Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 29, 2011, 04:51 PM   #2041
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Shrike126 applying for duty in [tR3d] please.

I played a round of Rush on Metro and anyone have any thoughts on why it keeps resetting me to where my mouse doesn't work unless I alt-tab out then back in? I don't have any menus open that I can find.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 05:03 PM   #2042
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Anyone know how to stop the gun zoom being on toggle? I prefer just to press RMB once to zoom in, then press it again to zoom out...? Any ideas?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 05:19 PM   #2043
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

There is a toggle in the controls or game tab when you ESC during a game that changes that (not tried it's probably broken)

Game has so many problems, good chunk of those are related to the animations. Caspian border runs considerably worse than metro, probably explains why they didn't put it in the console beta. Why can't I see my ping, Why can't I change settings after dying? Having to customize your gear when you join a server is just messy. Chat looks ugly but I'm betting that will change like the MoH beta interface.

Game is also much laggier than BC2 for me. I shoot something and it takes half a second to break off. Why is health % like 1px font? Why does spawn selection not show you the whole map? Why do you need to press Deploy twice to actually deploy. Oh and I love how I get an award and suddenly my right click zoom doesn't work. Could go on and on, would love to see a delay for this.

Last edited by nutcrackr : Sep 29, 2011 at 05:27 PM.
nutcrackr is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 29, 2011, 05:32 PM   #2044
Uber_Tiny

Uber_Tiny is still being judged by the masses

Oh, one other thing I really dislike...

Bipods automatically being deployed when you try to zoom when crouched or behind something that allows for the bipod to be used. No options to change bind.
Uber_Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 05:33 PM   #2045
Fricfrac
Pain Train Productions

Fricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I applied to the platoon. logistical.
Bloody hell! I was following you for the longest time, running behind you trying to get a knife kill and you turned around and blasted me in the face lol.
Fricfrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 05:46 PM   #2046
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricfrac View Post
Bloody hell! I was following you for the longest time, running behind you trying to get a knife kill and you turned around and blasted me in the face lol.
Was that on Caspian Near the end? The map was so laggy...

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 05:49 PM   #2047
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Holy hell they need to tone down the flashlights. More and more people are running around with them, even in open daylight areas.
Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 05:59 PM   #2048
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I keep getting disconnected from the login server... happened in my last 5 games.. very annoying.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 06:02 PM   #2049
taz291819
Radeon Northern Islands

taz291819 is still being judged by the masses

Just played both Metro and Caspian. The Caspian server I was on was laggy as hell. Game runs really well on my new laptop @ 1080p, running a GTX460M.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 06:03 PM   #2050
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Finally got into a Caspian Border server, and wow, what a mess.

Loads of lag, I mean, with that much lag, its pretty much unplayable. I did get to go in one of the jets and boy, are they slow! I watched a cobra chopper take off and it was a cut & paste of the choppers from BC2, seems again like they are made of plastic. Just jump in, press up and you are ascending like you are in a physics defying elevator. Hate that. They even said (apparently) that BF3 had a "BF2-like flight model". BS on that one.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 06:05 PM   #2051
CyanBlues
Radeon Northern Islands

CyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCyanBlues can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
Anyone know how to stop the gun zoom being on toggle? I prefer just to press RMB once to zoom in, then press it again to zoom out...? Any ideas?
its under option then gameplay tab and weapon zoom, switch it to click button
Old Sep 29, 2011, 06:33 PM   #2052
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I don't get the bitching, except for a couple of bugs, the game is awesome. The graphics are simply the best I've seen in a game of this scale. This thing looks gorgeous, my eyes were in an endless visual ecstasy when inside the metro. Seriously it is just like this massive feast to the eyes. The color bleeding and the lighting is just amazing.

