Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jan 10, 2011, 06:18 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
For example, perhaps using this prevents the proper rendering of some effect that I just haven't noticed that I'm missing yet. So I'm hesitant to use it.
More than likely, I do know for example using the wrong aa flag in Bioshock causes the dynamic shadows to go missing and several other lighting effects are broken, I'm guessing there would be similar problems in MassEffect?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:42 AM   #32
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

my guess is nvidia doesn't actually play test much of these. just look at medal of honor 2010. they don't even have an official AA flag yet and yet theres one that works in the drivers.

Another example, John woo's stranglehold. the default AA flag they use causes a black screen as soon as you try to froce aa in CP. changing it manually i was able to get AA working. this was a while back though so i can't recall which aa setting i used.

it is certainly posible what your saying is true, but in my experience, visual anomalies were clearly visible right away for me in every u3 engine game that ive used wrong compatibility flags with.

if you do manage to find missing rendering between flags, please report it so we can include it in the OP.

Last edited by GanjaStar : Jan 10, 2011 at 10:44 AM.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:32 AM   #33
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

If anyone can test 570/ 580 with Dead Space, please report the performance x4 AA + AO. I can still cancel my 6950 auction and if GFs were insufficient, I would do it and wait for Kepler or something.

Thanks in advance.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 10, 2011, 04:05 PM   #34
Sweetz
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete strangerSweetz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
if you do manage to find missing rendering between flags, please report it so we can include it in the OP.
I did a lot of playing around and so far I haven't seen any noticeable difference in effects using 00000045 and 000100C5 in Dark Void (decided to stick with the more common UE3 flags instead of Mass Effect's).

However, that said, also upon further testing, it turns out that the performance difference between the two might not be as great as I originally reported. I was doing informal performance monitoring by looking at fps in one specific area while turning the jetpack on/off. Due to the variability in the PhysX smoke effect, it seems the performance is pretty variable anyway, and my informal monitoring of the framerate wasn't accurate enough. I still think the more common UE3 flags result in better performance, but it might be by only 1-2 fps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziklitschli View Post
If anyone can test 570/ 580 with Dead Space, please report the performance x4 AA + AO. I can still cancel my 6950 auction and if GFs were insufficient, I would do it and wait for Kepler or something.
I have Dead Space installed right now, but do not have the 266.44 drivers installed. If I get around to installing them, I'll check it out.
Sweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:10 AM   #35
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
I have Dead Space installed right now, but do not have the 266.44 drivers installed. If I get around to installing them, I'll check it out.
Would be great as I'm probably going for 570... please do.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 01:57 PM   #36
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

new version of nvidia inspector is out

Version 1.9.4.3:

- fixed: reset value does not work in some cases
- fixed: short hex inputs were not recognized correctly
- gpu info refresh on window activate
- updated some setting constants
- added 3rd method for driver detection
- skip shader count detection on non unified shader architectures
- always request elevation for profile settings to reduce confusion why (elevated) settings may missed in the past
- other minor improvements.

Nice to see this usefull utility being updated.

first post updated, or get it here

Quote:
I still think the more common UE3 flags result in better performance, but it might be by only 1-2 fps.
it depends on the game, the card and settings used. in borderlands i get 10+fps with 4aa at 1680x1050.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 02:28 PM   #37
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
new version of nvidia inspector is out
Thanks for the update and for maintaining this important list.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2011, 03:59 PM   #38
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Since Mafia 2 was mentioned in another thread was tweaking and had some fun. With 0x000d02c4, for anti-aliasing compatibility, I was able to enable x4 AA with full scene super-sampled and looks pretty darn nifty when compared to what is offered by default - Performance hit was there but nice to see the quality. Did get AA to work in Ruse as well.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 04:30 PM   #39
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Here is my quick shot of Mafia 2 with x4 multi-sampling and x4 full-scene super-sampled. It offers AA on the textures, alphas and shadows.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/4...persampled.jpg
Old Jan 12, 2011, 04:45 PM   #40
GanjaStar
Jalouise

thx for the info SirPauly, ill make note of it.

just to make it clear, ruse has in game AA or no? if no then that is valuable info ill wait for your confirmation since i dont have RUSE
Old Jan 12, 2011, 04:51 PM   #41
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

I only have the demo, and with the demo, I can't change the in-game AA setting and is clouded out, reading x2 AA. edit: it does seem to enable x2 AA though.

