Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jul 4, 2019, 01:51 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Stranger Things:Season 3

Anyone start watching the new season yet? I watched the first two episodes last night and I plan on finishing it this weekend before people at work ruin it for me.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2019, 02:08 PM   #2
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch View Post
Anyone start watching the new season yet? I watched the first two episodes last night and I plan on finishing it this weekend before people at work ruin it for me.
Yeah, watching now.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2019, 02:14 PM   #3
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Three eps in, so far so good.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 8, 2019, 03:02 PM   #4
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Binged the 1st 6 eps yesterday. Is still a fine show but it did make me miss the 1st season.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 03:33 PM   #5
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

It gets off to a pretty slow start in the first two episodes just focusing on character and story setup stuff without really going anywhere, but thankfully by episode 3 the actual plot line starts to pick up. On episode 4 and enjoying it so far.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2019, 06:20 PM   #6
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Watched 3 episodes. Quite enjoy it. Robin is by far the best addition to the cast. It's also fun to see Steve stumble.

Kinda crazy when they did the flashback scene, the kids are so much older now.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2019, 08:02 PM   #7
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

GF and I watched it in two nights last week. Best out of the 3 seasons so far. Can't wait for season 4.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2019, 08:19 PM   #8
Dengin
Rage3D Veteran

Dengin is still being judged by the masses

Finished watching the season last night. Robin is awesome. Looking forward to seeing more of her. Of course with her pedigree (daughter of Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke) she's got a nice foundation. Enjoyed the season even though it's more of the same. Not sure how much more they can add in season 4 before it becomes too repetitive.
Dengin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2019, 08:36 PM   #9
Sabadin
Radeon R520

Sabadin is still being judged by the masses

On the one hand it was a bit annoying how hard they pushed "act like 80's Arnie" on the one character, on the other I couldn't help but admire the one guy making the Terminator theme on the cash register while taking to him.
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2019, 10:50 AM   #10
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Finished up last night so it made it a 2 day watch. This last season did not do it for me as much as the 1st. It seemed to be trying to hard, and one of the two endings was ack. The other was epic heroism and a great way to close out the season.

The Marvel like end credit scene was interesting.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:32 PM   #11
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The wait in between seasons is getting longer and the kids are outgrowing their age on the show. I am thinking the next season won't be until 2021 sometime.

It's also good to see that the quality of the show hasn't dropped.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2019, 01:33 PM   #12
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I binge watched it in 2 days, don't agree on it being the best ever, they need to change the story to something new. But yea the kids are starting to outgrow the show.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2019, 03:23 PM   #13
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I watched an episode or two and it didn't have the same magic it had for me. I admit I didn't give it a chance though so I'll try again.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2019, 08:34 AM   #14
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I've got 2 episodes left to watch and unless something drastically changes I think I'm going to have to say this is the worst season of the 3. Season 2 changed a bit from season 1 (for the worse IMO, but still very good) and I just chocked it up to sophomore slump and success killing a bit of the charm. But with season 3 they have lost all that charm completely. The show has become a parody of itself with forced comedy, and over the top action that was never a part of what this show is about. There was subtlety, mystery and great suspense to season 1 and there's none of that here in 3.

I find myself rolling my eyes a lot while watching and that never happened before with Stranger Things. Ah well, it was a great show while it lasted. But on the bright side at least they wont be stringing me along for 10 seasons and ruin it all in the end with a terrible sloppy climax like most other hit TV shows. I'm just going to bail after this season, but like I said unless something drastically changes for the better.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 12:51 PM   #15
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
I've got 2 episodes left to watch and unless something drastically changes I think I'm going to have to say this is the worst season of the 3. Season 2 changed a bit from season 1 (for the worse IMO, but still very good) and I just chocked it up to sophomore slump and success killing a bit of the charm. But with season 3 they have lost all that charm completely. The show has become a parody of itself with forced comedy, and over the top action that was never a part of what this show is about. There was subtlety, mystery and great suspense to season 1 and there's none of that here in 3.

I find myself rolling my eyes a lot while watching and that never happened before with Stranger Things. Ah well, it was a great show while it lasted. But on the bright side at least they wont be stringing me along for 10 seasons and ruin it all in the end with a terrible sloppy climax like most other hit TV shows. I'm just going to bail after this season, but like I said unless something drastically changes for the better.
I agree with this.

Also I was really confused by the russians in this. They were shown to be completely incompetent and a joke and not as an actual threat, like full on comical. Also these same joke russians built a super slick polished tunnel/base/elevator. Either they are competent or they aren't, you can't try to do both at the same time... The russians of that time were full on brutalism, the base shouldve been a rickey piece of **** tunnel with barely some concrete holding it up and function over any style form. But no, slick polished floors/neat wiring and electric go karts.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2019, 05:37 PM   #16
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Turned out i actually did enjoy the final 2 episodes, and the ending has me wanting to watch season 4.

Overall though i still wasn't impressed with season 3. They are just having a bit too much fun with the tropes now, and the story was full of cliche and lacked depth. I guess maybe its my fault though for taking it too seriously.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 04:02 PM   #17
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Finished the season. IMO it was ok but the show has lost it’s originality. I enjoyed it but it was pretty forgettable. Hopper’s death was sad though. I liked him. Poor Joyce must be cursed.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2019, 05:06 PM   #18
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Finished the season. IMO it was ok but the show has lost it’s originality. I enjoyed it but it was pretty forgettable. Hopper’s death was sad though. I liked him. Poor Joyce must be cursed.
He's not dead, either he's the American in the Cell at the Russian base ( 90% sure this is the case ) or he jumped in to the upside down before the machine exploded. He looks back at the break durring one scene.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2019, 07:22 PM   #19
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
He's not dead, either he's the American in the Cell at the Russian base ( 90% sure this is the case ) or he jumped in to the upside down before the machine exploded. He looks back at the break durring one scene.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:27 AM   #20
ugly
Radeon R520

ugly is still being judged by the masses

I agree that this season is the weakest. I didn't really care for the new cast additions, and the Russian aspect was a little too goofy. I know they're trying to be a throwback series and Russians were always the big bad guys in 80s movies. But now they're sacrificing storytelling for nostalgia.

