Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Sep 24, 2020, 03:55 PM   #4471
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Looks like Newegg done goofed.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2020, 03:56 PM   #4472
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Were they newegg cards or retailers through newegg?

Pretty crazy ****
Looks like they were EVGA bulk cards for sys integrators that egg just sold as they were.... for full markup, of course!

yoz
Old Sep 24, 2020, 03:57 PM   #4473
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Were they newegg cards or retailers through newegg?

Pretty crazy ****
have not seen any retailers through newegg yet
not enough cards yet
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 24, 2020, 04:00 PM   #4474
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Looks like they were EVGA bulk cards for sys integrators that egg just sold as they were.... for full markup, of course!
Yeah, I think I'm scratching Newegg of my retailer list I'm looking for cards from. They are just sketchy AF any more.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
Sony Bravia X900F 4K 49"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
LG Ultragear 38GN950-B
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2020, 04:02 PM   #4475
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Sounds like a name change to Bad Egg would be in order.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2020, 04:03 PM   #4476
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Sounds like a name change to Bad Egg would be in order.
, repped you for that one.

yoz
Old Sep 24, 2020, 04:04 PM   #4477
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Oh boy. NV and EVGA will be tearing them new assholes.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2020, 04:05 PM   #4478
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Oh boy. NV and EVGA will be tearing them new assholes.
Be honest, would you send it back if it worked?

yoz
Old Sep 24, 2020, 04:06 PM   #4479
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

You might have to. Is it possible to register the card for warranty like a normal boxed card? I wouldn't keep it if that was the case, but I'd be damn sure they send me a card ASAP instead of making me wait.

cross-ship or die!!
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Sep 24, 2020, 04:08 PM   #4480
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Be honest, would you send it back if it worked?
if i waited thru this lotto system to get a card and got a bulk without a box and damaged

i would be in the truck on the way to the City of Industry, California as soon as i tossed it and the AR15 in the truck
Old Sep 24, 2020, 04:09 PM   #4481
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
, repped you for that one.

Thanks . Unfortunately I can't send some back to you, I keep getting this silly "You must spread some STD's..I mean rep... around before giving it to acroig again".
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2020, 05:18 PM   #4482
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
if i waited thru this lotto system to get a card and got a bulk without a box and damaged

i would be in the truck on the way to the City of Industry, California as soon as i tossed it and the AR15 in the truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Thanks . Unfortunately I can't send some back to you, I keep getting this silly "You must spread some STD's..I mean rep... around before giving it to acroig again".
Spread it, baby!!

yoz
Old Sep 24, 2020, 05:56 PM   #4483
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I'm sick of pressing f5. Nvidia snatcher engaged. I hope I set it with enough latency to not get me temp banned.

It doesn't buy, but it does open a window for me to let me have a futile attempt at dealing with add to cart.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2020, 06:06 PM   #4484
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
I'm sick of pressing f5. Nvidia snatcher engaged. I hope I set it with enough latency to not get me temp banned.
https://www.facebook.com/scorptec/vi...bV3rFCw6cd&d=t
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2020, 06:06 PM   #4485
the_sextein
Radeon Northern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

Well I tried to get a 3090 today and failed. Who knows how many people actually got one and of those people how many of them will ever even take advantage of them. My animation is going to be delayed another 3 months from the looks of it. Oh well, if people want them then all power to them. It's annoying that Nvidia went 2 years without a launch and then delayed it because of the 7nm blunder and now they have paper launched it. This is probably the most annoying wait for a series of cards I've ever experienced.

I'll probably check availability once a week until they catch up with demand. I'm not going to live on my computer and fight over them. I've got other hobbies to keep me busy. I'm going to be bummed out if 2077 comes out and I don't have a card though. My guess is I'll probably be screwed.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2020, 06:12 PM   #4486
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
I'm going to be bummed out if 2077 comes out and I don't have a card though. My guess is I'll probably be screwed.
Good news! You won't be screwed. Turns out 2077 isn't a limited production game and you'll be able to buy it for years to come!

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
Sony Bravia X900F 4K 49"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
LG Ultragear 38GN950-B
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2020, 06:13 PM   #4487
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

The bad news is 3090s will prob come in stock even less frequently than the 80s do. I could have ordered one this morning, but passed. It serves me no purpose at ultrawide resolutions.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 06:18 PM   #4488
the_sextein
Radeon Northern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Good news! You won't be screwed. Turns out 2077 isn't a limited production game and you'll be able to buy it for years to come!
True but I was hoping to fire it up on my new TV at launch and really enjoy a cutting edge experience for once. It's not too often you get a combination of panel upgrades and GPU upgrades that come out with a mega blockbuster title all at the same time. Especially for me because my game interests are so limited these days. It's too bad the 3080 didn't have more VRAM. I could get by with one of those if they actually increased the VRAM from the 11GB on my 1080TI from 4 years ago. Now I'm stuck fishing for a 3090 which is going to be really limited and hard to find at insane prices. Considering it fell flat on it's face in gaming benchmarks it really just comes down to the VRAM for me. I could wait until a 20GB 3080 comes out but who knows what the market will look like then and the longer you wait the less time you have with the card before the next upgrade cycle.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 06:21 PM   #4489
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
Well I tried to get a 3090 today and failed. Who knows how many people actually got one and of those people how many of them will ever even take advantage of them. My animation is going to be delayed another 3 months from the looks of it. Oh well, if people want them then all power to them. It's annoying that Nvidia went 2 years without a launch and then delayed it because of the 7nm blunder and now they have paper launched it. This is probably the most annoying wait for a series of cards I've ever experienced.

