problem with the Switch version is the crashing. I'm going to assume the Switch is just under too much strain and the other versions won't crash as much, but who knows... we'll just have to wait and see. Crysis Remastered as a whole just isn't very good, though, at least compared to the original. It's nothing more than a watered down Crysis with some visual enhancements.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 09:20 AM   #1373
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Does anyone happen to konw if you buy a game from one eshop region (CAD) and then change your account region to another (JAP), is that game considered purchased still and you can redownload the (JAP) version of that game? I cant seem to find a straight answer to this.......

Im guessing a game like Monster Hunter XX wont be because they're technically different games in the 2 regions even though its the same game? (online multiplayer cant be played between the two)

Im more curious about how it affects language support as some titles in different regions dont have all the languages available in others (some japanese versions of titles dont come with english, some english versions of that same title dont have Japanese)
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Aug 17, 2020, 09:29 AM   #1374
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Does anyone happen to konw if you buy a game from one eshop region (CAD) and then change your account region to another (JAP), is that game considered purchased still and you can redownload the (JAP) version of that game? I cant seem to find a straight answer to this.......

Im guessing a game like Monster Hunter XX wont be because they're technically different games in the 2 regions even though its the same game? (online multiplayer cant be played between the two)

Im more curious about how it affects language support as some titles in different regions dont have all the languages available in others (some japanese versions of titles dont come with english, some english versions of that same title dont have Japanese)
I can't check any websites to confirm exactly since I'm at work (gaming sites blocked here) but I do know Nintendo Switch is region free. I also know of people who bought games from both Japan and America eShops. Not sure about the languages thing, I would assume its only supported if the game itself supports the default language set on your Switch. If its a completely different version of the game though not sure. Just try it out and see what happens.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 09:53 AM   #1375
Mangler
PC

It's a shame that Galaxy 2 isn't part of that 3d mario collection.

Last edited by Mangler : Sep 3, 2020 at 10:01 AM.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 10:04 AM   #1376
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

So the Mario 35th anniversary announcements are as follows:

-Mario Bros 35 (Pretty much Tetris 99 but Mariobros instead of tetris). Available until march 2021 i think.
-Mario Kart Tour Live (AR + props to create tracks in your house i think)
-Mario All stars available on SNES online collection.
-Mario 35th anniversary collection (Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, Mario Galaxy 1) Seems to be straight up ports though, but Sunshine and Galaxy gets a resolution bump?. Limited time availability until March 2021.
-Mario 3d world + Bowsers fury port to switch (dunno what bowser's fury is...might be a dlc or difficulty spike or challenge levels or something).

I dunno if i'll get any of these...
-I have Galaxy 1 and 2 already (still need to play 2 lol)
-I have Mario All Stars on Wii
-Mario 35 is NSO so i can get it already.
-3dworld ive been considering for awhile, but i could get the wii-u version if theres nothing really different about it.
-i guess the 35th anniversay collection i might consider soon, since its a limited release. Plus then ill get 64 and sunshine...even though i could get sunshine on wii/gamecube....
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM

Last edited by Sasquach : Sep 3, 2020 at 10:13 AM.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 10:33 AM   #1377
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

We'll definitely be getting the 3D collection with Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy. We've got all those games already of course, but will be great to have them portably on the Switch.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 10:55 AM   #1378
Mangler
PC

I never played galaxy 2, so it would have been nice to have it included in the collection, especially considering that it is supposed to be better than galaxy 1.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 12:00 PM   #1379
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

I was just looking through these updates.

TechSpot Link

I think I'm definitely going to pick up the 35th Anniversary Collection for the Switch (even though I don't have one) if it's limited run.

I wish Super Mario All Stars was a physical copy, but if there are no enhancements, it doesn't bug me all that much. I have the original on SNES.

I don't think I'll get the Mario 3D World port. I can't understand why they would even bother updating that. I just played it last year on Wii U and it looked perfectly fine as is. It was razor sharp and good enough at 1080P.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Sony Bravia X900F 4K 49"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
LG Ultragear 38GN950-B
Old Sep 3, 2020, 12:06 PM   #1380
Mangler
PC

What's a wii u?

IMO, wii u ports makes perfect sense, a vast majority of the switch userbase never owned one, so it will be a brand new game for them.