Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Tweaking, Modding, and Overclocking
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Tweaking, Modding, and Overclocking Discuss Radeon tweaking, modding, and overclocking practices. Want to post your benchmarks scores? This is the place!

Old Feb 19, 2006, 10:03 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
GamePlayer

GamePlayer is still being judged by the masses

Default ATI Tray Tools and Application Profiles Problem

I noticed that occasionally the application profiles I create using ATI Tray Tools won't kick in the settings once I start the application, especially when exiting and restarting an application quickly or switching between different applications quickly. The tray icon shows the settings kicked in but the game doesn't unless I go back to the desktop by Alt Tabbing and renter the game. It's like the game starts before the settings initialize from the profile. The only way I think it worked all the time for me is if I make Tray Tools switch to a different resolution before the game starts in my profile but I want to stay at the same resolution incase I ever need to go back to the desktop and search for something on the internet while the game is running and I want to stick with my 1600x1200 desktop resolution because that is the native res of my LCD. Is there a way to force the settings from the profile to kick in before I start a game all the time?
Old Feb 20, 2006, 02:21 AM   #2
Ray Adams
ATT

Ray Adams is still being judged by the masses

Do not switch so fast between games
If you start one game and start another game with tha same 3D enginee. Catalyst will not apply new 3D settings. So there are nothing wrong with ATT

ASUS P5E
Intel C2D E6750
4Gb Patriot Extreme DDR2 PC6400
2x Sapphire HD4850 512Mb