It's tough when a show like this gets a few seasons in. A big draw to the story is the mystery, and that's pretty much already been covered. It would have been better if they used the Russian plotline as more of a mystery instead of revealing it in the opening scene.

Robin was okay. But the character type wore a little thin with her figuring out everything and basically being great at everything, while Steve and Dustin kind of just bumbled around.

Erica was terrible and annoying right from the start. On top of that, the show doesn't need more children since it's already struggling to find ways for the kids they already have to be useful.

The first couple of episodes seemed slow. They spent a lot of time on the childhood drama. Which is okay, you need to flesh out the characters. I thought the idea of exploring how some of the kids are growing up at different rates was interesting. It is something we all sort of go through, and doesn't get explored a whole lot on TV/movies. But then they just dropped it entirely at the end of the third episode, without any real conclusion and moved on to the supernatural stuff. Which is why it felt like a long, waste of time.

I also thought it was a little odd that, after all these characters have been through, they all go off and explore potentially dangerous things without telling each other what they're doing. And they kept the same groups of characters together too much. Even at the end when they finally all meet up in the mall, they all immediately split back up into the same groups they were in all season, which is a bit disappointing. And, for the most part, these are the same groups of characters that spent time together in the previous seasons. Last season they put Steve and Dustin together, which was kind of fun. So they should do a better job mixing it up a bit.

Everything in this season felt a little too over the top. Too much bickering, too much trying to be funny, too much ridiculous stuff with the Russians. Hopper was basically a cartoon all season.

The last three episodes were a lot better. And it does a pretty good job leaving you wanting more. So, despite my complaints, I did enjoy watching it. But not nearly as good as the first two seasons.
ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2019, 10:32 AM   #21
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

It was the Soviets back then, not the Russians. Russia was just part of the USSR. Referring to them as "Russians" and not "Soviets" is a glaring logical hole, unless they're pandering to a modern audience they think is too stupid to understand the difference between Soviet and Russian.

Regardless that whole "Russian" angle was a gigantic plot hole in itself. They were able to build that underground facility with no one noticing? None of their soldiers speak english? They're all wearing their Soviet dress uniforms?

Oh, and the mayor just happens to have a schematic hanging on his wall? Framed no less?

And it's so cool to call yourselves "The Duffer Brothers" rather than your real names! Because you have such a portfolio of films to associate that coolness with!
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2019, 10:37 AM   #22
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
This. My guess is #1

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2019, 10:54 AM   #23
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
This. My guess is #1
I totally missed that scene. Huh. Just goes to show that if you don't actually see the death on screen, or you don't see the body afterwards, it's likely a fake-out and the person will pop up later.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:34 PM   #24
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

It's my guess that the Soviets were keen on opening the gate in order to use it as jump gate for Soviet forces into the U.S.

I bet Hop, jumped in and made his way in the Soviet Union.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2019, 03:57 PM   #25
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
This. My guess is #1
I'm thinking both, actually.

explosion pushed him into the upside down.

fast forward maybe 5 years, and the Russians actually manage to get one of the devices to work on their home soil. They open a portal and extract a Demogorgon + Hopper.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2019, 03:15 PM   #26
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So finished S3.

It was good... but not close to S1 and S2.

And yea not seeing the kill....
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:33 PM   #27
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

S3 is in the can. I liked it almost as much as season 2. Nothing matches season 1. Next seasons probably wont either. I wouldve liked to see them go into the upside down and discover a bit more what that place is all about...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.4.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.6.2. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:38 PM   #28
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
The guard says to the other guard 'niet americansky' before he moves to the next cell to grab the gorgons snack... so ya def Hopper is rotting in a soviet gulag

Should make for an interesting psychological twist on the character if he ends up staying there for years...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.4.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.6.2. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2019, 06:21 AM   #29
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I enjoyed it but it's probably the weakest of the three seasons.

To me the cast felt too big, which is strange given it's probably not much bigger than previous seasons. Splitting them up into groups was just annoying. It would have been okay to swap people between groups, but that wasn't the case. They only really meet up at the end .... and then split apart again. The mayor was underused. The science teacher used once. The arnie russian guy was meh.

My issue, largely, is that it wasn't really personal. First season was about getting Will back. Second was about Will seeing visions and El getting used to living as a normal girl. Third is about Russians building a base in a mall and a meat monster tries to kill everybody. No school scenes. Not much home life scenes. The hanging out scenes (dnd) were always interrupted with something else. I was as frustrated as Will when he was trying to play dnd.

The other lame aspect was the fact that it didn't really have any upside-down world. I'm guessing they're saving it for next season but that would have been a nice thing to see people explore it or have other things come out of it.

Half of the scenes with El featured her in a blindfold trying to find somebody. BORING.

Erica was annoying, so was Dustin. In fact, by in large just about all the characters were less likeable than previous seasons. Robin and Alexei were good additions, but they can't save the season. At least the Mind Flayer visuals were

S1 - 9/10
S2 - 8/10 (ignoring the seventh episode abomination)
S3 - 7/10
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2019, 07:12 AM   #30
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

So...I turned off the show after the credits started to roll on ep8, so I completely missed the mid-credit scene. Went back and rewatched...yep, there's my answer.