Also the sniper class is incredibly fun to play in this game and the mobile spawning point they gave them is amazing. They probably have to tone down the sniper class, though. As it stands I think they are the most powerful class right now. All in all, I can't wait for release!
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 06:41 PM   #2053
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
I don't get the bitching, except for a couple of bugs, the game is awesome. The graphics are simply the best I've seen in a game of this scale. This thing looks gorgeous, my eyes were in an endless visual ecstasy when inside the metro. Seriously it is just like this massive feast to the eyes. The color bleeding and the lighting is just amazing.
It even looks awesome when you get sucked under the terrain and have to bunny hop to try to stay afloat.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 06:42 PM   #2054
orph'eus
Jedi Knight

orph'eus is still being judged by the masses

lol @ people who QQ about isues in a beta.
orph'eus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 06:51 PM   #2055
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by orph'eus View Post
lol @ people who QQ about isues in a beta.
lol @ people who expect major sweeping fixes and changes in 4 weeks time.

most notably the "No UI, it's only beta one"

Why does battlelog have a greyed out "campaign" button? lol.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 06:55 PM   #2056
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Just like the many others betas I've been in, there won't be big changes to this come release. Biggest fix will probably be the interface.
nutcrackr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 06:55 PM   #2057
zodiak
YAWK YAWK YAWK

zodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Gorgeous game and pretty damn fun. Haven't played a BF game since 1942 and I'm getting destroyed.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 07:00 PM   #2058
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It even looks awesome when you get sucked under the terrain and have to bunny hop to try to stay afloat.
Quote:
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Old Sep 29, 2011, 07:05 PM   #2059
Saggypoo
Fun Police

To be honest, I am enjoying the game. I have to turn everything down a lot to get it to play smooth in the open areas, and it still looks fantastic to me. There are just a few quirks that make me feel like I'm fighting the game more than I'm fighting other players. Once the sinking bug gets fixed, it'll take away my biggest complaint so far. At least I'm not getting disconnected anymore.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 07:11 PM   #2060
lukilla
Radeon Northern Islands

lukilla is still being judged by the masses

Total disaster on my gtx260, I´ve never seen a game stutter so much -unplayable. Also the interface is very glitchy and the web browser sytem is annoying and seems very vulnerable to future bugs. Fortunately I´m not a battlefield fan.

Last edited by lukilla : Sep 29, 2011 at 07:16 PM.
lukilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 07:23 PM   #2061
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

I do think they need to address those bugs before release, though. Not many people are happy about the game in its current state.

Personally I am having a blast, but this is also because I can very easily enjoy a game which has some flaws. That, and I am playing sniper, which just feels really overpowered right now.
Quote:
Quote:
Old Sep 29, 2011, 07:38 PM   #2062
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

cant change settings unless alive
cant change controls unless alive
cant change anything unless connected to a server
cant quit the game unless alive.

Seriously DICE?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 07:39 PM   #2063
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

LOL. You guys complain too much.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 07:42 PM   #2064
JulianLyle
Radeon Northern Islands

JulianLyle is still being judged by the masses

just applied to the manches group!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 07:43 PM   #2065
Evileh

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianLyle View Post
just applied to the manches group!
Shhhhh... That requires VIP Membership.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Old Sep 29, 2011, 07:43 PM   #2066
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Come on, there is a slight annoyance in putting your team down one player because you're fiddling with settings. Maybe we'll start seeing servers pop up with longer round times and everyone is there to just mess with the options.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 07:45 PM   #2067
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
LOL. You guys complain too much.
I forgot to mention the ATROCIOUS TEXTURE TEARING. Spawning and dying instantly. Looking in one direction results in 60fps, looking in the other results in 10fps.

The UI does not fit 2560x1440 also. many portions are cut off.

I had one killcam show me some big white table looking thing with the battlefield splash screen on it like a peice of paper... not sure what the hell that was.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 07:45 PM   #2068
Evileh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
Come on, there is a slight annoyance in putting your team down one player because you're fiddling with settings. Maybe we'll start seeing servers pop up with longer round times and everyone is there to just mess with the options.
I haven't changed my settings since the first day :\
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
Old Sep 29, 2011, 07:46 PM   #2069
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
cant change settings unless alive
cant change controls unless alive
cant change anything unless connected to a server
cant quit the game unless alive.

Seriously DICE?

WTF is up with this **** DICE? Jesus, the game is fun, but please fire the idiot that came up with this bullshit idea!
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 07:50 PM   #2070
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
I haven't changed my settings since the first day :\
How about the fact you have to wait to respawn to simply quit the game?