Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jun 4, 2020, 09:44 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

In the past I would agree but Nvidia is a serious threat to Intel because of the innovation of nvidia's compute, Ai and data centers and their growth potential. Intel can't allow this to happen.without a fight.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 10:13 PM   #62
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
In the past I would agree but Nvidia is a serious threat to Intel because of the innovation of nvidia's compute, Ai and data centers and their growth potential. Intel can't allow this to happen.without a fight.
Nvidia is the odd man out with no x86 license

and AMD APU's and Intel integrated graphics ( that this Intel foray into GPU's may help ) is killing the low and low midrange video cards

AMD's new game consoles APU's will kill high midrange video cards

the only thing Nvidia will have is data centers and high end 1k+ video cards
and they need AMD's or Intel CPU's for their data centers
and AMD will be cutting into that soon most likely

and Intel and AMD do work together much more than Nvidia will work with anyone else with all their proprietary BS
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2020, 12:38 AM   #63
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Based on their size and the money they pull in, you'd think Intel would be a legitimate threat, but right now they can't even manage to get their processors on par with those of a competitor with less than 1/10th the revenue. That makes me skeptical about how much success they're going to have in GPUs, where they don't have a successful development track record at all. Historically, Intel has actually done pretty poorly at expanding outside of its X86 bread and butter. They didn't have much success in breaking into mobile, for example.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 5, 2020, 08:14 AM   #64
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Based on their size and the money they pull in, you'd think Intel would be a legitimate threat, but right now they can't even manage to get their processors on par with those of a competitor with less than 1/10th the revenue. That makes me skeptical about how much success they're going to have in GPUs, where they don't have a successful development track record at all. Historically, Intel has actually done pretty poorly at expanding outside of its X86 bread and butter. They didn't have much success in breaking into mobile, for example.
Agreed.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2020, 02:38 PM   #65
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Agreed.
Intel is lost in a fog .

AMD pulled a golden rabbet out of the hat with Ryzen's glue and most likely patented it six ways to Sunday

can Intel even use any type of chiplet design without a patent lawsuit at this point ?

they got the money but are stuck with a monolithic CPU design that is not going to last and costs more and more every node
Old Jun 5, 2020, 03:13 PM   #66
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

They may be in a fog but found their way to record revenue. Not too bad for a company lost in the fog.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 05:07 PM   #67
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
They may be in a fog but found their way to record revenue. Not too bad for a company lost in the fog.
so did AMD

and like NV Intel have their faithful that won't use AMD or would not but that is slowly shrinking
if zen 3 is faster single core also like they say more people will switch

even NV just dropped Intel CPU's for their data centers and went with AMD and you know that had to hurt Jensen to use AMD

unless they can pull a rabbit out soon also their next few lakes are going to be dry soon
Old Jun 5, 2020, 05:21 PM   #68
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
If I were you I'd start getting the lube ready, this is gonna hurt!
I thought the exact same thing he did when I spent that much on my 1080ti, because it just seemed pricing was getting out of hand. Then Nvidia says, "but wait there's more!"

I am prepared and ready with lube for this upcoming generation, because I'm about to have to bend over and take it.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2020, 05:27 PM   #69
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
I thought the exact same thing he did when I spent that much on my 1080ti, because it just seemed pricing was getting out of hand. Then Nvidia says, "but wait there's more!"

I am prepared and ready with lube for this upcoming generation, because I'm about to have to bend over and take it.

here you go
for AMD

for NV

https://www.amazon.com/LubeLife-Pers.../dp/B07FMGNV51

Last edited by bill dennison : Jun 5, 2020 at 05:36 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 05:59 PM   #70
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post

Don't worry bud, you'll be in good company here.

yoz

Last edited by acroig : Jun 5, 2020 at 06:06 PM.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2020, 07:14 PM   #71
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
so did AMD

and like NV Intel have their faithful that won't use AMD or would not but that is slowly shrinking
if zen 3 is faster single core also like they say more people will switch

even NV just dropped Intel CPU's for their data centers and went with AMD and you know that had to hurt Jensen to use AMD

unless they can pull a rabbit out soon also their next few lakes are going to be dry soon
Imho,

And a great job by Amd overcoming obstacles to achieve it. Same can be said for Intel with the obstacles of their10nm and the tick-tock strategy. With both having obstacles yet achieving record revenue for their respective companies.

