Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Jul 26, 2015, 12:21 PM   #361
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Nice vids, although that second one is NOT a Skoda... It's an Audi.
Oops.

Old Jul 26, 2015, 06:39 PM   #362
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Some more Bac Mono love...
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2015, 09:13 PM   #363
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

On the second vid, because of the title, I was waiting for the Skoda to drive by
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 6, 2015, 07:46 AM   #364
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Imma throw some dirt on your parade

Old Aug 6, 2015, 08:31 AM   #365
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Yea, I don't get why they allow that sort of stuff in rallycross... It's really cheap to pass/win that way. I expect that to change here in the near future as drivers are eventually not going to put up with it (and it happens a lot in rallycross).
Old Aug 18, 2015, 05:47 PM   #366
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Old Aug 18, 2015, 09:52 PM   #367
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Old Aug 18, 2015, 10:46 PM   #368
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Friend of mine in his Sprite race car at Grattan this past weekend.

Old Aug 29, 2015, 04:12 PM   #369
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Old Sep 1, 2015, 08:29 AM   #370
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

DE racer....
Old Sep 6, 2015, 09:40 PM   #371
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Old Sep 13, 2015, 02:38 PM   #372
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Old Sep 13, 2015, 03:10 PM   #373
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

Quote:
Holy crap, that is like watching a History channel show on racing

Looks like an absolute blast!
Old Sep 16, 2015, 12:13 PM   #374
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Not really racing, but you can see/hear what's it's like when I drive to work on nice weather days..
Old Sep 21, 2015, 08:08 AM   #375
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Old Sep 21, 2015, 09:21 AM   #376
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:

Not really racing, but you can see/hear what's it's like when I drive to work on nice weather days..
That exhaust cackling/popping is just bonkers.

I came across an F-Type R coming home from visiting a friend in St Louis. He was cruising along at 85+ and passed me out in the middle of nowhere. I decided to be a child and catch back up to him, and he floored it going up a big hill as I was behind. Caught up to him, but he didn't want to play. Probably for the best. Car sounded amazing!
Old Sep 25, 2015, 08:22 AM   #377
ಠ_ಠ

Avatar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAvatar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Miata passes GT3 at the 'ring!

Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2015, 03:48 PM   #378
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Follow me around RPM....
Old Oct 24, 2015, 10:03 PM   #379
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Nice! Last time I was out there about a year ago I ran the BRZ with traction/stability assist still on and ran a 1:52. I paced my buddy in his E36 M3 who ran a 1:49, but my own timer wasn't running.

Why do you run so far out to the right on corner entry for Turn 1? I thought maybe there was water on the track to the left, but the Mustang (or whatever it was) stays left and I can't tell if there is water for sure. I only watched 2 laps, but you deliberately moved to the middle of the track before turn-in.

Great driving, that thing really darts around and changes direction quickly.

Last edited by OverclockN' : Oct 24, 2015 at 10:19 PM.
OverclockN' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2015, 08:51 AM   #380
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

A Panoz lost it's engine in the race group's qualifying session on the left side of T1. You can see some oil-dry there (as well as some darkness from the oil). The track was already cold and slick, so was staying away from it for our first session. If you continue to watch the video, you'll see the Mustang slowly move over towards the middle as well.

Yea, the car doesn't do too bad for the tiny engine. I actually got screwed with my classing so I'm hoping a re-class next year will allow me to add 15-20rwhp, to get just a little umphf...

I will say the video looks much cleaner than the session felt. With the cold temps we had and no rubber on the track, it was very slick. You can hear the Mustang struggling for grip when he goes on throttle at times.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 08:53 AM   #381
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Lead and follow yesterday with my friend in his E36 M3. Last session of the day at the last event of the year. We made some people wait until our lap was done, so we had a train of pretty fast cars behind us midway through one of the laps. But...we got some clean laps in. After watching the video, I see some places where I can pick up speed if I move the line around a bit. His best is a 1:49.xx, and I ran a 1:50.3 yesterday. Should be interesting next year.

M3 is modified with full suspension, brakes, slight bolt on power adders. BRZ is still bone stock except for brakes. He pulls away in the straights every time and then I can slowly reel him back in the corners. By the end of the laps I was having to ease off the throttle, so there should be more time in the car. It should do at least a 1:49. My logger strings all my best speeds around the corners together and gives a theoretical best of 1:47 if I can put them all together perfectly. Not sure about a 1:47, but there is easily a good deal of time to make up.

Old Nov 1, 2015, 09:47 AM   #382
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

First spin on the track and 4 wheels off. Came in a little hot and the rear started rotating. Saw it was going for the tire wall and managed to get it to correct, but lifted the throttle and it snap oversteered the other way and...

Old Nov 1, 2015, 06:42 PM   #383
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
First spin on the track and 4 wheels off. Came in a little hot and the rear started rotating. Saw it was going for the tire wall and managed to get it to correct, but lifted the throttle and it snap oversteered the other way and...
I don't think you were going to catch that at that point. By the time you felt it, it was pretty close to being too late as your steering angle was already too much to the left.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 07:34 PM   #384
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
I don't think you were going to catch that at that point. By the time you felt it, it was pretty close to being too late as your steering angle was already too much to the left.
Definitely agree after watching it a couple times. Just glad I didn't hit anything and I can learn from it.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 08:52 PM   #385
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
Definitely agree after watching it a couple times. Just glad I didn't hit anything and I can learn from it.
Did you meet an F-Type owner out there? One of the NASA race drivers (he's actually the Panoz owner who blew his motor) was out there with his white F-Type R. He has some video of two BRZ's getting black flagged. Was one of those you?
Old Nov 1, 2015, 09:29 PM   #386
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Did you meet an F-Type owner out there? One of the NASA race drivers (he's actually the Panoz owner who blew his motor) was out there with his white F-Type R. He has some video of two BRZ's getting black flagged. Was one of those you?
Yeah, he black flagged me. Immediately after that, a copper FRS in front of me spun out. Completely coincidental, I have no idea who that was. He spun out a couple times in every session and had packed his car up before the day was over.

I was flagged from a lap prior. Was behind a guy 3/4 of a lap who wouldn't let me by. He eventually pointed me by, but it was at the straight in front of the grand stands. We weren't suppose to, but I took the opportunity and passed anyway. They didn't like it.

Does Steve own the F-Type? I saw the Facebook video he posted poking fun at Subarus. He was the one I made stay behind me so I could get a clean lap in with my buddy. I've met him before a couple years ago through a friend of mine who does vintage racing.

Last edited by OverclockN' : Nov 1, 2015 at 09:59 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 10:41 PM   #387
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Another from this weekend.

Quote:
He has some video of two BRZ's getting black flagged.
The copper FRS is in this video, spinning out again. The Lotus and I came around the corner to the smoke he put down from spinning and he waved us by. About 1:22 into the video.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 07:46 AM   #388
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
Does Steve own the F-Type? I saw the Facebook video he posted poking fun at Subarus. He was the one I made stay behind me so I could get a clean lap in with my buddy. I've met him before a couple years ago through a friend of mine who does vintage racing.

Yep, any car you see Steve driving/racing, he owns. He's independently wealthy and has a stable of cars (mainly English/European vintage cars).
Old Nov 2, 2015, 07:53 AM   #389
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
The copper FRS is in this video, spinning out again. The Lotus and I came around the corner to the smoke he put down from spinning and he waved us by. About 1:22 into the video.
Was the Copper FRS FI?

I see a lot of red mist in your driving.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 08:29 AM   #390
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Was the Copper FRS FI?

I see a lot of red mist in your driving.
I believe it was. Haha, no red mist...calm as can be. No sense in getting upset on the track. I was just simply behind a guy, he finally waved me, and I decided to pass. There really isn't much more to it than that. Actually, I did get annoyed ONCE. That Lotus in the last video. That guy was riding everyones tail and passing without point-by's all day long. He'd just power his way through and ram his way into anything and he darn near hit several people who weren't expecting him to be there when they fell back in line. My friends were pointing him by using one finger...I didn't go that far.

You see me waving my fist and doing stuff, but it's because my friend was watching and we were having some fun. I had to let off the gas and back off a bit on the turns, then we come to the straight and he powers off leaving the BRZ behind. That was his 1:49.xx and my 150.3. I was like "You come back here!!".

I've been to Steve's shop and saw his collection. He seemed like a great guy.

Last edited by OverclockN' : Nov 2, 2015 at 08:36 AM.