Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 21, 2019, 05:56 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default Moons of Madness

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...ns_of_Madness/

OK, this looks like Deliver us the Moon...… with horror.

Who's heard of this one?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2019, 07:19 PM   #2
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

why does the title remind me of drunken sailors on rampage

or them all praying to the porcelain gods after
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2019, 08:07 PM   #3
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

or them all praying to the porcelain gods after
I can't answer that. Maybe you need more... something?

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 22, 2019, 09:27 AM   #4
acroig
Master Troll

yoz
Old Oct 22, 2019, 11:28 AM   #5
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...ns_of_Madness/

OK, this looks like Deliver us the Moon...… with horror.

Who's heard of this one?
Heard it was coming. Done by another company using The Secret World mythos with Funcom as publisher. Funcom may not be able to make a profit, but I loved The Secret World storytelling.

Whether this other company turns it into something fun I couldn't say.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2019, 11:29 AM   #6
Lithurge
Radeon R700

Lithurge can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLithurge can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It reminds me of Soma, a lot, so if you enjoyed that you'll probably enjoy this.

Graphics wise it's not too bad and running on highest settings I get between 100 and 120fps (vsync on). It also allows you to disable head bob, which is always a plus for me.

At three hours in seems to be a decent mix of puzzles, walking, running from things and reading stuff. Although none of the puzzles are difficult. No combat.

Opening half hour or so isn't the best, the initial few minutes voice acting were terrible but it gets better and the story more intriguing, but is a bit cliche.
Lithurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2019, 11:30 AM   #7
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithurge View Post
It reminds me of Soma, a lot, so if you enjoyed that you'll probably enjoy this.
Yeah, I'm getting this.

yoz
Old Oct 22, 2019, 11:47 AM   #8
Lithurge
Radeon R700

Lithurge can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLithurge can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I should qualify the Soma comment, the story is nowhere near as thought provoking as Soma was, it really is more of a traditional horror focused than the underlying story of that game.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 11:57 AM   #9
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
I should qualify the Soma comment, the story is nowhere near as thought provoking as Soma was, it really is more of a traditional horror focused than the underlying story of that game.
OK, no prob with that. Someone is live streaming the game on Steam, right now.

yoz

Last edited by acroig : Oct 22, 2019 at 01:32 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 01:31 PM   #10
DigitalDemon
Flaccid Flexor

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
At first I thought it was the name for the new Rage3D calendar
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2019, 01:32 PM   #11
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDemon View Post
At first I thought it was the name for the new Rage3D calendar

yoz
Old Oct 22, 2019, 01:58 PM   #12
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

rofl
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2019, 09:19 AM   #13
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Opening half hour or so isn't the best, the initial few minutes voice acting were terrible but it gets better and the story more intriguing, but is a bit cliche.
Yeah, truly bad!

Good atmosphere and lots of WTF moments early on. Intrigued....

yoz
Old Oct 24, 2019, 03:52 AM   #14
Lithurge
Radeon R700

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post

Good atmosphere and lots of WTF moments early on. Intrigued....
There are a lot throughout the game, but it didn't feel like it fully hung together by the end. It seems they were inspired by a lot of different sources and couldn't really settle on one main one. From what I've read it's set in the same universe as The Secret World so it may work better if you've played that.

Finished after 5 hours and got all but one achievement, which is both easy to miss but easy to get. If you're bothered about 100%ing games don't play it safe when you reach a flooded basement.

The ending cut scene for both good and bad options was very underwhelming
Old Oct 24, 2019, 09:34 AM   #15
acroig
Master Troll

I have not been able to play at all lately so I'll skip the spoilers for now.

Seems that Deliver us the Moon is the better game but I'd like to give this a chance to freak me out.

yoz
Old Oct 25, 2019, 12:25 PM   #16
acroig
Master Troll

Played some more, game mechanics are so so. Was chased by something nasty...

yoz
Old Oct 25, 2019, 06:00 PM   #17
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I like deliver us the moon but I'm definitely interested in a more horror/scary game so I might check this out later.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote