Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jan 14, 2019, 06:55 AM   #331
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch View Post
Started Chapter 4....expect every mission started by another member of the gang to pretty much go horribly wrong!
Word. This happens all the way till epilogue.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2019, 03:57 PM   #332
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'm pretty much done with RDR2, except for a few side missions I think, but even those are running out. I'm not so interested in the grindy stuff (hunting, collecting, challenges). I miss the old days of GTA3, where you had unlimited side jobs by way of the taxi, police, ambulance and fire truck vehicles. I would've loved a sort of generated bounty missions. I guess that's what the RDO component is for, eventually?

I have really enjoyed RDR2 for what's there though, it's an achievement in storytelling, world building and technical excellence, and a good game as well.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 07:56 PM   #333
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Wonder why they decided to remove real-time carriages? You could travel real-time from place to place in rdr

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 29, 2019, 08:32 PM   #334
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I just read through this thread after not checking it out for awhile and following KAC's posts of slowly falling in love with the game was awesome.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 09:13 PM   #335
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstew View Post
I just read through this thread after not checking it out for awhile and following KAC's posts of slowly falling in love with the game was awesome.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:23 PM   #336
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I just finished the game yesterday. It took me a month to finish it. It's definitely a masterpiece. I hadn't read anything about the game so I went into the game pretty much blind and it didn't disappoint.

My game of the year was either going to be this or God of War and this one is it.

This night be one of the only games that I double dip on if it hits PC. This game in Ultrawide at a smooth 60 would be ridiculous.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:05 PM   #337
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

So I ****ing hate this game. I think its one of the worse games I have ever played. It does not respect the player at all. Its like if you were an actor and anytime you tried to stray a single moment off script it smacks you in the face and tells you to restart.

It looks beautiful, it has great production with the acting an animation and I am even loving the story but playing it is just ****ing terrible.

The controls are like Rockstar saw all the complaints about The Witcher 3 and thought they could do worse. It feels sluggish and not intuitive at all. The fact that some buttons do one thing and when you expect it to continue doing it, it just changes. There is no consistency with them.

Lets not forget that its an open world with free roam presented from the second you get to valentine but once you are in a mission its more linear than an Uncharted Game. You can't even do combat the way you want. "Oh you want to use that nice pistol you love for this mission? **** you! You will use the carbine and like it." Enemy running away from you at the start of the mission, don't ****ing try to be smart and jump on a horse to catch him... ****ing run instead!

Yeah some could like it but it was not my cup of tea at all.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:34 PM   #338
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
So I ****ing hate this game. I think its one of the worse games I have ever played. It does not respect the player at all. Its like if you were an actor and anytime you tried to stray a single moment off script it smacks you in the face and tells you to restart.

It looks beautiful, it has great production with the acting an animation and I am even loving the story but playing it is just ****ing terrible.

The controls are like Rockstar saw all the complaints about The Witcher 3 and thought they could do worse. It feels sluggish and not intuitive at all. The fact that some buttons do one thing and when you expect it to continue doing it, it just changes. There is no consistency with them.

Lets not forget that its an open world with free roam presented from the second you get to valentine but once you are in a mission its more linear than an Uncharted Game. You can't even do combat the way you want. "Oh you want to use that nice pistol you love for this mission? **** you! You will use the carbine and like it." Enemy running away from you at the start of the mission, don't ****ing try to be smart and jump on a horse to catch him... ****ing run instead!

If you feel that way early on, don't worry: it only gets worse.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 09:35 PM   #339
KAC
KAC

Quote:

Did you get past Chapter 2?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:49 PM   #340
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Did you get past Chapter 2?
No because the controls and mission structure pissed me off and if you use the excuse that i need to put another 10+ hours into to get use to it then **** off because that is a bad excuse. I hate reading about how the game gets good after chapter 2 and so on. If that's the case then I was right by saying it's a terrible ****ing game. You shouldn't be forced to sit through **** till the game gets fun...
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:07 AM   #341
KAC
KAC

They are introducing a lot of control mechanics. By chapter 2 you will be a pro. Stick with it and you will fall in love. You already paid for it so what’s the harm?
Old Feb 4, 2019, 08:40 AM   #342
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
No because the controls and mission structure pissed me off and if you use the excuse that i need to put another 10+ hours into to get use to it then **** off because that is a bad excuse. I hate reading about how the game gets good after chapter 2 and so on. If that's the case then I was right by saying it's a terrible ****ing game. You shouldn't be forced to sit through **** till the game gets fun...
You couldn't be more wrong.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:07 AM   #343
clerick
tfw

clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:

I agree with you entirely. It's beautiful visually but plays like total **** and the actual story missions suck.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:53 AM   #344
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I always have to stop and join in whenever the camp is singing this one:

SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:55 AM   #345
KAC
KAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post
I agree with you entirely. It's beautiful visually but plays like total **** and the actual story missions suck.
Gays.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:17 AM   #346
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I'm liking it so far, but I'd be annoyed too if it starts locking me into only doing certain things during missions.