Last edited by SIrPauly : Jan 12, 2011 at 05:33 PM.
SIrPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2011, 05:32 PM   #42
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

The different keys may work with Ruse but too many anomalies and can understand why nVidia uses the behavior flag they do, at this point.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 06:08 PM   #43
thales100

thales100 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
For games not mentioned, ask away and I will add it to the list if there is an applicable flag.
Hey thanks a lot, any chance of a AA solution for Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - GRAW (I and II) ?
thales100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2011, 08:22 PM   #44
GanjaStar
Jalouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by thales100 View Post
Hey thanks a lot, any chance of a AA solution for Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter - GRAW (I and II) ?
so far none known. but you can try any of the new ones, such as

dead space, saboteur, nfs hot pursuit, or darksiders.

or you can wait a few days till i install the game and test it myself
Old Jan 14, 2011, 06:25 AM   #45
thales100

Quote:
so far none known. but you can try any of the new ones, such as

dead space, saboteur, nfs hot pursuit, or darksiders.

or you can wait a few days till i install the game and test it myself
Hey thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated, ive tried many flags but no luck at all.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 06:26 AM   #46
thales100

Some surround screenshots of Dead Space + 8xMSAA, click to enlarge 5040x1050.

Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:07 AM   #47
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Are you sure it's MSAA not SGSSAA? Hard to say from the images.

Garth Merenghi quotes

Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:14 AM   #48
jackfuste
Radeon R100

jackfuste is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by thales100 View Post
For GRAW and GRAW II bits - 0x00001241.
SGSSAA not working correctly - it blurs image, so it is better not to use it.
GRAW:

NoAA:

4xMSAA+4xTrSSAA:

8xMSAA+8xTrSSAA:

GRAW II:

NoAA:

4xMSAA+4xTrSSAA:

8xMSAA+8xTrSSAA:
jackfuste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:54 AM   #49
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Thanks, but at least there is a way!
Old Jan 14, 2011, 09:14 AM   #50
thales100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziklitschli View Post
Are you sure it's MSAA not SGSSAA?

Yes its 8x MSAA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfuste View Post
Wow man thanks a bunch gonna try it tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
Thanks, but at least there is a way!
Yeah, great !
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:12 PM   #51
thales100

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfuste View Post
Tried it, fantastic m8, thanks again, GRAW and GRAW II finally with AA.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:58 PM   #52
GanjaStar
Jalouise

thx jackfuste. original post updated.

looks like the list of non AA games is getting smaller and smaller by the day

Also added: Spiderman: Shattered dimension - 0x00411245 (very heavy performance hit, only for 400 series and higher or SLI systems)

Last edited by GanjaStar : Jan 14, 2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 01:17 PM   #53
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
looks like the list of non AA games is getting smaller and smaller by the day
It will be awesome when AA can be used/forced in every game.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 01:20 PM   #54
GanjaStar
Jalouise

Yep, that will be the day acroig

also added gothic III

Gothic III (with HDR) - 0x00001041
Gothic III (no HDR) - 0x00001040
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:01 PM   #55
thales100

Front page at ghostrecon.net plus credits for you GanjaStar and jackfuste - http://www.ghostrecon.net/ .
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:06 PM   #56
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

A little help and kindness for the community goes a long way!
Old Jan 15, 2011, 04:09 AM   #57
jackfuste
Radeon R100

jackfuste is still being judged by the masses

A few more games.
  • Terminator: Salvation:
    0x004110C1 - Only for the combined modes MSAA + SSAA, otherwise aa works but not for all the edges. Recommended.
    0x004030C1 - Huge performance hit.

noAA:

0x004110C1 - 1x2SS + 4xMSAA:

0x004030C1 - 4xMSAA:
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (DX9 version) - 0x004030C1

noAA:

4xMSAA:
  • DarkSector - 0x004000C0

noAA:

1x2SS + 4xMSAA:
  • Timeshift - 0x004100C0

noAA:

8xMSAA:
  • Wanted: Weapons of Fate - 0x004032C1

noAA:

4xMSAA:
  • Bionic Commando:
    0x00421041 - Performance. Works, but not for all the edges.
    0x004030C1 - Quality. Huge performance hit.

noAA
    0x00421041 - 4xMSAA
    0x004030C1 - 4xMSAA
jackfuste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2011, 05:17 AM   #58
GanjaStar
Jalouise

oh wow, your on a roll

Halo 1, alone in the dark 2008 and gta IV , seem to be the last of the remaining few i can think of the top of my head

Now if you could share with us how you manage to pinpoint values such as these? I am very interested!

Last edited by GanjaStar : Jan 15, 2011 at 05:26 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 06:01 AM   #59
thales100

Quote:
gta IV
Omg that would be epic ...

Btw thanks jackfuste for the Bionic Commando flag, game was finally "fixed".

Last edited by thales100 : Jan 15, 2011 at 07:14 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 09:08 AM   #60
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Quote:
Now if you could share with us how you manage to pinpoint values such as these? I am very interested!
I am not asking, just pleased for the information, hehe!