Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Yesterday, 07:15 AM   #661
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
I agree with JayZ, bots will very likely eat up the lion's share of Big Navi on launch day. Best Buy has done nothing to mitigate this issue.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:38 AM   #662
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

XFX trolling nvidia on weibo using an old audi ad...

https://twitter.com/davideneco25320/...78207498915840

They must feel pretty confident...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.5.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.7.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM   #663
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Yesterday, 10:53 AM   #664
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

They wont have infinite stock as Frank says but they will have at least 3 months worth of production whatever that amount is...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.5.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.7.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM   #665
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
They wont have infinite stock as Frank says but they will have at least 3 months worth of production whatever that amount is...
Good news for all that are planning on getting Big Navi.

yoz
Old Yesterday, 12:21 PM   #666
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird sings

Maybe the best way to stop the bots is to force a percentage of stock to be sold over the counter instead of online.
Crawdaddy79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM   #667
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Good news for all that are planning on getting Big Navi.
Quote:
AMD Confirms Hard Launch For Radeon RX 6000 Graphics Card Launch [Updated]
https://wccftech.com/amd-confirms-ra...s-card-volume/

NV did have a paper launch on the 1st

so RX 6000's maybe out on the 28th

but if they can supply more than the bots want is still up in the air
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM   #668
AllexxisF1
Owie.

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

Nice.

That's what I want to read.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM   #669
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Announced Oct 28th. Availability 1 day before consoles sometime in November so Lisa Su can claim she's not a liar. Decent stock but mostly bought by scalpers. Nvidia all of a sudden announces 3080 20gb at $250 more.

You heard it here first folks. That's what my "source" tells me.
Old Yesterday, 03:06 PM   #670
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
Announced Oct 28th. Availability 1 day before consoles sometime in November so Lisa Su can claim she's not a liar. Decent stock but mostly bought by scalpers. Nvidia all of a sudden announces 3080 20gb at $250 more.

You heard it here first folks. That's what my "source" tells me.
Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM   #671
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Glad AMD put out some concrete info. Sounds like cards might be available on the 28th after all!
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM   #672
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
XFX trolling nvidia on weibo using an old audi ad...

https://twitter.com/davideneco25320/...78207498915840

They must feel pretty confident...
google translate puts it as
Quote:
XFX drinks a cup of autumn milk tea, waiting for Jiayin ✺◟(∗❛ัᴗ❛ั∗)◞✺ ​​​​
some bad blood between xfx and nvidia after the crap nvidia pulled.

apparently a closer translation is
Quote:
XFX drinks a cup of autumn milk tea. stay tuned for the good news

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus

Last edited by Shapeshifter : Yesterday at 06:29 PM.
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM   #673
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
You didn't need a secondary card to run it before either.

GSYNC was proprietary but they were doing it before anyone else and it was far superior to the early versions of Freesync. Yes, it's caught up, but let's not forget the extremely limited, low range that Freesync used to require.

DLSS can be useful if they continue improving it. DLSS 1.0 to 2.0 is certainly interesting. Not giving a rats ass about increased performance with improved IQ comes off as ridiculous. Mid-range gamers benefit the most from it.
Please read properly what I said before you call me ridiculous.

Hardware PhysX is what I was talking about and yes you needed a secondary card to run it at the time.
Old Yesterday, 08:51 PM   #674
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

No, you didn't need a secondary card to run hardware PhysX after NV purchased Ageia.

They actually crushed the dedicated PPU card concept that Ageia was pushing, and had PhysX being run through the CUDA cores, which meant you could run PhysX through your single NV GPU or add a second card that ran dedicated PhysX, however that was fairly pointless.

NV never mandated secondary GPU for PhysX support.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM   #675
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
No, you didn't need a secondary card to run hardware PhysX after NV purchased Ageia.

They actually crushed the dedicated PPU card concept that Ageia was pushing, and had PhysX being run through the CUDA cores, which meant you could run PhysX through your single NV GPU or add a second card that ran dedicated PhysX, however that was fairly pointless.

