Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jul 9, 2005, 03:56 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

bounty_hunter is still being judged by the masses

Default is this a good cell phone plan?

http://www.t-mobile.com/promos/packa....mc_t=OnsiteAd

Yes I know I am one of the last shmos to get a cell phone, but never had a real use for them, but i'm behind the times now and having a pen and paper makes you look broke when your talking to a girl.

Don't look at me like that, why do guys do anything? yea thats right...well anyways what are your suggestions. I'm not looking for high minutes since I don't really talk on the phone, it's cheap edit: thought it was free but ofcourse they pulled a circuit city on me with that discount bs.

Just recommend me a good phone with a plan, seems like the motorola v180's are popular..

I'm a newb to the whole cell phone scene...so..please educate me.

system sepcs: Ultra X-Finity 500W ATX PS w/2 80mm Fans-Athlon-64 3400+ - GigaByte K8NS nForce-3 250 Chipset- ATI Radeon X800-Pro 256MB-Western Digital 200 GB 7200 RPM-dvd 16x-sony dvd rw dw-d22a
once in the 70's i tried boy scout cookies, they tasted weird and confusing. -logen

Last edited by bounty_hunter : Jul 9, 2005 at 03:58 AM.
bounty_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 11:14 AM   #2
dreamwalker
valar morghulis

dreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete stranger

If you don't talk on the cell much, that plan is overkill.
dreamwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 03:51 PM   #3
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I am Back in posting action! :-D

If you rarely use it get a TMobile to go phone. Their prepaid is the best on the market. Use any phone they have, If you use it enough, you become a gold member at get 50% more minute for your money and a 1 year expiration date. Pay by fillup card or credit/debit card over the phone. All calls are one flat rate, doesn't matter where you are or time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 9, 2005, 06:04 PM   #4
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

alright thanks, I forgot as a teenager I forgot to build up credit, which i thought the bank did

system sepcs: Ultra X-Finity 500W ATX PS w/2 80mm Fans-Athlon-64 3400+ - GigaByte K8NS nForce-3 250 Chipset- ATI Radeon X800-Pro 256MB-Western Digital 200 GB 7200 RPM-dvd 16x-sony dvd rw dw-d22a
once in the 70's i tried boy scout cookies, they tasted weird and confusing. -logen
Old Jul 9, 2005, 06:07 PM   #5
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

wait so i can use any phone? but there are only crappy phones listed as the to-go phones =/

Old Jul 9, 2005, 06:10 PM   #6
ChrisJGoodrich
Stank Cheese

ChrisJGoodrich is still being judged by the masses

u can't use just any phone and also I don't recommend prepay. I you call and leave a message, it will take a whole minute away instead of 10 or 15 secs. That plan you chose was a great plan. 40/month is cheap and that's a good phone! enjoy!
Old Jul 9, 2005, 06:13 PM   #7
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

aye, but what about credit wise, i virtually have no credit myself (my mom has yet to transfer my bills onto my account so she's keeping me back bah even though I'm still paying), how much of a deposit do you think I have t put down.

Old Jul 9, 2005, 06:24 PM   #8
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounty_hunter
wait so i can use any phone? but there are only crappy phones listed as the to-go phones =/
Those are only starter kits. when you activate your account it, will be stored in the sim card to use on any phone.. I am not sure how to do that w/o a starter kit. Since I had a killer deal at Target. $40 for a nokia 3595 starter kit. Plus it came with a butt load of minutes, part of promotion.

In response to chris, yes, all calls are rounded up. But i usually spend $25 on minutes and don't use them all until 3 months later. That's with one call a day.
And Yes you can use any phone

Quote:
What phone models can I use with T-Mobile To Go service?

All T-Mobile GSM phones will work with prepaid service. To get started, simply visit a retail store or authorized dealer and purchase the phone of your choice, plus an activation code.
http://support.t-mobile.com/knowbase...c/tm10105.htm?

Quote:
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Old Jul 9, 2005, 06:38 PM   #9
ChrisJGoodrich
Stank Cheese

I have the worst credit ever... got a few debts that I haven't made payments on in over a year and I got a cell. They just really check the credit on cell phones... they wanna know if you left Verizon or Nextel or whoever high and dry.
Old Jul 9, 2005, 06:41 PM   #10
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

i tried cingular's family plan and had to deposit freaking 500 bucks. maybe it's because I was getting two cell phones (this was online by the way), I know the to-go phones don't check credit and all, I guess i'll look at them, but the long distance irks me since I would be using that alot though.

Old Jul 9, 2005, 06:48 PM   #11
AgentOtaku
Also Sprach Zarathustra

AgentOtaku is still being judged by the masses

I still don't have a cell phone
P4 3.0GHZ HT/Windows XP; BFG 6800GT OC 256mb; 2gb Kingston/Corsair PC3200 DDR 400; Sound Blaster Audigy2; Samsung 80gig 7200rpm HDD =x2; Samsung 52x CDR/CDRW ; NEC DVD DL Burner; Abit IS7 - E Mobo; 172x Samsung LCD; Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case; Logitech MX510; Zippy Ultra-thin Eluminated Keyboard

"I never minded piracy. Anyone who minds about piracy is full of ****. Anyone who pirates your game wasn’t going to buy it anyway!" - Warren Spector
AgentOtaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 06:55 PM   #12
ChrisJGoodrich
Stank Cheese

Do you have anything like "Cricket" in your area (www.mycricket.com) They offer unlimited minutes (daytime, nights, whatever), long distance included with NO credit check for 44.95!
Old Jul 9, 2005, 06:56 PM   #13
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

T-mobile definitely has the best minutes per dollar plan... Plus the free Fridays/weekends and nights start at 7 o'clock.. It's really one of the best plans out there.

The coverage isn't as solid as their charts show however... My girlfriend has T-mobile and drops calls fairly frequently.

I have a Verizon plan.. It's expensive ($50 for 500 minutes) but it's solid.. I've yet to drop a call that wasn't a fault of my phone itself.

As far as what phone you choose, I suggest something with a color screen and possibly a camera just for 'oh wow' purposes.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 06:56 PM   #14
ChrisJGoodrich
Stank Cheese

The ONLY thing with Cricket is you can only use it in your Metro area... If you leave the state, it won't work. You can make calls to anywhere in the US though!
Old Jul 9, 2005, 06:57 PM   #15
ChrisJGoodrich
Stank Cheese

Verizon, BY FAR, is the BEST signal!
Old Jul 9, 2005, 07:32 PM   #16
phial
no things

phial is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJGoodrich
Verizon, BY FAR, is the BEST signal!

Is your name Chris Goodrich?? I coudlnt really tell..

you might also want to put :

Yours Truly;
Chris Goodrich

manually typed at the end of every post.
Old Jul 9, 2005, 07:35 PM   #17
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phial
Is your name Chris Goodrich?? I coudlnt really tell..

you might also want to put :

Yours Truly;
Chris Goodrich

manually typed at the end of every post.

his name reminds me of that annoying commedian on the goodwrench commercials.

That's a politenessman trademark

I my Tmobile.

Quote:
Old Jul 9, 2005, 07:48 PM   #18
ChrisJGoodrich
Stank Cheese

It's better than the "Chris Badpoor" I got in 1st grade!
Old Jul 9, 2005, 10:01 PM   #19
j0j081
Banned

j0j081 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I have the worst credit ever... got a few debts that I haven't made payments on in over a year and I got a cell. They just really check the credit on cell phones... they wanna know if you left Verizon or Nextel or whoever high and dry.
How do you avoid the collectors for that long?
j0j081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 11:16 PM   #20
ChrisJGoodrich
Stank Cheese

REAL EASY! Just tell them you aren't paying. They stop calling.
Old Jul 9, 2005, 11:40 PM   #21
BaronVonBalsac

BaronVonBalsac is still being judged by the masses

I have the T-Mobile pay as you go setup. Yes, if you make a 20 second call it costs a minute of your prepay. But since I make so few calls I only wind up paying about 9 bucks a month for the use of a cell phone. No bills and credit is irrelevant because it's prepaid. Free long distance and no roaming charges. And accessing CNN ESPN and ABC news is completely free, it uses up NO minutes of your prepay.
Old Jul 9, 2005, 11:50 PM   #22
X-Reaper
A Work In Progress

X-Reaper is still being judged by the masses

My small 2 cents,

Dude, stay away from the V180's. First it has a tiny screen, and the screen it self breaks easily and scratches easily as well. And the whole thing is made out of plastic, looks and feels very cheap. But it does have a buttload of features, like MP3 support. But all that is not worth it if the phone breaks on a feather! I was originally going to buy that phone, but I went with a Samsung X475, it's nice metal phone with a large screen, but does not have as many features as the V18x's.

Check out user reviews on the V18x's: http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/use....php?phone=466
X-Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2005, 02:49 AM   #23
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonBalsac
I have the T-Mobile pay as you go setup. Yes, if you make a 20 second call it costs a minute of your prepay. But since I make so few calls I only wind up paying about 9 bucks a month for the use of a cell phone. No bills and credit is irrelevant because it's prepaid. Free long distance and no roaming charges. And accessing CNN ESPN and ABC news is completely free, it uses up NO minutes of your prepay.
Forgot about that. It has AIM access too. Used to be free, now it's the same as a text messege. free to receive and 5cents(?) to send.

Quote:
Old Jul 10, 2005, 02:50 AM   #24
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
REAL EASY! Just tell them you aren't paying. They stop calling.

They may have stopped calling but what about the lawyers?

Quote:
Old Jul 10, 2005, 02:53 AM   #25
Stilgar1973
Please don't Ban!

Stilgar1973 is still being judged by the masses

That looks just like my cell phone plan, except I am with Sprint.

No roaming, no long distance coast to coast is the bomb.