Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jan 28, 2021, 09:15 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Jay20016

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
That is some next-level bullshit right there. Stopping people from buying certain stocks is straight up manipulation and helps those wanting to short the stock.

Robinhood should be catapulted to the Sun for this stunt.
Yup. They've figured out a way to protect themselves

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2021, 09:16 AM   #32
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
That is some next-level bullshit right there. Stopping people from buying certain stocks is straight up manipulation and helps those wanting to short the stock.

Robinhood should be catapulted to the Sun for this stunt.

The little guys are ****ing with the money.

Things will be done to prevent this from being successful.
Jkmetal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2021, 09:18 AM   #33
Jay20016

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkmetal23 View Post
The little guys are ****ing with the money.

Things will be done to prevent this from being successful.
That is the funny part. If a rival hedgefund did this to the people that were so nakedly exposed, they'd have been lauded with heaps of praise for their cunning. Bunch of random people with small stakes in it though? "We need some type of regulation!!!!" There are legit financial experts out there talking about how we might need to rethink the ability of the average man to play in the stock market, like, wtf?!

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 28, 2021, 09:26 AM   #34
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
That is the funny part. If a rival hedgefund did this to the people that were so nakedly exposed, they'd have been lauded with heaps of praise for their cunning. Bunch of random people with small stakes in it though? "We need some type of regulation!!!!" There are legit financial experts out there talking about how we might need to rethink the ability of the average man to play in the stock market, like, wtf?!

Know your betters has always been a part of human societies and if anything its rude health is covered by a coat of 'classless society' prop. 'Anyone' can make it....
Old Jan 28, 2021, 10:05 AM   #35
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Well glad I didn’t jump the AMC train yesterday.
Sad I didn’t jump the GME train yesterday.

KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2021, 10:29 AM   #36
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Well glad I didn’t jump the AMC train yesterday.
Sad I didn’t jump the GME train yesterday.

Now might be the time, the manipulation can't continue forever.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2021, 10:31 AM   #37
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

This is some serious ****. Most of the brokerages are not allowing the purchase of shares from GME, AMC and NOK. But the Wall Street firms still have their access.

This is straight up handicapping the squeeze put on by regular folks. How in the world is this even remotely legal?

I don't care if I lose my $300 bucs, as it is a pretty entertaining and learning exercise.

****, I can't even imagine what is going on with Nokia executives today. They must be like, WTF, no one can buy our stock!
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2021, 10:48 AM   #38
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
This is some serious ****. Most of the brokerages are not allowing the purchase of shares from GME, AMC and NOK. But the Wall Street firms still have their access.

This is straight up handicapping the squeeze put on by regular folks. How in the world is this even remotely legal?

I don't care if I lose my $300 bucs, as it is a pretty entertaining and learning exercise.

****, I can't even imagine what is going on with Nokia executives today. They must be like, WTF, no one can buy our stock!
I put in $750, about $575 of it into Gamestop, the rest in Naked and Nokia. Nokia probably not gonna do anything. I would have bought low this morning on Gamestop if they had allowed me, bump up to $1k invested, but this blatant corruption has really screwed me.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 10:55 AM   #39
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

If the internet and phone never existed, what they are pulling right now, would be closing the doors to the exchange and leaving everyday people locked outside.

Just so the Wall Street Hedge Funds can survive their short-selling bets, not go under and sink the little guy locked outside.

My brothers own their own financial firm, and they're like, this is the most gross thing they have ever witnessed.

This is corruption. Just bald-faced corruption.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 11:07 AM   #40
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

There she blows! what a chit show! Gamestop falling like a Boulder!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2021, 11:12 AM   #41
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Quote:
If the internet and phone never existed, what they are pulling right now, would be closing the doors to the exchange and leaving everyday people locked outside.

Just so the Wall Street Hedge Funds can survive their short-selling bets, not go under and sink the little guy locked outside.

My brothers own their own financial firm, and they're like, this is the most gross thing they have ever witnessed.

This is corruption. Just bald-faced corruption.

Certain people are not allowed to touch the money.

'Masters of the Universe' as a phrase seems to either have gotten into people's heads or be a little more truthful than we thought.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 11:16 AM   #42
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Hopefully you all got out in time, because it looks like its headed to the bottom!

Never seen a stock fall so fast.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 11:21 AM   #43
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

Honestly, I'm not selling my Nokia. I bet these idiots thought by literally taking away the ability of people to buy and sell that they somehow won.

I'm willing to leave my $220 in NOK alone, because honestly, I think all they did was piss people the **** off.

Let it ride.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 11:24 AM   #44
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

SELL SELL SELL SELL!!!!!!
Old Jan 28, 2021, 11:28 AM   #45
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Hopefully you all got out in time, because it looks like its headed to the bottom!

Never seen a stock fall so fast.
Look up the 2008 VW squeeze. It's the same.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 11:29 AM   #46
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
SELL SELL SELL SELL!!!!!!
No no no no. Buying more

Price is being pushed down by hedge funds trading their shorts, not by WSB selling.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 11:34 AM   #47
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

This is just fun not having any stake in it.

Its swinging back up! BUY BUY BUY BUY!!!!

Last edited by Nascar24 : Jan 28, 2021 at 11:41 AM.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 11:39 AM   #48
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

wtf, its spiking straight up again. Should have bought at $120
Old Jan 28, 2021, 11:46 AM   #49
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Quote:
This is just fun not having any stake in it.

Its swinging back up! BUY BUY BUY BUY!!!!
It is, in perverse way...
Old Jan 28, 2021, 11:51 AM   #50
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankan View Post
wtf, its spiking straight up again. Should have bought at $120
I rushed to set up a Fidelity account but it had already jumped over $200 again. Still got another share.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 11:56 AM   #51
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I rushed to set up a Fidelity account but it had already jumped over $200 again. Still got another share.
I say I should have bought but in reality i can't. I work for an investment bank so can't just buy shares, need to get approval even though I work in IT. Even have a fedility account already
Old Jan 28, 2021, 12:07 PM   #52
Jay20016

Odd that there are suspensions in trading immediately after the Wall Street dudes get to laddering the stock...

I'm in. I'm holding. Was wanting to go in more but can't get to a spot to buy any due to these trade restrictions. They're just making is angry with blatant manipulaton, the thing they're accusing us of.

Old Jan 28, 2021, 12:12 PM   #53
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2021, 12:24 PM   #54
Notbilly
not here

Notbilly is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
Notbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2021, 12:38 PM   #55
Jankan
Banged

From reddit "It’s unlikely anyone here is selling. This is a short ladder. It only looks like the stock is selling off, ini reality, it’s not. Hedge funds sell back and forth with one another at lower and lower bids in rapid succession, tricking algorithms into thinking there is a mass sell off when there actually isn’t. (They do this to scare off retail investors to engineer a sell off).

Once the attack is over, the stock will normally go back up due to its demand. Then they will rinse and repeat their attack, each time hoping to chip away more and more retail investors. Most people in here know this, so if retail investors are selling, it’s unlikely that it’s anyone at all"

So one should jump in when the prices is down
Old Jan 28, 2021, 12:52 PM   #56
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

It is all going to blow up at some point. If you could have bought 2000 shares at the beginning you could have paid off all your debt
Old Jan 28, 2021, 12:56 PM   #57
Jay20016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankan View Post
From reddit "It’s unlikely anyone here is selling. This is a short ladder. It only looks like the stock is selling off, ini reality, it’s not. Hedge funds sell back and forth with one another at lower and lower bids in rapid succession, tricking algorithms into thinking there is a mass sell off when there actually isn’t. (They do this to scare off retail investors to engineer a sell off).

Once the attack is over, the stock will normally go back up due to its demand. Then they will rinse and repeat their attack, each time hoping to chip away more and more retail investors. Most people in here know this, so if retail investors are selling, it’s unlikely that it’s anyone at all"

So one should jump in when the prices is down
They've cut us out of the ways for us to do this. Most retail brokers are only allowing you to sell your stuff, not buy.

They're trying to bait us into selling because the sky is falling. But, they misunderstand that most of us are in with the bit of money that we can lose. It isn't about the payout (which when it comes will be nice, don't get me wrong) it is about the message and how they've been able to try and rig the system against us to their benefit when they were caught nakedly short selling to the tune of 140%. They've pulled out their bazookas, tried to link the reddit page to the "Alt-Right", taken away the ability to buy the dips that they're just laddering on.... and yet, the line seems to be holding.

This is why they're doing everything they can to stop this from tanking even more funds. The $70 billion loss is from just this year alone due to shorts, not just this GameStop one mind you, but we know of at least ~$20 billion of that is in the last couple of days explicitly because of it. Those that are over leveraged on shorts are having to liquidate their portfolios which can be a reason why we're seeing some of the drops in other areas that seemingly don't have a reason.

Old Jan 28, 2021, 01:11 PM   #58
AllexxisF1
F- Insurrectionists

They can't stop us from buying forever.

Now that AOC and even Ted Cruz are threatening to haul their asses in front of Congress, let's see how big their balls are now.

Robinhood and others are in for a ****ing rude awakening.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 01:24 PM   #59
Jankan
Banged

These guys are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Funny to watch
Old Jan 28, 2021, 01:50 PM   #60
bill dennison
Banned

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
They can't stop us from buying forever.

Now that AOC and even Ted Cruz are threatening to haul their asses in front of Congress, let's see how big their balls are now.

Robinhood and others are in for a ****ing rude awakening.

can't get more opposite
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote