Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:51 PM   #6271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

That video is missleading. They use guns
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2012, 01:01 PM   #6272
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I love the slow motion shot of a guy jumping over a railing with an RPG. When I think of close quarters, I think of hauling around an RPG...
Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2012, 02:36 PM   #6273
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
You just reminded me why I hate DICE so much. They truly have lost it.
Not many "fields" in Battlefield any more is there?

This content is obviously designed for the console market (ie COD crowd). Then again, a lot of the design decisions in the whole game have been catered towards the COD crowd in general in my opinion.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:34 PM   #6274
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Might be fun. Likely to just be rpg/ m320 matches though. USAS will dominate those maps
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:48 PM   #6275
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
Another couple things for the jet challenged.

1. There is an optimum turning speed. with this speed, you will turn fast enough to not stall, and slow enough to keep your turn tight. This speed is 300 units (not sure what they are). So when I am turning against an enemy jet, I am constantly looking at the top left of the HUD, trying to keep my speed at 300 with after burner and air brake.

2. There is something called a "hard brake". It will decelerate your plane/ground vehicle at a rate FAR faster than the regular brake. This function is not as useful in the dogfight because usually it just makes you stall out if you hold the key for half a second too long, but rarely it can be used to get the enemy jet to fly right past you if he is right behind. The best use for this is when you are doing a rocket pod run. The very slow speed will allow you to unload rocket pods twice instead of once before having to pull up. To map this key, you can download the settings editor here. http://bf3.realmware.co.uk/settings-editor/ this is not a cheat, and you will not get banned for it. the program just allows you to map a key for the hard brake.
Hmmm... wasn't aware of the hard brake. Thanks for sharing that bit of info.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:56 PM   #6276
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristogod View Post
Hmmm... wasn't aware of the hard brake. Thanks for sharing that bit of info.
no problemo. we oughta fly together sometime. a good wingman = epic plane rounds.
Too predictable.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2012, 04:57 PM   #6277
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

Video looks freaking amazing, can't wait to own it up.
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2012, 05:32 PM   #6278
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
no problemo. we oughta fly together sometime. a good wingman = epic plane rounds.
I'd love too. I'm such a between level pilot. I can be raping one second, and then some perfect pilot gets on and I'm toast over and over again. No matter my technique, they always get behind me and take me out. I rarely win the circle fest that ensues with pilots that good. As much time as I've spent flying, I'd think I would have mastered turning, and at least win a minority of encounters against these guys, but they always have my number. So yeah, a good wingman would resolve that issue.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 02:59 AM   #6279
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristogod View Post
I'd love too. I'm such a between level pilot. I can be raping one second, and then some perfect pilot gets on and I'm toast over and over again. No matter my technique, they always get behind me and take me out. I rarely win the circle fest that ensues with pilots that good. As much time as I've spent flying, I'd think I would have mastered turning, and at least win a minority of encounters against these guys, but they always have my number. So yeah, a good wingman would resolve that issue.
add me to your battlelog: bobsag3t

I know exactly what you mean though. with the pilots that out-turn you, really, the only chance you have is to shoot them very precisely when they still don't know where you are. once they know you are on them, might as well just find a good spot to bail out lol.
Too predictable.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 05:03 AM   #6280
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

have you guys seen this

spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:24 AM   #6281
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

no ****ing way
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:56 AM   #6282
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Sea Islands

NWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
have you guys seen this

I call fake, because you can't drop c4 or use any weapon until the timer hits zero and the round starts, so how was he able to drop the C4 with 20+ seconds still on the round start timer? However, I honestly have never tried it with C4, so it is slightly possible it is the ONLY weapon you can use before the round starts.. I'm willing to bet he used a hack to use this exploit in the game at the very beginning of the round as in the video.

Yes, they need to get the patch out, so people can't use C4 after death exploit at all.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Mar 14, 2012 at 12:00 PM.
NWR_Midnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:56 PM   #6283
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

Are you sure about this? I can drop ammo crates and some other things. I never tried this but I find it believable until someone try it for the next 5 hours and prove otherwise
Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:05 PM   #6284
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

someone just try it and report back. i uninstalled the game a while back so i can't check myself.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 02:57 PM   #6285
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
I call fake, because you can't drop c4 or use any weapon until the timer hits zero and the round starts, so how was he able to drop the C4 with 20+ seconds still on the round start timer? However, I honestly have never tried it with C4, so it is slightly possible it is the ONLY weapon you can use before the round starts.. I'm willing to bet he used a hack to use this exploit in the game at the very beginning of the round as in the video.

Yes, they need to get the patch out, so people can't use C4 after death exploit at all.
Yes, but if they do, they should also make mines and claymores dissapear after death too.
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 03:46 PM   #6286
Jerm357
Rage3D Veteran

Jerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird sings

The big patch should be out pretty soon. According to a twitter post by Daniel Matros the patch is currently in certification at Microsoft and Sony.

http://bf3blog.com/
Jerm357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 06:10 PM   #6287
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

Which mean 2 weaks at least.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 06:20 PM   #6288
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Anyone wanna do some dog tag trading?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 07:41 PM   #6289
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder squirrel View Post
Anyone wanna do some dog tag trading?
sure.
Too predictable.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:01 PM   #6290
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Sea Islands

NWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird singsNWR_Midnight knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
someone just try it and report back. i uninstalled the game a while back so i can't check myself.
I will try it out in a few minutes, I was headed to work when I posted this morning, didn't have time..

EDIT: I stand corrected, YOU CAN DROP C4 before the game starts....

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Mar 14, 2012 at 08:38 PM.
NWR_Midnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 06:14 PM   #6291
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

Default Co-Op anyone.

Anyone.
If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 02:16 PM   #6292
wonder squirrel
Godlike

Is the new patch out now? I have a 149mb patch to download today
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:30 PM   #6293
GravY
Rage3D Spammer

GravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

I've been away from the game for a good while.. is the server still up?? thought I had it saved to my favorites but its not there..

if its up whats the link again..

tnx
"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)
GravY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:51 PM   #6294
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravY View Post
I've been away from the game for a good while.. is the server still up?? thought I had it saved to my favorites but its not there..

if its up whats the link again..

tnx
No, its gone. If you want to play with someone play with Rad2owns(koz1) hes a good guy and always usually playing.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 07:28 PM   #6295
GravY
Rage3D Spammer

GravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
No, its gone. If you want to play with someone play with Rad2owns(koz1) hes a good guy and always usually playing.
bummer..

tnx.
"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)
GravY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 07:50 PM   #6296
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Nice games Koz1, we had a MAJOR comeback on the map.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:15 PM   #6297
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Nice games Koz1, we had a MAJOR comeback on the map.
It was a lot of fun.
Cheers.
If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:05 AM   #6298
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I have discovered the chaos that is 64man metro.

As ridiculous it is, its pretty fun. People glitching through the floors suck though......

Seems pretty one sided though, the topside team always gets to the ticket booth way before the underground team.....
and most of the time the underground team is too retarded to deal with it.....
But when the underground team is good, topside team is retarded and cant hold the ticket booth lol.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:51 AM   #6299
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

They are doing backend stuff for the patch, hopefully that means its a few days away.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2012, 02:26 AM   #6300
KAC
Gays be gays be gays be g

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
have you guys seen this

Must. Do. This. Tonight...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote