Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Dec 11, 2003, 12:47 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
FuzzyBunny
Radeon R520

FuzzyBunny is still being judged by the masses

Default Phone plan from hell?

OMG some one please tell me what the hell is up! My cell phone plan SHOULD be Free weekend min and 800 any time min... Well please explaine to me that i ran out of min when i only use it on the weekend? Doesnt free mean they SHOULDN'T count? So my phone bill for last month was $800 Acording to my mom.. Thank good her work pays for it... But can someone explain?
Old Dec 11, 2003, 12:55 AM   #2
magicknight0233
Radeon Arctic Islands

magicknight0233 is still being judged by the masses

Lemme guess...you use Sprint?
magicknight0233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2003, 12:56 AM   #3
BaronVonBalsac

BaronVonBalsac is still being judged by the masses

800 dollars? Is that american money or do you live in cuba or something?!!?!?!? I realize it's not coming out of your pocket but yikes, you need a hobby other than talkin on the phone.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 11, 2003, 12:56 AM   #4
FuzzyBunny
Radeon R520

FuzzyBunny is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by magicknight0233
Lemme guess...you use Sprint?
T Moble
And im in the US
Old Dec 11, 2003, 01:02 AM   #5
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Cell phones are evil, they need to be destroyed.
Old Dec 11, 2003, 01:09 AM   #6
Jackl
Always watching.

Jackl is still being judged by the masses

Phone companies, both cell and hardwired, are some of the biggest crooks in commercial business.
Old Dec 11, 2003, 01:09 AM   #7
tempnexus
Chronic Repostinator

tempnexus is still being judged by the masses

Look at the Def of Off peak and then look at the detail of your bill (they should list the time of call and where plus duration) then you can dispute the bill (add up all the off peak times, look at your contract etc).

I did that 3 times with AT&T and those ****ers say oh yes sir we see it at our PC you are right....and then next month they send me the same bill but now saying that I am delinquent by 30 days...it's been 4 months and I've called them 3 times, each time they said that they will fix it and that it's been noted in my account but nothing has changed....during my last convo I've told the guy..."this conversation between us will be recorded for my own educational purposes" he agreed, so we went over the bill all over again and again he said that I am right...now if next month they send me the same bill with the extra charges or if they send the bill to the collection agency, I have the tape with out conversatino to prove that I do not own the money.

BOY AT&T CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS MONKEY BALLS< THEY SAY ONE THING BUT THEY FIX NOTHING, YOU CALL THEM< THEY SAY THAT THEY FIXED IT, YOU WAIT A FEW DAYS AND REALIZE THAT NOTHING HAVE BEEN FIXED

ARGHHH
GA-7VAXP (0-4 RAID 100G WD Special ED) / AX-7 w/ 4500RPM 50cfm Fan / Mushkin 512MB DDR-2700 / Radeon R200 285/285 / Lite-On 48X CDRW & Lite-on 16X DVD / C-media sound (6spk) (sold the audigy crap) / Firewire/USB 2 (preferr firewire)
"You need to delete your video card and format your modem, and install AOL on your motherboard"
"Windows is a 32-bit extensions to a 16-bit graphical shell for an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition "
www.DJSystemIntegrators.com"
NOT FOLDING due to lack of $$$!! Folding costs you about $25 a month.
http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
tempnexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2003, 01:41 AM   #8
Hamidxa
Banned

Hamidxa is still being judged by the masses

Verizon is worse. The rest are all evil too. Cricket is the only good one i have found thus far. Thats because your bill is a constant. It will NEVER be higher then a fixed rate on any given month, infinite minutes, and 1000 long distance minutes, free mobile web, free text messaging. Therefore its impossible to go over your minutes (since they are infinite local, and 1000 ld).
Hamidxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2003, 02:07 AM   #9
scooterman
M45

scooterman is still being judged by the masses

t-mob never messed up my bill you do know that your free weekend minutes (if you dont have night & weekends) if that is what you have start @ 12am friday night and end @ 12am sunday night.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2003, 03:21 AM   #10
squid
Cute

squid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird sings

You just have to ring them up and b!tch to them for a while; all phone companies are nazis and will always try to steal your money. At least you odn't have to deal with telstra, they suck major balls.
squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2003, 04:27 AM   #11
Shark
Pain