I'll probably check availability once a week until they catch up with demand. I'm not going to live on my computer and fight over them. I've got other hobbies to keep me busy. I'm going to be bummed out if 2077 comes out and I don't have a card though. My guess is I'll probably be screwed.

i'm sure you will be able to get a 3090 by 2077
Old Sep 24, 2020, 06:22 PM   #4490
the_sextein
Radeon Northern Islands

Thanks buddy, very supportive as usual.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 06:25 PM   #4491
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
i'm sure you will be able to get a 3090 by 2077
Bad Billy!
Old Sep 24, 2020, 06:26 PM   #4492
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Here's my nvidia snatcher .env contents if anyone is tired of hitting f5. It should give you enough of a buffer to not get temp banned. Also the script alternates products between sites to keep from spamming a single site all at once.

# ** All configuration variables are optional **
# Read https://github.com/jef/nvidia-snatcher#customization for help on customizing this file
#############################################################################################

BROWSER_TRUSTED=""
DISCORD_NOTIFY_GROUP=""
DISCORD_WEB_HOOK=""
EMAIL_USERNAME=""
EMAIL_PASSWORD=""
HEADLESS=""
IN_STOCK_WAIT_TIME=""
LOG_LEVEL=""
MICROCENTER_LOCATION=""
OPEN_BROWSER="true"
PAGE_TIMEOUT=""
PHONE_NUMBER=""
PHONE_CARRIER=""
PLAY_SOUND=""
PUSHBULLET=""
PUSHOVER_TOKEN=""
PUSHOVER_USER=""
PUSHOVER_PRIORITY=""
PAGE_SLEEP_MIN="160000"
PAGE_SLEEP_MAX="200000"
SHOW_ONLY_BRANDS=""
SHOW_ONLY_MODELS=""
SHOW_ONLY_SERIES="3080"
SLACK_CHANNEL=""
SLACK_TOKEN=""
STORES="amazon,asus,bestbuy,evga,newegg,nvidia,officedepot"
COUNTRY=""
SCREENSHOT="false"
TELEGRAM_ACCESS_TOKEN=""
TELEGRAM_CHAT_ID=""
TWITTER_CONSUMER_KEY=""
TWITTER_CONSUMER_SECRET=""
TWITTER_ACCESS_TOKEN_KEY=""
TWITTER_ACCESS_TOKEN_SECRET=""
TWITTER_TWEET_TAGS=""
USER_AGENT=""
Old Yesterday, 11:33 AM   #4493
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

So yeah, it's looking more and more like Big Navi 21 will likely fall a tad short of RTX 3080 in performance, but utterly dominate in price. While we ALL know that Tflops is never a hard indicator of gaming performance, to say it's no indicator at all would be a lie. In fact, it DOES impact performance, but is just one factor among many. However, it IS an important factor, very very much so.

Big Navi 21B = 22.5 Tflops @ 2200mhz
RTX 3080 = 29.8 Tflops

We all know things like drivers, memory bandwidth, and other (game engines, etc.) factors impact final gaming performance, but Tflops gives you that starting number that is so impacted. In this case, 3080 has a pretty commanding lead. But price and availability are Ampere's Achilles Heel for AMD to capitalize on.

Final point though, Big Navi poses ZERO threat to RTX 3090. End of story.

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-navi...navi-23-32-cus
Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM   #4494
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Big Navi doesn't need to pose a threat to the 3090. Regardless of how NV spreads this garbage "8k gaming" nonsense, the card simply is not a gaming card or in any way, shape, or form, a card with any value from a strictly gaming perspective.
Old Yesterday, 12:06 PM   #4495
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Quote:
Big Navi doesn't need to pose a threat to the 3090. Regardless of how NV spreads this garbage "8k gaming" nonsense, the card simply is not a gaming card or in any way, shape, or form, a card with any value from a strictly gaming perspective.
Just affirming my initial prediction on how this would shake out for line up turned out true is all. And doesn't change anything for the fact that (EDIT for specific) RTX 3090 "not a gaming card ~ in any way, shape, or form" IS the fastest gaming card on the planet regardless of yours, or anybody's sense of value. Value is an opinion, purely. Everybody has an opinion. They also have buttholes. Most smell like poo.

Last edited by moshpit : Yesterday at 12:12 PM.
moshpit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM   #4496
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I don't think anyone expected Big Navi to compete with a 3090. That'd be some fanboy bullshit devoid of reality.

I'll be surprised if AMD can beat the 3080 on a regular basis. Happily surprised, but surprised none the less.

As for the 3090, I was all for buying one, but as it stands the card is a disappointment for the price. It's $500 more than it should be.
Old Yesterday, 12:36 PM   #4497
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Is it me or is jayz2cents shitting a brick in this video lol:

Some good info on there tho...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.5.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.7.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:57 PM   #4498
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
I don't think anyone expected Big Navi to compete with a 3090. That'd be some fanboy bullshit devoid of reality.

I'll be surprised if AMD can beat the 3080 on a regular basis. Happily surprised, but surprised none the less.

As for the 3090, I was all for buying one, but as it stands the card is a disappointment for the price. It's $500 more than it should be.
This I agree with. I'd even squeeze down to saying 300 dollars less would have been more appealing, putting it squarely in 2080 Ti territory. But, I got mine for about as little as a 3090 can be purchased for, and don't even feel a little cheated by it. Buyers remorse was only a danger had I caved in and gotten the 3080 that I could have had instead. I would have regretted that the entire time I own a 3000 series card.

The sad part is... people are paying WAY more for 3080's on Ebay than I paid for 3090. Sad for them. Not for me.
Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM   #4499
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Is it me or is jayz2cents shitting a brick in this video lol:

Some good info on there tho...
Yeah, OFN, thanks for playing.

yoz