Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Feedback Central
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Feedback Central This is a place to post problems, suggestions, comments, or help regarding the forums or site. This is not a place to air your mod-related grievances as first-resort.

Old Aug 3, 2020, 01:57 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Default Mod

I've got a complaint. Now I fully expect no one to really give a crap about it but here goes. P&R is cesspool everyone knows it. Probably no one wants to be a mod there I mean why the hell would they. Unless they like to throw their authority around like a child. And I'm not saying anyone is.
Here's my problem. You've had mods who were hard core left and hard core right. It'll never work. Take a judge for example they HAVE to be unbiased or the system fails miserably. So how can a mod do their job when they are to biased one way or the other? It shows trust me I've seen it for over twenty years.
My suggestion as far as P&R is concerned is to somehow find mods who ate not so personally invested. Will be fair to everyone because they don't have any skin in the game. Because right now it's a damn mess. The numbers here fall each and every year. Keep this up you may drive a unrepairable nail in the coffin.
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2020, 02:44 AM   #2
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

This was concerning P&R. Asking for opinions from P&R members. Thanks so very for moving it to the least traveled area in the entire forum. May as well as edited it to better suit your narrative or simply deleted since that appears to be the new norm.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 03:39 AM   #3
Ne0Griever
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ne0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete stranger

As an ideological outlier, I never had much problems with any of the mods there.

Looking back, I gave curio and Shrike unreasonable amount of ****, which didn't lead to anything.
Ne0Griever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 3, 2020, 03:44 AM   #4
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytprice View Post
This was concerning P&R. Asking for opinions from P&R members. Thanks so very for moving it to the least traveled area in the entire forum. May as well as edited it to better suit your narrative or simply deleted since that appears to be the new norm.
I moved it and I left a redirect. So everyone in P&R can see it and will be directed here.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2020, 08:06 AM   #5
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

In theory, mods can separate their modding duties from their political beliefs, even if they are on the far right or left. As a mod, your #1 job is to enforce the forum rules. Your job is not to edit other people's posts to "correct" them, delete posts that you think are factually incorrect, berate people, etc. It really doesn't seem that difficult of a concept, yet for many people it's hard to execute properly because politics and religion are highly emotional subjects and people get heated over the slightest things. Knowing when people cross the line and correcting them commensurate with the infraction can be a bit of an art. It can also be exhausting, especially when adults are acting like children. Not saying P&R is like that, of course.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2020, 09:22 AM   #6
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

The last politically unbiased mod in PR was mizzer.
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2020, 10:14 AM   #7
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzer View Post
What happened to that guy? He was cool.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2020, 11:37 AM   #8
kytprice
Autism Awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
I moved it and I left a redirect. So everyone in P&R can see it and will be directed here.
Good point. Apologies
Old Aug 3, 2020, 11:56 AM   #9
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
What happened to that guy? He was cool.

I didn't have the time to give the position what it deserved.
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2020, 12:02 PM   #10
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

I can't even count how many ways there are to interpret that statement.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 12:10 PM   #11
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Only one way, the Rage3D way.

yoz
Old Aug 3, 2020, 12:26 PM   #12
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Only one way, the Rage3D way.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 08:13 PM   #13
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Old Aug 3, 2020, 09:57 PM   #14
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

acroig
Old Aug 4, 2020, 07:34 AM   #15
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
acroig

yoz
Old Aug 4, 2020, 12:43 PM   #16
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Old Aug 4, 2020, 12:46 PM   #17
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
Look what the cat dragged in.....

yoz
Old Aug 4, 2020, 12:48 PM   #18
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
In theory, mods can separate their modding duties from their political beliefs, even if they are on the far right or left. As a mod, your #1 job is to enforce the forum rules. Your job is not to edit other people's posts to "correct" them, delete posts that you think are factually incorrect, berate people, etc. It really doesn't seem that difficult of a concept, yet for many people it's hard to execute properly because politics and religion are highly emotional subjects and people get heated over the slightest things. Knowing when people cross the line and correcting them commensurate with the infraction can be a bit of an art. It can also be exhausting, especially when adults are acting like children. Not saying P&R is like that, of course.
btw this has been addressed recently and hopefully that won't happen anymore

It was a misunderstanding of wrongful enforcement of my PR 'guidelines' vs proper enforcement of forum-wide rules that require deletion/editing by a mod - racist posts for example...

When it comes down to it, the P&R guidelines are merely that - just guidelines. And the mod's job is to try and steer the debating towards positive productive debate by using those guidelines, and the user's job is to try and stay within the guidelines. None of which requires any actual editing or deletion of posts, but instead just verbal public intervention or even send a PM if needed.

Keep in mind though that multiple infractions of the 'guidelines' can get one kicked out of the P&R still - but that decision comes as a staff group decision - no mod unilaterally makes that choice.

Either way though, mistakes were made - and that wasn't necessarily his fault but more like just a miscommunication on my part. We're all human after all; even the mods are, contrary to belief that we're just pond scum
Old Aug 4, 2020, 12:53 PM   #19
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
Look what the cat dragged in.....
You rang?
Old Aug 4, 2020, 01:03 PM   #20
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Either way though, mistakes were made - and that wasn't necessarily his fault but more like just a miscommunication on my part. We're all human after all; even the mods are, contrary to belief that we're just pond scum
BURN THE WITCH!!!!

yoz
Old Aug 4, 2020, 01:10 PM   #21
curio
𐐒ananaD

But I don't weigh the same as a duck
Old Aug 4, 2020, 02:12 PM   #22
bittermann
I didn't do it

bittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:

That is too bad. You can't post anything remotely conservative or different than the mob mentality in P&R now without being instantly ridiculed or attacked by other members, includes mods from other sub forums. Hard not to retaliate in kind when you are guaranteed to be dumped on. Curio is/was more level headed than most...I don't come by here that often anymore so don't know who the mod is now.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 02:20 PM   #23
curio
𐐒ananaD

Thanks for the kind words about me personally bitterman, but in all fairness that's also why we brought Exposed in to be a mod... since he is self-proclaimed US conservative. Try to bring some balance to the forum.

But I also understand kytprice's concern that 'sides' don't really matter, it's really fairness which matters - no matter the 'side' of the moderator. But I think people can surprise you if you give them a chance. I was hardly considered 'fair' or 'level headed' when I first became a PR mod and that's a fact. It took time for both me and the 'mob' to adjust.

So I hope we can all give Exposed a chance here.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 02:51 PM   #24
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittermann View Post
That is too bad. You can't post anything remotely conservative or different than the mob mentality in P&R now without being instantly ridiculed or attacked by other members, includes mods from other sub forums. Hard not to retaliate in kind when you are guaranteed to be dumped on. Curio is/was more level headed than most...I don't come by here that often anymore so don't know who the mod is now.
bitterman, come on buddy. I've tried just chatting with you in the past and was met with aggression and being antagonized, just because I didn't agree with you as far as I could tell.

I am not a republican, but I am a conservative and still lean conservative in almost every way but socially. If you were to just simply chat and learn to not take a disagreement as a slight or an attack you might be surprised.

Yes - there are those who have trouble just chatting as opposed to fact checking every statement, but most in there fully understand that there are and always will be two sides to the coin.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 02:52 PM   #25
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
You rang?
Good to see you
Old Aug 4, 2020, 04:04 PM   #26
bittermann
I didn't do it

bittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
bitterman, come on buddy. I've tried just chatting with you in the past and was met with aggression and being antagonized, just because I didn't agree with you as far as I could tell.

I am not a republican, but I am a conservative and still lean conservative in almost every way but socially. If you were to just simply chat and learn to not take a disagreement as a slight or an attack you might be surprised.

Yes - there are those who have trouble just chatting as opposed to fact checking every statement, but most in there fully understand that there are and always will be two sides to the coin.
"was met with aggression and being antagonized"

Are you kidding? Those are some strong words so I'd like you to provide instances to back that up when I was like that towards you? And judging by your past posts you are NOT conservative by any means. Nothing wrong with being left or right but the PR forum has gone almost full socialism in my opinion. Anything else is just drowned out or insulted away. There is a reason I don't come around here anymore. So you think we are talking about this because there isn't a problem and most members are misunderstood and just chatty? Hech can't even post anything but Trump memes in the pr pic thread or I'm a classless ahole.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 04:10 PM   #27
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittermann View Post
"was met with aggression and being antagonized"

Are you kidding? Those are some strong words so I'd like you to provide instances to back that up when I was like that towards you? And judging by your past posts you are NOT conservative by any means. Nothing wrong with being left or right but the PR forum has gone almost full socialism in my opinion. Anything else is just drowned out or insulted away. There is a reason I don't come around here anymore. So you think we are talking about this because there isn't a problem and most members are misunderstood and just chatty? Hech can't even post anything but Trump memes in the pr pic thread or I'm a classless ahole.
Nevermind. I apologize for extending an olive branch. Wish you well. Take care.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 04:15 PM   #28
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Nevermind. I apologize for extending an olive branch. Wish you well. Take care.
So apparently being anti-Trump and critical of the GOP is the same thing as "not conservative by any means"? Wow. Ok. Guess I'm a filthy librul too.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 04:17 PM   #29
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
So apparently being anti-Trump and critical of the GOP is the same thing as "not conservative by any means"? Wow. Ok. Guess I'm a filthy librul too.
That's what it looks like lol. I really don't care what anyone else labels me any more. I look elsewhere for any affirmation or approval.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 04:21 PM   #30
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words about me personally bitterman, but in all fairness that's also why we brought Exposed in to be a mod... since he is self-proclaimed US conservative. Try to bring some balance to the forum.

But I also understand kytprice's concern that 'sides' don't really matter, it's really fairness which matters - no matter the 'side' of the moderator. But I think people can surprise you if you give them a chance. I was hardly considered 'fair' or 'level headed' when I first became a PR mod and that's a fact. It took time for both me and the 'mob' to adjust.

So I hope we can all give Exposed a chance here.

Thanks curio. Although I must say after the last several days, bringing balance to P&R is like trying to mix oil and water.

There those that's giving the benefit of the doubt, and those that are just giving me the finger. I think we'll be ok in the long run though, I simply follow the guidelines and rules just as you have laid out to me. So any knock against me would really be a knock against you and the other mods who have helped guided me into the role as well.

I just want offer up a model of fair opportunity and critical thinking in P&R that goes beyond party lines. I haven't even began my *gasp* "religion enlightenment" threads yet.

And with that said I....
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote