Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Feb 16, 2019, 05:07 PM   #631
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

That was by far, the worst episode of Trek I've ever seen.

EDIT: And I do agree that Burnman is a boring character. She is just...dull. Pike is far more interesting, as well as Ash, Georgio, and even Saru to a point. They should have focused on one of them and not Burnham.

Also, apparently this show is the reverse of Game of Thrones...nobody is dead for long in this series.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

Last edited by xCLAVEx : Feb 16, 2019 at 05:17 PM.
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2019, 12:30 PM   #632
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default “Star Trek: Discovery” Renewed For Season 3

It’s official, CBS All Access has renewed its big-budget sci-fi series “Star Trek: Discovery” for a third season.

In addition, the series is getting a new showrunner in the form of Michelle Paradise who will now work alongside Alex Kurtzman to run the series set a decade before the original show.

Of the hire, Kurtzman says: “Michelle joined us midway through season two and energized the room with her ferocious knowledge of Trek. Her grasp of character and story detail, her drive and her focus have already become essential in ensuring the Trek legacy, and her fresh perspective always keeps us looking forward. I’m proud to say Michelle and I are officially running Star Trek: Discovery together.”

The renewal comes halfway through the airing of the show’s second season which is expected to air its finale in April, and the third season is expected to go to air sometime in 2020.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/star-tre...-for-season-3/

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2019, 07:47 PM   #633
warmonger180
Zionist

warmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete stranger

this last ep wasn't too bad. got the stardate wrong. it wouldn't be 15something but rather pre 1413.x as that wad the stardate of the first aired TOS ep, and that was after Kirk took ever from Pike. there are a few nice little nods to the TOS pilot, the most obvious being Pikes flashback on Talos IV, as well as some background sound fx easily recognizable. still, they got the Talosians wrong. wish the writers would stop with the coloquial 20th century earth english. I kinda doubt they'ld say things like how'd that work out for you, in the future. still, this on does kinda tie up a coupla things

Last edited by warmonger180 : Mar 9, 2019 at 08:14 PM.
warmonger180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 10, 2019, 08:49 AM   #634
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Liked the last episode.

yoz
Old Mar 10, 2019, 08:26 PM   #635
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Liked the last episode.
I like the whole serious. It isn't being done like the traditional Star Treks as each season of Discovery is a bunch of episodes in the same story line/plot. Where past Star Treks each episode was basically a new story/plot other than just exploring exploring and/or dealing with federation stuff. Well. Deep Space Nine, and Voyager had a continuing story line, but each episode wasn't as heavily focused on it.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:56 AM   #636
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
I like the whole serious. It isn't being done like the traditional Star Treks as each season of Discovery is a bunch of episodes in the same story line/plot. Where past Star Treks each episode was basically a new story/plot other than just exploring exploring and/or dealing with federation stuff. Well. Deep Space Nine, and Voyager had a continuing story line, but each episode wasn't as heavily focused on it.
Agreed.

yoz
Old Mar 12, 2019, 08:42 AM   #637
acroig
Master Troll

Default Michelle Yeoh’s “Trek” Series Is ‘Years Off’

"Executives from CBS held a panel at the Innovative TV Conference in Israel this week and the subject of the new series came up. CBS Television Studios president David Stapf tempered expectations saying: “it’s a good couple of years away.”

http://www.darkhorizons.com/michelle...-is-years-off/

yoz
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:18 AM   #638
12Bass
Quantum Bleep

12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
"Executives from CBS held a panel at the Innovative TV Conference in Israel this week and the subject of the new series came up. CBS Television Studios president David Stapf tempered expectations saying: “it’s a good couple of years away.”

http://www.darkhorizons.com/michelle...-is-years-off/
Not that it matters, but she rubs me the wrong way for some reason... don't particularly like her acting.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:39 PM   #639
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Bass View Post
Not that it matters, but she rubs me the wrong way for some reason... don't particularly like her acting.
So you don't like Michelle's acting or the character she plays?

yoz
Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:59 PM   #640
12Bass
Quantum Bleep

12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty12Bass can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Acting.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 01:31 PM   #641
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Bass View Post
Acting.
Got it.

yoz
Old Mar 12, 2019, 03:03 PM   #642
warmonger180
Zionist

warmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
So you don't like Michelle's acting or the character she plays?
agreed there's something just not right, like tilly. needs to be gone, both. if they wanna spinoff take Pike, from when he assumes command from Robert April. while it won't be quite the same, they could they do a decent remake of The Cage from an unchanged original script, and no aliens on Enterprise, except for Spock

nothing in life is real. so, if anything goes wrong, blame the dead guy

Corsair Vengeance M70; ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z; FX 8350; Asus RX580 OC; Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX; Corsair AX860i psu; 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3; Corsair M4 SSD 128GB, WD 1TB; x18 DVR212D; 10
Old Mar 12, 2019, 06:35 PM   #643
andino
Radeon Caribbean Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

My hope is that they ditch the whole Kelvin timeline.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2019, 07:39 PM   #644
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
Discovery is not set on the Kelvin timeline.

yoz
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:03 PM   #645
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmonger180 View Post
I kinda doubt they'ld say things like how'd that work out for you, in the future.
I'm not so sure about that. After all, we still say things like, "It didn't pan out." When was the last time any of us panned for gold? There are other examples of phrases referring to things that haven't been done in hundreds of years (even further back than panning for gold), but which we still say. A saying can stick around far longer than the actual activity that spawned it.

With that being said, I don't entirely disagree with your criticism.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2019, 06:19 AM   #646
warmonger180
Zionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I'm not so sure about that. After all, we still say things like, "It didn't pan out." When was the last time any of us panned for gold? There are other examples of phrases referring to things that haven't been done in hundreds of years (even further back than panning for gold), but which we still say. A saying can stick around far longer than the actual activity that spawned it.

With that being said, I don't entirely disagree with your criticism.
if thou sayest, thy will be done

Corsair Vengeance M70; ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z; FX 8350; Asus RX580 OC; Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX; Corsair AX860i psu; 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3; Corsair M4 SSD 128GB, WD 1TB; x18 DVR212D; 10
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:47 PM   #647
acroig
Master Troll

Another good episode this week.

yoz
Old Mar 16, 2019, 03:19 AM   #648
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
that's good to hear, I like to binge watch shows around xmas, so haven't seen any s2 yet... sounds like the series is turning around, I really like the trek universe but hated S1...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2019, 08:07 AM   #649
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
that's good to hear, I like to binge watch shows around xmas, so haven't seen any s2 yet... sounds like the series is turning around, I really like the trek universe but hated S1...
S1 you had to deal with everything being so different. Now all feels familiar and once you come to terms that the producers "re-imagined" the visuals for the 21st century it all goes more smoothly.

yoz
Old Mar 16, 2019, 03:39 PM   #650
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
Your hope came true, there will be no more Trek movies (at least not in the Kelvin timeline and not for a looooooooooooooooooooong time).

Old Mar 16, 2019, 06:21 PM   #651
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Agreed. Wasn't expecting the death of the crew member though. I was expected a different ending to the problem.

~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
Old Mar 16, 2019, 07:26 PM   #652
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird singsVanz_007 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
Agreed. Wasn't expecting the death of the crew member though. I was expected a different ending to the problem.
hey, use the spoiler tag dude
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2019, 07:59 PM   #653
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
hey, use the spoiler tag dude
Why? That is the purpose of this thread, to talk about it. No reason to use a spoiler tag for an episode that has already aired. I am not going to be responsible for your lack of self control not to come in here before you watch it. So, i would suggest not coming in here if you don't want spoilers.

Besides, i tried that once and people quoted me without the spoiler tags, proving it is pointless.

However, the thread title should have discovery added to it, as it is what the thread was and has always been about.

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Mar 16, 2019 at 08:11 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:06 AM   #654
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Well it has been confirmed, Pike is gone by the end of the season. A shame, as yet again the show removes the most interesting character (last time it was Lorca).

Old Mar 19, 2019, 07:17 AM   #655
warmonger180
Zionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Well it has been confirmed, Pike is gone by the end of the season. A shame, as yet again the show removes the most interesting character (last time it was Lorca).
wellp, don't expect much from s3 then. seeing as he'll be gone, spin Pike off and cancel std. there must be SOME kind of cure for it

Old Mar 19, 2019, 07:40 AM   #656
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Of course Pike was going to go away...he's the captain of the enterprise, not the Discovery.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2019, 08:35 AM   #657
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
Of course Pike was going to go away...he's the captain of the enterprise, not the Discovery.
Exactly.

yoz
Old Yesterday, 11:48 PM   #658
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

already guessed several episodes ago who would be the red angel but my god that leland guy completely destroy the image of section 31 reputation that we got from DS9.
Old Today, 12:23 AM   #659
warmonger180
Zionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
nope, he just might not be going away. there's talk of a spin off, now that that anti-trek heathen moonves is gone from cbs. think, why spend all tgat $$$ to create Enterprise, pay 3 actors for 3 key characters and build a bridge set for at most 2-3 eps? it is not logical, unless there is an intent