Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Feedback Central
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Feedback Central This is a place to post problems, suggestions, comments, or help regarding the forums or site. This is not a place to air your mod-related grievances as first-resort.

Closed Thread

Old Nov 2, 2007, 02:05 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Mod Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default New mods needed for Gen Graphics Forum?

After the disgrace that happened here I think we need to consider adding a new mod to the General Graphics Forum:

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33904648

Please consider this as this immature farce that Jester and Sound_Card pulled would not have been allowed to happen if Vengie were still around.

My .02.

yoz
Old Nov 2, 2007, 02:08 PM   #2
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
After the disgrace that happened here I think we need to consider adding a new mod to the General Graphics Forum:

Please consider this as this immature farce that Jester and Sound_Card pulled would not have been allowed to happen if Vengie were still around.

My .02.
This is a fair point. While there's no specific rule against intentional lying, it's very very distasteful. And it looks like Mr. Mod put the kabosh on the whole thing quite well once it was brought to his attention.

I'd volunteer for the job of modding General Graphics, but I'm a bit to controversial for the staff's comfort at this point still
Old Nov 2, 2007, 02:12 PM   #3
acroig
Master Mod Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshpit View Post
I'd volunteer for the job of modding General Graphics, but I'm a bit to controversial for the staff's comfort at this point still
They should give you a shot, IMHO.

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 2, 2007, 02:31 PM   #4
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

I would not mind pitching in there.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 02:38 PM   #5
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
I would not mind pitching in there.
As a valid and workable alternative to me being a mod, I vote for that route. Android would be a good General Graphics mod.

+1 vote for Android as General Graphics mod!
Old Nov 2, 2007, 02:41 PM   #6
Sound_Card
Banned

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

My .02.

I had nothing to do with his experiment.

I thought this whole thing was pretty funny TBH.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 02:42 PM   #7
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound_Card View Post

Acroig was under the impression you were in on it because of what Jester said. I let him know a couple minutes ago via IM that you wern't involved in it initially.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 02:49 PM   #8
acroig
Master Mod Troll

Quote:

And this shows that you still need to work on your level of maturity.

yoz
Old Nov 2, 2007, 02:50 PM   #9
acroig
Master Mod Troll

Quote:
Acroig was under the impression you were in on it because of what Jester said.
Not really as he was the one that "broke the news" to everyone. This shows me that he knew about it for a long time.

yoz
Old Nov 2, 2007, 02:52 PM   #10
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
Not really as he was the one that "broke the news" to everyone. This shows me that he knew about it for a long time.
Most likely true. Just trying to keep him from getting ammo for this thread to be sent into a flame war when your point about us needing a General Graphics mod is so accurate and desperately needs addressing.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 02:53 PM   #11
Sound_Card
Banned

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
And this shows that you still need to work on your level of maturity.
Because I'm not crying over something so stupid?

You need to calm down and understand how dumb this is.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 02:54 PM   #12
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:

You need to calm down and understand dumb this is.
See what I mean, acroig? That's what I was referring to, S_C looks for ammo. Can't hand him the clip like that or he's locking and loading
Old Nov 2, 2007, 02:54 PM   #13
acroig
Master Mod Troll

Quote:

You need to calm down and understand dumb this is.
You need to stay out of this and grow up.

yoz
Old Nov 2, 2007, 02:54 PM   #14
acroig
Master Mod Troll

Quote:
See what I mean, acroig? That's what I was referring to
I don't let children get the last word, especially when they've been bad.

yoz
Old Nov 2, 2007, 02:56 PM   #15
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
I don't let children get the last word, especially when they've been bad.
ROFL!!!!! Understood
Old Nov 2, 2007, 02:58 PM   #16
Sound_Card
Banned

Quote:
Oh your killing me here chap!

Let me clear this up once and for all....

1) This was not really a experiment
2) he really wanted a Ultra
3) He was dumb founded by all rep with the "I told you so" attitude to them, really put him off buying the Ultra
4) He later PM's me that hes going to keep his 2900 and told me why. That's when I found out...
5) When Jas decided to rub salt in his face about it, I decided to step in and tell him what I knew to spoil his rather childish delight.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 03:01 PM   #17
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:

3) He was dumb founded by all rep with the "I told you so" attitude to them, really put him off buying the Ultra
4) He later PM's me that hes going to keep his 2900 and told me why. That's when I found out...
5) When Jas decided to rub salt in his face about it, I decided to step in and tell him what I knew to spoil his rather childish delight.
Okay, guys. We WANT a new mod in General Graphics, so lets stick to that and move on from that specific thread now. Mr. Mod handled that thread appropriately and now we can concentrate on how to avoid future issues of like nature
Old Nov 2, 2007, 03:08 PM   #18
acroig
Master Mod Troll

Quote:

You're speaking about someone being childish? Please!! To think that I once suggested you be made a mod! And if he really wanted an Ultra he didn't buy it because of other people's attitude? Do you really expect anyone to believe this tripe?

