Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support » Remote Wonder and Plug-In Discussion
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Remote Wonder and Plug-In Discussion ATI's brand new video card...err I meant remote control! Discuss the software and hardware, and show off your Plug-Ins in development here.

Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:31 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
WiKiD
If you were a nipple....

WiKiD is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Blough
I built a new computer with an X800XT AIW and ASUS P4800E-Deluxe motherboard. I was amazed that everything I loaded from Windows XP to drivers to programs loaded and worked without errors. The remote was working great. Then I noticed when recording more than one show MMC 9.08 would freeze. So I reformatted and reloaded everything put switched to MMC 9.06.1 and the remote hasn't worked since. I alsoe decided I needed a bigger hard drive so did a reformat and complete install on the new hard driver trying both MMC 9.08 and MMC 9.06.1 but still no remote.

When I saw this thread I thought this might solve the problem. I always left my receiver plugged in when I reformatted and reloaded everything so figured that's where I went wrong.

I unplugged my receiver and did the stuff above (except could not find ATIRW.exe running). When I plugged it in I was hopeful as it was recognized and W XP said it was loading the software.

I followed the rest of the instructions but all I get is the icon in the system tray saying "it is safe to remove hardware" when I run my mouse pointer over it. I do see ATIRW.exe running in task manager though.

When I go check my USB ports in Device Manager it shows ATI Remote Wonder Controller and below that ATI Remote Wonder Controller II (which it didn't show until I followed the steps above). The drivers version for both is 2.0.0.0 but the driver details for ATI Remote Wonder Controller shows ATIRWVD.sys and for ATI Remote Controller II shows ATIRWRF.sys.

Is that what is showing for those of you who have a working remote?
there are different versions of remote wonder software the only work with the right version of MMC. Therefore, if you rolled back the MMC version, you would also have to roll back to the remote wonder version that was released at that time.
P4 2.4ghz HT,1024mb PC3200 Dual Channel,X800 Pro, Hauppage 150 TvTuner, Audigy2 Platinum EX,Logitech Z-5300/Cordless MX Duo, MSI 865PE Neo2-LS Mobo/PC54G2, Seagate 120GB SATA, LiteOn 12x DVD+R & DVD/CDRW Combo
WiKiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 07:29 AM   #32
Hisopio

Hisopio is still being judged by the masses

Hello,
I had the same problem of tray icon disapearing, and after trying every solution I've found, I find out that the problem for me was a iTunes plug-in. It's simple, if I install it and restart my computer, the tray icon disapears.
So, no iTunes for my remote.
Hope it can help someone...
Hisopio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2005, 04:54 PM   #33
evil_chris

evil_chris is still being judged by the masses

Cool iTunes Plugin!!!!

Dude that sooo fixed my problem!!

I am dumb - I thought before already "Hey, this must be the iTunes-Plugin that I just installed"....and then forgot about it imediately again.

So I can keep Norton, no need for generic X10-Drivers or so.
Just made sure that atirw.exe was not running, removed the itunes.dll and startet the remote app - it worked without a reboot or so.

Too bad...cuz I really would like to use the plugin, and it works...if you never reboot

I was using the Brandon M. DePesa Version v1.2 Plugin from http://remotew.free.fr/plugins.htm#itunes

I wonder if there is any other plugin working? Maybe the one from Matt? (Homepage is down, link also on remotew.free.fr

Yeah I am gonna try out this one - thanks to google cache (http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:...rased.us/iTW.e)

http://www.erased.us/files/iTunesWonder-1.0.0.zip

Someone should point this out to remotew.free.fr. I was already about to get very pissed with my new remote!!

Sincerely,
Chris
evil_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 12, 2006, 02:51 PM   #34
WiKiD
If you were a nipple....

WiKiD is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_chris
Dude that sooo fixed my problem!!

I am dumb - I thought before already "Hey, this must be the iTunes-Plugin that I just installed"....and then forgot about it imediately again.

So I can keep Norton, no need for generic X10-Drivers or so.
Just made sure that atirw.exe was not running, removed the itunes.dll and startet the remote app - it worked without a reboot or so.

Too bad...cuz I really would like to use the plugin, and it works...if you never reboot

I was using the Brandon M. DePesa Version v1.2 Plugin from http://remotew.free.fr/plugins.htm#itunes

I wonder if there is any other plugin working? Maybe the one from Matt? (Homepage is down, link also on remotew.free.fr

Yeah I am gonna try out this one - thanks to google cache (http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:...rased.us/iTW.e)

http://www.erased.us/files/iTunesWonder-1.0.0.zip

Someone should point this out to remotew.free.fr. I was already about to get very pissed with my new remote!!

Sincerely,
Chris
iTunes... ewww *shudder*

use ml_ipod for winamp! cheers
P4 2.4ghz HT,1024mb PC3200 Dual Channel,X800 Pro, Hauppage 150 TvTuner, Audigy2 Platinum EX,Logitech Z-5300/Cordless MX Duo, MSI 865PE Neo2-LS Mobo/PC54G2, Seagate 120GB SATA, LiteOn 12x DVD+R & DVD/CDRW Combo
WiKiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2006, 07:21 PM   #35
NightRain
Radeon R300

NightRain is still being judged by the masses

This worked for me too, but a couple of times the RW tray icon still didn't load. I simply stoped the ATIRW.EXE and then unplugged the USB port and plugged it back in, then launched the remote wonder tool and it works fine again. It is very wier.d
NightRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2006, 08:39 AM   #36
cyborg2029

Angry

sorry to bust your chops, but this suggestion is as useless as ati tech support itself.

nothing, NOTHING, has changed. the remote still fails and i am back to square 1.

ati is the worst product i have ever owned when it comes to fixing problems. if i were an attorney i would sue them back to the stone age.

Old May 15, 2007, 07:38 PM   #37
The Pig
Banned

The Pig is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisopio View Post
Hello,
I had the same problem of tray icon disapearing, and after trying every solution I've found, I find out that the problem for me was a iTunes plug-in. It's simple, if I install it and restart my computer, the tray icon disapears.
So, no iTunes for my remote.
Hope it can help someone...
It helped a friend. Thank you 1 post user.

Last edited by The Pig : Aug 7, 2007 at 05:53 PM.
The Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2007, 01:02 PM   #38
spartus4

spartus4 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg2029 View Post
sorry to bust your chops, but this suggestion is as useless as ati tech support itself.

nothing, NOTHING, has changed. the remote still fails and i am back to square 1.

ati is the worst product i have ever owned when it comes to fixing problems. if i were an attorney i would sue them back to the stone age.

If you are in the US send all the information too the Attorney General of your state.

I did it here in Michigan and low and behold there were new drivers posted with in a week.

Later

Shane
spartus4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2007, 10:54 AM   #39
Keystone
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Keystone is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartus4 View Post
If you are in the US send all the information too the Attorney General of your state.

I did it here in Michigan and low and behold there were new drivers posted with in a week.
HAHAHAHA! As if in only days your little complaint would motivate US state prosecutors into forcing ATi to prepare and release drivers!

Occam's razor. Coincidence, as ATi was already long working on such drivers and released them upon their own initiative and their own time frame.