Shark is still being judged by the masses

<---------does not use cell phones coz he is smart
Old Dec 11, 2003, 04:44 AM   #12
Killdozer
Banned

Killdozer is still being judged by the masses

I'm always going to have hate for cell companies becuase their service generally sucks, they try to give you all these lame ass charges, and then they bill you for calls you never made.
Killdozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2003, 07:24 AM   #13
palo alto
User Selected

palo alto is still being judged by the masses

OMGOMG
palo alto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2003, 07:39 AM   #14
Doozer
lollollollol

Doozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally posted by Shark
Thats because it doesn't do your homework for you

Nikon D7100,
Nikkor 16-35mf f4
Sigma 120-400mm
Nikon 18-55mm kit lens,
Sigma 70-300 APO Macro,
Nikkor 50mm f1.8,
Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro HSM,
Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DG,
Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.5 HSM,
Sigma x2 TC
Remote shutter release ,
Raynox D250 closeup/macro attachment,
Kenko extension tubes,
reverse lens adaptor,
Nikon SB800 flash,
Vivitar 285HV Flash unit,
Tripod (x2),
Monopod

Rage3d flickr Group
Doozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2003, 08:11 AM   #15
Killdozer
Banned

Killdozer is still being judged by the masses

Oh, in one of my Physics problems tonight *it's like 5 AM* it seems like cell phones do put out more radiation than what's recomended.
Killdozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2003, 12:35 PM   #16
AlienZombie
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AlienZombie is still being judged by the masses

I was always very anti-cell phone...then an emergency came up and no one could get ahold of me. It was then that I decided I needed one. I do think they're a ripoff and for what they charge, they could at least make their networks better. I went with verizon cause it seemed to have the most coverage.
Old Dec 11, 2003, 12:37 PM   #17
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Fuku2
Cell phones are evil, they need to be destroyed.
Good call. I have a company cell phone with Nextel, and it is nothing but a freakin' leash.
Old Dec 11, 2003, 12:51 PM   #18
luxor
Mendoza

luxor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by Shark

That and who would call me anyway?
luxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2003, 01:15 PM   #19
Firestorm_ATI
Pass the ammunition

Firestorm_ATI is still being judged by the masses

We get unlimited long distance on our ground line for $25 a month.
Old Dec 11, 2003, 03:35 PM   #20
Humus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Humus is still being judged by the masses

Hah, n00bs.
I let people call me instead.

Cellphone all the way. No hardwired crap. Plus cashcard subscription so I don't have to pay anything beyond talking time. I'm paying at most $5 / month for my phone.
Humus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2003, 03:58 PM   #21
the chase
Radeon Northern Islands

the chase is still being judged by the masses

800 ya right its cant be real. i pay 30 a month and when i make a couple long distance calls and text messages it go to 50 and i get pissed. $800 cant be.
the chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2003, 05:33 PM   #22
wizardlife
World Service

wizardlife is still being judged by the masses

Default Re: Phone plan from hell?

Quote:
Originally posted by FuzzyBunny
OMG some one please tell me what the hell is up! My cell phone plan SHOULD be Free weekend min and 800 any time min... Well please explaine to me that i ran out of min when i only use it on the weekend? Doesnt free mean they SHOULDN'T count? So my phone bill for last month was $800 Acording to my mom.. Thank good her work pays for it... But can someone explain?
Were the calls all to Sydney and Hong Kong or something?

MSI 645 Ultra Mainboard | 1.6 GHz GenuineIntel P4 | 256MB DDR RAM | ATi Radeon 8500 LE | ATi TV-Wonder | Creative SBLive! 5.1 | LG 32x10x40 CD-RW | CyberDrive 16x DVD-ROM | Maxtor 20 GB 7200 RPM
wizardlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2003, 09:42 PM   #23
Phantoms
Radeon R420

Phantoms is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by AlienZombie
I was always very anti-cell phone...then an emergency came up and no one could get ahold of me. It was then that I decided I needed one. I do think they're a ripoff and for what they charge, they could at least make their networks better. I went with verizon cause it seemed to have the most coverage.
Same thing here. Family emergency promted me to go back to a cell phone after getting rid of one. The plan I have now is $50/month unlimited calls/long distance. Got rid of the land line and that saves me about $30/month. So I look at it as costing me $20/month more than I use to pay and getting free long distance and a cell phone.
Phantoms is offline   Reply With Quote