Whatever, as mosh said let's move on and see if we can get someone in to stop you and your friends from playing games at the Gen Graphics Forum.

EDIT: No problem with Android taking the job but I still think you mods should give serious thought to moshpit.

yoz
Old Nov 2, 2007, 03:14 PM   #19
Sound_Card
Banned

Quote:
You're speaking about someone being childish? Please!! To think that I once suggested you be made a mod! And if he really wanted an Ultra he didn't buy it because of other people's attitude? Do you really expect anyone to believe this tripe?

Whatever, as mosh said let's move on and see if we can get someone in to stop you and your friends from playing games at the Gen Graphics Forum.

EDIT: No problem with Android taking the job but I still think you mods should give serious thought to moshpit.

Again, I had nothing to do with Jesters reasoning. But you keep wanting to group me as if I was planing some master scheme for the gen graphics.

No games, no bull.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 03:18 PM   #20
acroig
Master Mod Troll

Quote:
Again, I had nothing to do with Jesters reasoning. But you keep wanting to group me as if I was planing some master scheme for the gen graphics.

No games, no bull.
You have ZERO credibility with me. The posts are there for all to read.

yoz
Old Nov 2, 2007, 03:19 PM   #21
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
Heh, I wish. That might go further then anything else they've ever said to keeping me in line. When I was an admin of fhgamer, I was much better behaved when I had a real reason to be. Large scale responsibility tends to make me watch my P's and Q's WAY more then any threat of banning ever will.

During the 3 years of fhgamer's life, I was a model forum citizen there because I had to help people with more then just technical problems. But, oh well. I'm just dreaming of ever becoming a mod here. It won't happen. As I said earlier, my history here is too controversial, I may be possibly one of the LONGEST lasting controversial members who've escaped perma-ban as long as I have.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 03:20 PM   #22
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Maybe with a year or so of me being "nicer", they'll reconsider. Who knows, anything can happen
Old Nov 2, 2007, 03:21 PM   #23
acroig
Master Mod Troll

Then it would be our loss.

yoz
Old Nov 2, 2007, 03:21 PM   #24
Jokerzwild
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jokerzwild is still being judged by the masses

Aight fellas... lets not turn this thread into that thread all over again pretty please.

I nominate Ron Paul for General Graphics mod! Oh wai...
Old Nov 2, 2007, 03:22 PM   #25
Sound_Card
Banned

Quote:
You have ZERO credibility with me. The posts are there for all to read.
As if I have something to hide?
Old Nov 2, 2007, 03:22 PM   #26
acroig
Master Mod Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerzwild View Post
Aight fellas... lets not turn this thread into that thread all over again pretty please.

You got it Joker, I'm done.

yoz
Old Nov 2, 2007, 03:22 PM   #27
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
Then it would be our loss.
Don't fear bro! I'm taking steps to make sure I don't get myself banned. I love it here too much. As I said, gimme a year and who knows, they may decide I'm worthy
Old Nov 2, 2007, 03:22 PM   #28
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
We WANT a new mod in General Graphics, so lets stick to that and move on from that specific thread now.
from time to time depending on the topic and depending on the forum, I mention who should become a mod here and most of the people I mentioned became mods.

So for General Graphics, the right person as a mod would be ChrisRay but I doubt he will accept this offer since he has his own forums and sometimes he gets personal attacks here.

the other person would be SirBaron, but since he is quite busy at G3d forums and with writing reviews, I doubt he will accept becoming a mod as well.

so that leaves us with moshpit and he should become the mod of the general graphics as long as he promises to be nice to everyone.
considering moshpit's knowledge he would fill this position quite well.
but the question is would he get an offer from Lupine and from other mods to be a mod?
maybe he can become a mod and there will be a 90 day probationary period.!!!

there is actually one other person that can handle this position and his name is cvearl but I don't know whether he would consider becoming a mod or not.
and I think if he wants to, he can be an amazing mod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC

Last edited by nomore : Nov 2, 2007 at 03:26 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 03:23 PM   #29
acroig
Master Mod Troll

Quote:
Maybe with a year or so of me being "nicer", they'll reconsider. Who knows, anything can happen
Yeah, that "kinder, gentler mosh" idead could work.

yoz
Old Nov 2, 2007, 03:24 PM   #30
Sound_Card
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerzwild View Post

lawl. too bad it wont work out. He is for limited government which means I can play master scheme games all day in the gen graphics forum!!!!
Closed Thread