Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

Old Mar 16, 2010, 08:04 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
NissanNazi
Needs more boost!

NissanNazi is still being judged by the masses

Default XFX 4850 1 gig problem

Hello everyone long time no post! Anyway I have been fixing a computer for a co worker since he decided that getting his XFX 4850 to fit on his A8N-SLI motherboard was so important that he ripped the northbridge cooling fan off . Anyway I sourced out a brand new A8N-SLI premium with the heatpipe setup and swapped everything over.

Now when I try to boot up the system everything seems normal but there is no display and the LED's on the video card are both flashing 8 times then they go out. I did some research and it looks like one led means overheat and the other one means low power from the PSU. It has a cheap 600W PSU in it but it was working fine with the old setup. Any advice before I recommend a new PSU? I hope this isn't a bad motherboard I bought since it was still brand new and all the lights on it seem to indicate it's working fine.

One other thing I did notice is that when you start it up the fan spins very slow but if you unplug the PCI-E connector it spins at 100% and the overtemp LED comes on and stays on until you shut it down.

Last edited by NissanNazi : Mar 16, 2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 09:43 PM   #2
NissanNazi
Needs more boost!

NissanNazi is still being judged by the masses

Figured it out. It was indeed the brand new motherboard that was the problem. I threw and old Nvidia card in and it still wouldn't show anything on the screen. Put the old motherboard back in and swapped the heat pipe over to it and it is working fine.