Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Aug 8, 2020, 07:20 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Thumbs up Lovecraft Country: HBO

Old Aug 8, 2020, 08:46 AM   #2
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Looks awesome!

BTW your Youtube link starts the video at 2:03. Need to take out the extra stuff in the URL and just leave it at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb8sKpJMRSY

or here it is embedded and ribbed for Rage3D viewing pleasure.

Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2020, 08:51 AM   #3
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Looks like Cthulhu's in da house!

Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 8, 2020, 09:22 AM   #4
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Looks awesome!

BTW your Youtube link starts the video at 2:03. Need to take out the extra stuff in the URL and just leave it at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb8sKpJMRSY

or here it is embedded and ribbed for Rage3D viewing pleasure.

I always did come up a little......short

Thanks for the fix brother
Old Aug 10, 2020, 07:41 AM   #5
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Looks like Cthulhu's in da house!
Next Sunday...

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2020, 07:42 AM   #6
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I always did come up a little......short
Most your your threads lately mention this, no need to repeat yourself.

yoz
Old Aug 10, 2020, 08:39 AM   #7
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Most your your threads lately mention this, no need to repeat yourself.
It's therapeutic
Old Aug 10, 2020, 09:40 AM   #8
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
It's therapeutic
I stand corrected, carry on.

yoz
Old Aug 10, 2020, 01:24 PM   #9
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Looks awesome!

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2020, 01:42 PM   #10
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

It's been on my radar for a while:

Lovecraft... check!
Jordan Peele... check!
JJ Abrams... check!

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2020, 01:48 PM   #11
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Thank you thank you thank you for this.
Can't wait.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 05:31 PM   #12
Dengin
Rage3D Veteran

Dengin can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDengin can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Looking forward to this even though the premise of racism is somewhat odd as Lovecraft himself was openly racist (I wrote my Master's thesis on his work). Yes, mentality around the turn of the century (19th into 20th) was certainly not enlightened, but well, it may be entertaining regardless.
Dengin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 01:46 PM   #13
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Here you go... I love their scales... The Joy of Painting... The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. Hahah

https://slate.com/culture/2020/08/ho...bo-series.html

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2020, 02:12 PM   #14
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
Here you go... I love their scales... The Joy of Painting... The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. Hahah

https://slate.com/culture/2020/08/ho...bo-series.html
I like their style! Singing in the rain

If it's anywhere near accurate this show ought to satisfy
Old Aug 16, 2020, 09:41 PM   #15
Lazy8s
One day at a time

First episode 8/10 for me. Expectations met.

It's disturbing on a couple of different levels, a little predictable and I'd like Johnathan Majors to speak a little more clearly...on occasion he seemed more to mumble...but I'm looking forward to seeing where they take this, and fingers crossed hope they don't ruin it.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 11:13 AM   #16
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
First episode 8/10 for me. Expectations met.
Same, in for the ride.

yoz
Old Aug 17, 2020, 11:21 AM   #17
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I fell asleep early

Will watch it tonight. Sounds like it’s right up my alley.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2020, 02:07 PM   #18
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Same, in for the ride.
Did you WTF?? At the very beginning like I did?
Old Aug 17, 2020, 02:07 PM   #19
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
I fell asleep early

Will watch it tonight. Sounds like it’s right up my alley.
My only disappointment is having to wait a week for the next ep
Old Aug 17, 2020, 04:20 PM   #20
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

It was different. I didnt read anything about it and the wife wanted to watch it. The episode ended and she was like "on to episode two!" and I'm like this aint netflix see you next week

She was sad.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2020, 05:15 PM   #21
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Did you WTF?? At the very beginning like I did?
Oh you know I did!

yoz
Old Aug 19, 2020, 07:33 PM   #22
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Its good. Really good.

Times like this I miss my local geek club, we'd be all over discussing this.

HBO Max stays winning.
Jkmetal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2020, 09:41 AM   #23
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkmetal23 View Post
Its good. Really good.

Times like this I miss my local geek club, we'd be all over discussing this.

HBO Max stays winning.
How can we say its really good after 1 episode?

Id wager to say it can be something but at this points its just an episode.

Old Aug 21, 2020, 09:55 AM   #24
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
How can we say its really good after 1 episode?

Id wager to say it can be something but at this points its just an episode.

Maybe I don't watch enough TV? I'll admit to be more of a film watcher at times.

I haven't been this into a first episode of a live action television series in a long time.

The Boys = Meh
Mandolorian = Looks like star wars but......
Umbrella Academy= Bleh

Never had HBO before three weeks ago so I missed the who Game of Thrones thing.

As a fan of lovecraft, period pieces and shows with bite, this seems pretty good to me.
Jkmetal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2020, 09:56 AM   #25
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkmetal23 View Post
Maybe I don't watch enough TV? I'll admit to be more of a film watcher at times.

I haven't been this into a first episode of a live action television series in a long time.

The Boys = Meh
Mandolorian = Looks like star wars but......
Umbrella Academy= Bleh

Never had HBO before three weeks ago so I missed the who Game of Thrones thing.

As a fan of lovecraft, period pieces and shows with bite, this seems pretty good to me.

If you just got HBO than skip game of thrones and go to the better HBO stuff.

Oz, The Wire, Rome, The Sopranos.

And honestly, I didnt know who lovecraft was so I had no per-concieved thoughts about what this was going to be. At this point its just a start to a show and way too early to be considered good or bad.

Old Aug 21, 2020, 02:50 PM   #26
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

I enjoyed it. But felt it moved a little too fast in the end of the first episode without much build up. I was watching one show and then all of a sudden a different show. I liked the first half show better than the second half show myself. It felt a little like a shark got jumped. But, I am willing to give it a couple more tries before passing judgement.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2020, 01:34 PM   #27
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

First ep free on youtube for you yankees.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.5.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.7.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2020, 09:39 PM   #28
Lazy8s
One day at a time

This is one freaky show. Yep.

I have that Sinnerman tune from the end credits burned into my brain now too. Depressing song with the catchiest rhythm and tone.

I think I'll be watching this to the end.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 12:00 AM   #29
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Ya not bad at all. Love the cinemaphotography on this one.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.5.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.7.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2020, 11:46 AM   #30
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
This is one freaky show. Yep.

I have that Sinnerman tune from the end credits burned into my brain now too. Depressing song with the catchiest rhythm and tone.

I think I'll be watching this to the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goh2x_G0ct4

yoz