Story seems good, I'm in Chapter 2 now.

Graphics to me are a mixed bag on the PS4 Pro. When taking the entire scene in as a whole, it's pretty darn good. Good scenery, lots of movement and details. It approaches a believable world that goes on whether or not you're there. However, it's not as sharp as I'd like it to be. Sometimes it looks pretty great, and a lot of other times it seems real blurry as if the resolution dropped dramatically. I suspect this game is using dynamic resolution of some sort, because everything is slightly blurry 80% of the time and **** loses a lot.of detail. It's kind of annoying.

Graphics I give a 7/10 so far. I want crisp 4k, not slightly soft images with things losing detail not far from the camera. Boo consoles. Sound is mostly good, but I really wish the dialogue was done better. Running around the game world it's quiet, cut scenes are good volume. Weird.

-----------

Update:. Turns out the blurriness I'm complaining about is a thing and apparently it's being worked on. I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned it or is bothered by this. Guess I really am picky.

https://segmentnext.com/2018/11/03/r...-pro-graphics/

Last edited by OverclockN' : Feb 13, 2019 at 11:32 AM.
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2019, 03:57 PM   #347
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

"some users," might be that the few people that have a PS4 pro here do not have the issue.

strange that it's only affecting some consoles and not all
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2019, 08:18 PM   #348
KAC
KAC

Didn’t have blur in X1X.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:33 PM   #349
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It could be 4K checkboard stuff because it always looks sharp and clean on my 1080 plasma screen. In fact, it looks amazing.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2019, 06:48 AM   #350
KAC
KAC

Yeah I think the PS4 PRO is very aggressive with lowering resolution compared to X1X.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:41 AM   #351
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
It could be 4K checkboard stuff because it always looks sharp and clean on my 1080 plasma screen. In fact, it looks amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Yeah I think the PS4 PRO is very aggressive with lowering resolution compared to X1X.
The article claimed it was tied to an issue with the checkerboard way of rendering the image. Sometimes it looks good, most of the time it's just blurry and washed out. I personally think it's a combination of the checkerboard issue and dynamic resolution.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 01:23 PM   #352
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Ive just learned to train my brain not to delve to deep into the visuals on a console. I take it for what it is and what a console can provide. Still one of the best looking games to date IMO.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2019, 09:55 AM   #353
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This and God of War both need my time to continue and finish, saying that ive also got Horizon Zero Dawn to finish (and not the DLC). Not enough time in the day.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 03:03 PM   #354
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Riding around in the countryside listening to all the birds, insects, wind, and running water while looking at the pretty scenery is downright peaceful.

Getting a little better at the gunplay after killing all auto aim, cranking the sensitivity on everything, and killing all deadzones. Much better.

Game has some awkward stuff going on. I stop in a particular spot and set up camp, and it moves the camp to a different spot automatically. What the hell is that about? Pretty annoying. One time, the screen just randomly went black while I was out in the wild, then it came back and I was reset back at the Overlook camp. WTF? The quickdraw stuff is kind of annoying.

Story is decent so far, and I like all the details in the game.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:24 AM   #355
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

I got a few hours into Act II and decided to restart. I feel like I am missing so much for some reason.

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Zotac Amp gtx 1080 - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2019, 03:32 AM   #356
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another definition of a hero is someone who is concerned about other people's well-being, and will go out of his or her way to help them -- even if there is no chance of a reward. That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2019, 01:52 PM   #357
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I started it back up thanks to OverclockN' talking to me about it and I'm hooked again. Realized that despite playing for about 30 hours, I did virtually nothing in the main game and didn't even get to the point of being able to fish Playing through now and doing some main mission stuff got me hooked again, and fishing is friggin awesome. Working on the legendary fish at the moment.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2019, 05:06 PM   #358
Jay20016
Truth Doesn't Make Fact

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
I started it back up thanks to OverclockN' talking to me about it and I'm hooked again. Realized that despite playing for about 30 hours, I did virtually nothing in the main game and didn't even get to the point of being able to fish Playing through now and doing some main mission stuff got me hooked again, and fishing is friggin awesome. Working on the legendary fish at the moment.
I beat it a while back and still come back to it for some of the legendary things because I find it relaxing to just venture off into the woods, track some things that I need for specific items / side quests, and just play my own "story." There are a lot of funny things to stumble upon just being out in the open world.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2019, 04:19 PM   #359
Athena
Radeon Sea Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

20 bucks off on Best Buys flash sale. But it ends in just a few hours
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/s...d-redemption-2
Old Mar 1, 2019, 09:20 PM   #360
KAC
KAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
20 bucks off on Best Buys flash sale. But it ends in just a few hours
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/s...d-redemption-2
Yes, that's what flash sale means.