NV never mandated secondary GPU for PhysX support.
This is almost exactly what I was going to respond to him before I saw little point to it. This nV centric discussion does not belong here.

yoz
Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM   #676
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
This is almost exactly what I was going to respond to him before I saw little point to it. This nV centric discussion does not belong here.
I didn't start the conversation. I agree it doesn't belong here. Not sure why some people make everything about NV though.

The discussion about how AMD will handle RT performance is definitely an interesting one. With how many cores it's rumored they're stuffing on the 6900XT, I'm curious if they are taking a different approach to RT.
Old Yesterday, 09:17 PM   #677
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
I didn't start the conversation. I agree it doesn't belong here. Not sure why some people make everything about NV though.

The discussion about how AMD will handle RT performance is definitely an interesting one. With how many cores it's rumored they're stuffing on the 6900XT, I'm curious if they are taking a different approach to RT.
That is what I want to see. I have little doubt AMD will be very competitive with raster but I want to see their RT performance. I also want to see if they'll have their own DLSS implementation.

yoz
Old Today, 12:45 AM   #678
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
https://wccftech.com/amd-confirms-ra...s-card-volume/

NV did have a paper launch on the 1st

so RX 6000's maybe out on the 28th

but if they can supply more than the bots want is still up in the air
If the supply is big enough the scalpers will have to rush to unload or get stuck holding a ton of product they're going to take a loss on after fees.

AMD also benefits from not being as in demand as Nvidia, plus some more RTX 3000 stock should have come in by the end of October helping reducing the excess demand.

When Navi 2X launches it will be with two production lines going (both AMD and Nvidia). So the supply crunch won't be as bad. This actually might play out perfectly for AMD, as Nvidia got some bad publicity and won't actually get that many sales in the meantime due to low supply, but then they can ride in and have a smoothish launch, while still having people primed to buy a new card.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:08 AM   #679
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
If the supply is big enough the scalpers will have to rush to unload or get stuck holding a ton of product they're going to take a loss on after fees.

AMD also benefits from not being as in demand as Nvidia, plus some more RTX 3000 stock should have come in by the end of October helping reducing the excess demand.

When Navi 2X launches it will be with two production lines going (both AMD and Nvidia). So the supply crunch won't be as bad. This actually might play out perfectly for AMD, as Nvidia got some bad publicity and won't actually get that many sales in the meantime due to low supply, but then they can ride in and have a smoothish launch, while still having people primed to buy a new card.
true

but i would feel safer if it wasn't 2020
Old Today, 01:42 AM   #680
pax
Rage3D Spammer

More tidbits

https://twitter.com/Avery78/status/1309690556688203778

Quote:
There is nothing to worry about the performance, people should focus on the price instead.
Take timespy extreme as an example, 2 AIC have N21energering sample running at 2 different results.
one is stronger than 3080 and the other one runs above 10,000 and is close to 3090
one of them isn't running at complete state and the other one OC both core clock and VRAM

The worst-case scenario is it will run at the same level as 3080 and the best case scenario it will touch 3090. It's more meaningful to worry about the price than the performance
One guy mentionned his upgrading from a 4780k IIRC to a (iris pro?) 5000 gen cpu with 128 meg edram used for the onboard gpu that could be disabled freeng up the cache for the cpu only produced 10-20% better perf in games than the same cpu without that cache.

Bit of a prediction of how much such a level of cache can help.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Today, 03:02 AM   #681
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
More tidbits

https://twitter.com/Avery78/status/1309690556688203778

One guy mentionned his upgrading from a 4780k IIRC to a (iris pro?) 5000 gen cpu with 128 meg edram used for the onboard gpu that could be disabled freeng up the cache for the cpu only produced 10-20% better perf in games than the same cpu without that cache.

Bit of a prediction of how much such a level of cache can help.
10k+ in time spy extreme is good

but want to see port royal more