Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jul 5, 2019, 02:00 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Default A quick update from Ozzie

Greetings all,

I haven't been around much, have had a lot on my plate recently.

In short:

Still running my own veterinary business, but have had to quit working 7 days a week plus nights, as my GP has started me on blood pressure medication thanks to stress. So I'm no longer working Sundays or nights now. I still feel like I'll need some long service leave though, because adding to the stress:

I've been site-managing the build of my detached extension on my property. The official site manager of the company running the build is pretty damned useless (I'm convinced by now he's not even a builder after watching the knob try to brace wooden beams with metal tec screws, **** up the simplest silicone sealing of a wall, etc), and I've had to baby-sit the entire project as sub-contractors fail to build according to the plans, half-ass parts of the job requiring me to jump on them to get it done right, and **** things up repeatedly and try to do work out-of-order, such that what should have been a 12 week build has now been a 7 month palaver. I'm hoping that will all be over with in 2 weeks, but this morning they ****ed up the bathroom for the third time...

Dad's dementia is getting worse, a lot less mentally engaged these days, looking lost a lot of the time, and now having issues with his gut, as is my mother who is dealing with her own medical issues. As soon as the extension is finished, my mum will move in behind me, and dad will go into assisted care because we can't take care of him effectively at home any more.

Add to that, my new Golden Retriever underwent major surgery a few weeks ago after the bastard decided to eat my couch while I was asleep. He eats everything, edible or not. He wears a baskerville muzzle while I'm not at home, and now he has to wear it while I'm asleep as well. (I tried crating him. He ate the crate, busting a tooth in the process.) Matilda is still alive and well and not eating everything in sight, and is getting on along well with Paddy. They frequently play by smacking the **** out of each other.

That's pretty much it. Maybe once building is done I'll have a bit more time to pop in around here and see what's what.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2019, 03:33 AM   #2
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Good to hear from you. Hopefully things will settle down soon, and you can take care of family and yourself with less stress.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2019, 08:23 AM   #3
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Glad to hear from you!

Have you thought about hiring a vet to cover for you.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 5, 2019, 08:37 AM   #4
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

wabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

OP talks about this doc putting him on BP meds due to stress.
Proceeds to talk about a shitload of things that are stressing him out.

Guys, stress will kill you. Be mindful of it.

Also....is new dog straight or gay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2019, 08:48 AM   #5
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Keep that chin up Ozzie, you'll get through it.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2019, 09:02 AM   #6
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Glad to hear you're still alive. Do whatever you have to to keep it that way.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2019, 10:26 AM   #7
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Take 10 minute breaks in your day to meditate.

Helps a lot in these situations. You will feel your spirit and mind "settle".

Sending you positive vibes!
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2019, 10:27 AM   #8
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

God be with you Oz, I took care of my Granmum with dementia in her later stages for 6 months. There were some pretty bad days but some good ones when she was with us. Eventually the docs put her in a home for her and our safety, it was heart wrenching. Glad to hear from you. Hope you pup can shake that eating issue. My beagle took a couple years and many hundreds of dollars in damages. Love that silly snoopy
Old Jul 5, 2019, 11:58 AM   #9
huskylord
Load Management

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbitslayer View Post
OP talks about this doc putting him on BP meds due to stress.
Proceeds to talk about a shitload of things that are stressing him out.

Guys, stress will kill you. Be mindful of it.

Also....is new dog straight or gay?
Agreed.
I thought Australia had a law that forced you to go on vacation and leave the country and make hot women.
huskylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2019, 01:25 PM   #10
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskylord View Post
Agreed.
I thought Australia had a law that forced you to go on vacation and leave the country and make hot women.
I thought only God could do that.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2019, 08:18 PM   #11
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Sounds like you've been dealing with a lot... but it also sounds like it's as under control as could be expected.

I hope things cool down for you soon so you can catch up on the ol' sanity

I'm sort of impressed that your dog wants to eat literally everything.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2019, 12:35 AM   #12
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Thanks for the support, all.

To answer the pressing questions:

Paddy isn't gay.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2019, 01:09 PM   #13
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Hey gay where were you at?
Don’t take stress. It makes you depressed.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2019, 04:03 PM   #14
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Hope you take it easy!
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2019, 09:37 PM   #15
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Take it easy homie and relax. You'll get through it all.

After everything is said and done, grab a 2080Ti for yourself and send a PM to KAC.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote