Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 4, 2011, 02:58 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
john2
Radeon Southern Islands

john2 is still being judged by the masses

Default Sniper Elite V2

Sniper Elite V2 coming to PC after all

Quote:
Great news for PC gamers as Rebellion announced that their upcoming sniper game, Sniper Elite V2, will be coming to PC after all. Rebellion stated at their blog that due to unprecedented fan demand, they will self-fund the PC version of the game. Moreover, Rebellion’s teams are working simultaneously on the console and PC versions.

Jason Kingsley, CEO of Rebellion, said:

“We’re working with 505 on the console version of Sniper Elite V2 but it’s very important to us to support fans of the game who use PCs – after we made the announcement about Sniper Elite V2 we’ve had hordes of people get in touch to ask us to bring it out on the PC too.

We’re pleased to say that the PC version will provide the same great storyline and gameplay as the console versions, but will be built specifically for PC to take advantage of the more flexible and powerful hardware, with strong support directly from Rebellion.”

Chris Kingsley, CTO of Rebellion, added:

“We’ve not always had control over PC versions of some of our games but we believe that this is what our fans want and this is the right game to do this for. Our team are working simultaneously on the console and PC versions.

At the moment, we’re looking for retail distribution partners and will be releasing more details in the months to come.”
john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2011, 05:34 PM   #2
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

I really wish devs would stop stating the obvious.

Has anyone ever said "The Xbox 360 version will feature the same story and gameplay as the PC version, but - wait for it - it will be built specifically to take advantage of the Xbox 360!!!"?

Duh...
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2011, 09:59 AM   #3
plasmafish
ionized

plasmafish is still being judged by the masses

Sniper Elite was my favorite Sniper PC game, I don't think any others I've played have topped it.
plasmafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 5, 2011, 02:01 PM   #4
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

CoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete stranger

Yea indeed one of the best sniper games I've played it also had an old school hitman feel to it when you had to scout an area then find the best place to take people out without being noticed.

Hopefully they wont make it too fast paced and keep the whole plan your attack style.
CoolNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:46 AM   #5
john2
Radeon Southern Islands

john2 is still being judged by the masses

john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2011, 07:28 PM   #6
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

ouch to that trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:25 PM   #7
Sobek
Radeon R700

Sobek is still being judged by the masses

I want this more than Battlefield 3 or Skyrim or Rage.

I'm so glad they kept the WW2 theme and didn't go all 'modern warfare' on us
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:41 PM   #8
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

CoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
This is no ‘run and gun’ game and you have to be strategic, take your time and think problems through rather than go in all guns blazing – exactly what made the original Sniper Elite such a great game.”
The above sold it for me I didn't even need a trailer, though with that said I loved seeing the impact of my rounds in the first one this new X-ray vision version adds a little style to it for anyone like me who likes gore.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:48 AM   #9
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Can't wait, liked the 1st one a lot. If they use AvP engine, some solid visuals there as well.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:51 AM   #10
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

after the disaster that was avp, i wouldn't touch another game from rebellion even if someone paid me to
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 02:16 PM   #11
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

looks cool
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2011, 09:01 AM   #12
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
after the disaster that was avp, i wouldn't touch another game from rebellion even if someone paid me to
Avp was a masterpiece compared to Rogue Warrior.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2011, 09:10 AM   #13
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Avp was a masterpiece compared to Rogue Warrior.
did you actually play that?
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2011, 10:40 PM   #14
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete stranger

Actually Rogue Warrior was pretty good.

Dark_Swordmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2011, 11:54 PM   #15
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I thought the first one was crap. I like the idea of sniping and taking my time but the actual game itself sucked balls. That trailer looks good and I'm hoping it will be a lot better than the first.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 07:07 PM   #16
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Heads up there is a demo on steam downloading it now.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 07:09 PM   #17
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Also, the bonus DLC for pre-ordering is a mission where you get the opportunity to snipe Adolph Hitler.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 07:23 PM   #18
gamefoo21
Radeon HD5670 1GB

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
Also, the bonus DLC for pre-ordering is a mission where you get the opportunity to snipe Adolph Hitler.
Bah! I wanna snipe Stalin or Churchhill!

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2012, 07:33 PM   #19
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Other than the advanced sniping aspects and cool slow mo moments, I'm not sure you could create a game more generic than this. Meh. It will be quickly forgotten and in the bargain bin not long after release IMO.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 07:36 PM   #20
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete stranger

Sniper Elite was cult, this will probably be too. Sad, because it's actually a REALLY damn cool game. A bit less realistic than the first one, but still pretty damned fun to play.

Meanwhile, enjoy this texture glitch from my run of the demo.

Old Apr 19, 2012, 08:33 PM   #21
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Did you have an anti blood version or something Dark_Swordmaster as it looks like you are shooting zombies with piss colored blood.

My thoughts from playing the demo for all of a few minutes was that it gave me an instant crick in my neck because of the way to far over the shoulder cam and the bloom in places was blinding, other then those two issues its fun to shoot people which is always nice.

Last edited by CoolNitro : Apr 19, 2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 09:20 PM   #22
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

No, the textures ****ed up for some reason. It got worse, as you can see by the end of the video.

The bloom is FAR too intense, which is weird because I don't remember it being that bad on the 360 version. And I don't have any problems with the camera but I never have in third person games.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 09:29 PM   #23
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Other than the advanced sniping aspects and cool slow mo moments, I'm not sure you could create a game more generic than this. Meh. It will be quickly forgotten and in the bargain bin not long after release IMO.
Multiplayer could be awesome, also the levels in the first game were far more varied and interesting so I wouldn't judge the entire game off the demo.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 12:18 AM   #24
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

is this the one with cry engine 3? I'm confused
Old Apr 20, 2012, 12:34 AM   #25
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
is this the one with cry engine 3? I'm confused
You're thinking of Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2. This game runs on a proprietary engine created by Rebellion, the developer.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:12 AM   #26
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ghost Warrior is one of the worst ****ing games...
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:24 AM   #27
didamangi
is lazy

didamangi is still being judged by the masses

So, yeah. I could see this catching on in other games

didamangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:37 AM   #28
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
I thought the first one was crap. I like the idea of sniping and taking my time but the actual game itself sucked balls. That trailer looks good and I'm hoping it will be a lot better than the first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
You're thinking of Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2. This game runs on a proprietary engine created by Rebellion, the developer.
Oh yer, thats what I thought this was, the sequel of sniper ghost warrior, which was a pos..

I remember the old sniper elite now, was ok considering you could play online with a haxed copy
Old Apr 20, 2012, 03:48 AM   #29
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Played the demo.. felt real gimmicky. For a sniper game you would think they would allow you to find and go more places to get vantage points.. not really.

Steam sale game at best IMO.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 06:33 AM   #30
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I really want this, hope they've chosen a bad part for a demo.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote