Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Aug 5, 2020, 10:57 AM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Honestly it is no hassle. I bought it because a dude delivered it to my house 1 day in advance. I sold it to a dude who came to my house to pick it up and paid me for it.

Now the only hassle would be I may need to go somewhere to get the copy. Worst case I may go digital by the time DLC comes as I may find it cheap.

You can mark me down as lazy then. I wouldnt want random people coming to my house either.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2020, 11:00 AM   #212
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

This is not US. Also yeah walking out the front door to my house is not an ordeal lol.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2020, 11:12 AM   #213
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
This is not US. Also yeah walking out the front door to my house is not an ordeal lol.

For sure. Merica.

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 5, 2020, 01:58 PM   #214
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Such a hassle lol. I dont resale cause sucker punch deserves not to have sale taken away from a used copy.
Much like piracy, a used copy sale does not equal a lost sale at retail.

There's no way to know for sure if the buyer would have ever paid for a new copy just because he couldn't find one used.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2020, 02:09 PM   #215
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Much like piracy, a used copy sale does not equal a lost sale at retail.

There's no way to know for sure if the buyer would have ever paid for a new copy just because he couldn't find one used.

Yeah but hes got a higher chance of buying a retail copy if there were no used copies available. Thats fine, my thoughts are mine alone not pushing it on anyone else.

Old Aug 5, 2020, 02:14 PM   #216
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Yeah but hes got a higher chance of buying a retail copy if there were no used copies available. Thats fine, my thoughts are mine alone not pushing it on anyone else.
Hey its all good. I just never like to see used sales of physical copies being discouraged for any reason. Its a blessing we still have physical copies at all. Wont be long before they are a thing of the past.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2020, 04:56 PM   #217
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

I get it, I am seriously loving this game. Right now it's my favorite open world game ever. It doesn't have the scale of many of the bigger titles. But that's what I like about it. It never feels like a chore exploring the map or finishing quests. Right now I am playing as a Ronin just so I am forced to get some parry skills. Combat is a lot of fun. I am getting so much better at standoffs, crowd control, different stances, and the power of ghost items. Honestly there are some build combinations that are too over-powered. I am on medium difficulty and could go to higher difficulty and use one of those builds. But, I like a more realistic combat scenario. So, learning on medium with less defensive capability is fun for me right now.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2020, 06:22 PM   #218
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

IF the enemies are alerted...and that's a big IF...my go to's are explosive arrows while they are still at a distance, then black powder bombs as they close the gap. Once they get close it's kunai + sticky bombs to thin the heard and a smoke bomb or two to chain assassinate the rest.

All of the above is only necessary if the blowgun kills + my fully upgraded ghost armor don't terrify the hell out of everyone with the charm that increases the odds to terrify by 25%.

I laugh my @ss off when my kill results in the guy puking up blood and everyone runs away pissing themselves

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2020, 06:40 PM   #219
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
IF the enemies are alerted...and that's a big IF...my go to's are explosive arrows while they are still at a distance, then black powder bombs as they close the gap. Once they get close it's kunai + sticky bombs to thin the heard and a smoke bomb or two to chain assassinate the rest.

All of the above is only necessary if the blowgun kills + my fully upgraded ghost armor don't terrify the hell out of everyone with the charm that increases the odds to terrify by 25%.

I laugh my @ss off when my kill results in the guy puking up blood and everyone runs away pissing themselves
I usually just waltz in and demand a standoff. Stealthing around takes too long. If it gets too crazy, I just run like a big pussy. All of the other techniques you said work great unless I screw up. So, I have been leaning a lot less on stealth kills anyway. My uncle would be proud.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2020, 08:04 PM   #220
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I found the sword fights take longer. Maybe it’s just how we read the environment differently. I can pick out the patrol paths and weaknesses pretty quickly, and am usually silently killing 3/4 of the camp in like 2 minutes

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Old Aug 5, 2020, 08:48 PM   #221
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I stopped stand offs when I got the ability to leap and strike from horseback. That was a lot of fun.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 10:29 PM   #222
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Towards the end I was doing only standoffs (5 kills) and then Kunai plus fireblade. Was cutting through idiots like a true Samurai. No dishonorable ghost weapons.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 10:44 PM   #223
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Quote:
Towards the end I was doing only standoffs (5 kills) and then Kunai plus fireblade. Was cutting through idiots like a true Samurai. No dishonorable ghost weapons.
In guerilla warfare there are no rules. You win by any means necessary. Screw the enemy. I'm gonna make them wet their pants and run crying home to their mums...where you're waiting to rump them both.

Alpha

Omega

Old Aug 6, 2020, 04:14 AM   #224
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
In guerilla warfare there are no rules. You win by any means necessary. Screw the enemy. I'm gonna make them wet their pants and run crying home to their mums...where you're waiting to rump them both.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 05:11 AM   #225
KAC
That postcount though...

I used fear a bit as well but then reverted back to honorable things like doing all your mums.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 06:20 AM   #226
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Can you respec?

Quote:
If conversation with people that we disagree with becomes impossible, what is the way that we solve conflict?... It's violence. — Bari Weiss, journalist
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2020, 06:32 AM   #227
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Can you respec?
no, but you get so many techpoints that you don't need to

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2020, 08:51 AM   #228
KAC
That postcount though...

Absolutely no need to respec in this game.
Old Yesterday, 12:45 AM   #229
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
If conversation with people that we disagree with becomes impossible, what is the way that we solve conflict?... It's violence. — Bari Weiss, journalist
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote