Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:51 AM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Finished season 3 of Humans 7/10 for this series. Killed of my fav robot. Looking forward to season 4

Watched Kampher anime 6/10 for uber strange show about girls fighting and strangeness with stuffed animals with their guts on the outside. O_o

both were fun
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:12 AM   #272
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Pretty sure Humans was cancelled...

Watched A discovery of witches... meh twilight for thirty year olds... Season 2 looks to go Outlander.

Skipped onto NOS4A2 and thats not too bad for first 2 eps...

Gonna catch Preacher soon and again thats their last season... Hope they end it well or go off to finish it elsewhere. Tho the comics ran out of steam near the end maybe they can rewrite that...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.4.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.6.2. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:28 PM   #273
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yep, Humans is gone: (from WIKI)

Eight episodes were produced for the first series which aired between 14 June and 2 August 2015. The second eight-episode series was broadcast in the UK between 30 October and 18 December 2016. A third series was commissioned in March 2017 and aired eight episodes between 17 May and 5 July 2018. In May 2019, Channel 4 announced that the series had been cancelled.

Was a good run.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 17, 2019, 09:51 PM   #274
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Watched Chernobyl. 8/10. A bit too sensationalist for my taste and too much time jumping here and there.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:16 AM   #275
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

I think we can agree the only thing wrong with Chernobyl was it was too short.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.4.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.6.2. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2019, 06:54 AM   #276
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Watched Chernobyl. 8/10. A bit too sensationalist for my taste and too much time jumping here and there.
sensationalist? it wasnt exagerated though. it was toned down in various places too from reality
Old Jun 19, 2019, 07:50 AM   #277
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Rewatching 30 Rock. Also My Name is Earl with my son.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2019, 03:38 PM   #278
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

Rick and Morty

i've been told it's awesome.

I don't see it. The main old scientist guy is annoying as ****. what am i missing?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:33 PM   #279
ugly
Radeon R520

ugly is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne3d View Post
Rick and Morty

I don't see it. The main old scientist guy is annoying as ****. what am i missing?
I think I was a little on the fence for the first couple of episodes. Give it a few more.
ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2019, 09:12 PM   #280
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Rick and Morty

Concur, but I've only gotten in a few eps. The video they did voicing the RL courtroom dealio with the whacked defendant is priceless.

In other news . . . The Detour season four has started (TBS).

Old Jun 22, 2019, 10:39 PM   #281
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Rick and Morty

probably have too high expectations now...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2019, 05:04 PM   #282
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Watched the first ep of the new HBO series Euphoria.

So far, not much to it, but if you like teens farking and doping, this show's for you. Sidenote-- is everybody in the USA mentally ill now? There was only a singe character in the whole episode that I would consider normal.

Last edited by JZL : Jun 23, 2019 at 05:13 PM.
JZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2019, 01:30 PM   #283
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Big Love. Fascinating show.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2019, 09:49 PM   #284
JZL
Starship Trooper

Brockmire s3
Loudermilk s2
Black Monday s1
Old Jun 28, 2019, 11:50 AM   #285
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Just finished magical girl madoka magica 8/10

Was horrifying and awesome at the same time. One of the darkest anime I have seen since Elfin Leid

Watching impossibly cute girls fighting to the death and their worlds coming to a horrible end as their hopes and dreams come crashing down ending in various terror from mass suicide, apocalyptic weather at the end of days, mixed with imagery from the pit and the pendulum.

From 1st season flash back when you find out the universe perverts your greatest wish to power its engine at your expense and the people you love and hope to protect
Old Jun 30, 2019, 08:41 PM   #286
JZL
Starship Trooper

Corner Gas . . . Offbeat Canadian sitcom available on Prime.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:13 AM   #287
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
The movie is pretty decent.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 01:28 PM   #288
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Just finished Season 1 of Shooter. really enjoying it!

We dumped Designated Survivor a few episodes into season 3 after it jumped the shark, what the heck happened.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 02:13 PM   #289
Babel-17
Radeon R200

Babel-17 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBabel-17 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
Very likeable show!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yio3Pin43eA

Lol at the "You're one of us now".

Edit: P.S. "Shirt powers" is a thing, and when Brent Butt referred to his I knew that I was among friends.

Last edited by Babel-17 : Jul 5, 2019 at 02:49 PM.
Babel-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2019, 02:17 PM   #290
Babel-17
Radeon R200

Babel-17 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBabel-17 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The Middleman is a cult comedy classic imo, and worth re-watching. Feyd Rautha from the Dune miniseries! The suspicious Sheriff from The Santa Clarita Diet!

Lots of good trivia in the naming used in each episode. Dune got its share in one of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mi...28TV_series%29

https://film.avclub.com/the-middlema...ies-1798206623

Quote:
If Joss Whedon and Amy Sherman-Palladino collaborated on a secret-agent/science-fiction/superhero script, then handed it off to be directed by John Carpenter, with cinematography by Barry Sonnenfeld, the results might look a lot like The Middleman, a wonderfully eccentric TV series that ran for 12 episodes last summer on ABC Family before disappearing into the rarefied realm where “unjustly ignored” cultural artifacts await their promotion to “cult favorite” status.
Babel-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2019, 07:23 PM   #291
plastic bob
Crimbo

plastic bob once held a door open for a complete strangerplastic bob once held a door open for a complete strangerplastic bob once held a door open for a complete strangerplastic bob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I started watching Final Table. Binged through 7 episodes in 1 day. Wtf.
I just started this. It's a pretty cool concept, the show is decent so far.
plastic bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2019, 12:51 AM   #292
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Just binged season 3 of stranger things, was just ok and I really think they should come up with a different story rather then the same one happening over and over again.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:00 AM   #293
Dengin
Rage3D Veteran

Dengin is still being judged by the masses

Elementary is still amusing even after several seasons.
Legion season 3 started off well.
Marvel Agents of SHIELD, eh, starting to get easily distracted when that show is on.
Chernobyl, very well done. I actually liked episode 5, just understanding the cascade of failures was fascinating.
Dengin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2019, 12:00 PM   #294
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Dark (season 2) - WTF just happened?
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2019, 11:33 PM   #295
ugly
Radeon R520

ugly is still being judged by the masses

Kingdom

It's a Korean zombie show. It's only 6 episodes. Starts out really slow, with no zombies until pretty much the second episode. It's set in feudal Korea. It's got subtitles.

I wouldn't say it's incredible. I like it better than The Walking Dead. But it's shorter, so it's more about escaping the zombies rather than surviving long-term with humans inevitably being the bad guys over and over again. So it feels more like a zombie movie that's 6 hours long.

Futureman (season 2)

Didn't enjoy this one nearly as much as season 1. Season 1 was kind of a hidden gem. I had trouble getting into season 2. Wasn't as funny. More over-the-top. Kind of felt disjointed from the first season. I found my mind wandering a lot during the episodes, and for a show that's only a half hour long that's telling.
ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2019, 04:12 PM   #296
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Bing watched Jessica Jones last night. I liked it. Shame this is the last season I enjoyed all three seasons.
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2019, 08:57 AM   #297
Ryo-Ohki
Cabbit

Ryo-Ohki is still being judged by the masses

Star Trek TOS remastered on Netflix. There are some episodes I never got around watching...
Old Jul 16, 2019, 04:33 PM   #298
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo-Ohki View Post
Star Trek TOS remastered on Netflix. There are some episodes I never got around watching...
There's a fan favorite selection of 10 eps over on Prime that's pretty spot on.

New and improved HD From the Earth to the Moon on HBO.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 05:13 PM   #299
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Sleepy Hollow Complete Series.

Almost through the first season.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:17 AM   #300
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Dad and I finished the 2nd season of Shooter, still great. Looking forward to season 3