Intel and Nvidia are working on chiplet innovation from horizontal to vertical.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 05:57 PM   #72
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Jon Peddie Research's latest discrete graphics processing unit (GPU) report reveals that AMD was sitting on nearly 31% of the market in the first quarter of 2020. That was a nice jump from the prior-year period's market share of nearly 22.7%, which means that NVIDIA has lost substantial ground to its smaller rival.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/...p-up-pace.aspx
Old Jul 5, 2020, 09:19 PM   #73
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

I missed this post Bill. That quote is correct but not 100 percent accurate. Amd gained that much year-to-year but actually lost discrete share sequentially to Nvidia. The person left that part out.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 05:54 PM   #74
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 3060 Mainstream $300-$400 Ampere Gaming Graphics Cards Rumored To Feature GA106 GPUs, GA107 Entry-Level Ampere GPU Taped Out Too
Quote:
If these NVIDIA Gaming GPUs are indeed taped out a few weeks back, then this would suggest that we shouldn't expect these cards to enter the retail segment anytime soon. The same was true for the GeForce RTX 2060 which was introduced four months after the GeForce RTX 2080. NVIDIA may initially be planning to target the high-end enthusiast cards from AMD based on its RDNA 2 GPUs.
https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-...u-specs-rumor/

if taped out a few weeks back it will be 6+ months for the 3060

does fit with a end of September maybe October time frame for the 3080/90
Old Jul 9, 2020, 06:35 PM   #75
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

I think the A-106 derivatives may offer Rtx gaming for the 230-299 price points.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 02:51 AM   #76
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

Mainstream $400 gpu. Good times.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 06:23 PM   #77
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Anyone sell a 2080ti ahead of time to try and get some money back before the major depreciation hits? How much did you get?

Kinda considering selling my 2080ti and then picking up a 1080ti or 5700xt to hold me over.
EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra
Addlink S70 2TB
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2020, 01:29 AM   #78
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Anyone sell a 2080ti ahead of time to try and get some money back before the major depreciation hits? How much did you get?

Kinda considering selling my 2080ti and then picking up a 1080ti or 5700xt to hold me over.
I've thought about it, but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. It's hard to know what to do when the performance and pricing rumors are all across the board. Also don't know how many months out they are. Could still be like 4-5 months for aftermarket cards.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2020, 03:13 PM   #79
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I think you're right. A used or open box 5700 xt goes for around $400 on ebay, $500 for a 1080ti non dustbuster edition. Selling a 2080ti would gross around $1000 so about $600 held over after buying the temp card. That doesn't include the ebay gouge either. So, very much debatable when you factor that in and the unknowns as well.
EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra
Addlink S70 2TB
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2020, 03:51 PM   #80
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
I think you're right. A used or open box 5700 xt goes for around $400 on ebay, $500 for a 1080ti non dustbuster edition. Selling a 2080ti would gross around $1000 so about $600 held over after buying the temp card. That doesn't include the ebay gouge either. So, very much debatable when you factor that in and the unknowns as well.
putting a 2080 ti up on Ebay for 1000 would most likely see you lose it to a scam buyer
Old Jul 11, 2020, 06:26 PM   #81
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
putting a 2080 ti up on Ebay for 1000 would most likely see you lose it to a scam buyer
Its definitely something that can happen but for the most part its not as bad as you think. I did sell probably over 250 items and only had one jackass screw me.
Nascar24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2020, 07:12 PM   #82
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Its definitely something that can happen but for the most part its not as bad as you think. I did sell probably over 250 items and only had one jackass screw me.
maybe

but i have that kind of luck that i will always get that jackass the first time

i just pass them down to my other systems or my sister by the time that is done they are old and too out of date to sell

like i will be retiring a gtx 980 poseidon this upgrade as it is on the bottom
Old Jul 11, 2020, 08:22 PM   #83
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Just gonna re-use my 2080Ti in my office PC which also serves as my VR gaming PC. Will be a decent upgrade for VR games, currently have GTX 1080 in there.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 08:42 PM   #84
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Just gonna re-use my 2080Ti in my office PC which also serves as my VR gaming PC. Will be a decent upgrade for VR games, currently have GTX 1080 in there.
hopefully i will replace the 2080 ti with a navi 2x and the 2080 ti can replace my 1080 ti in my threadripper system and i can get back to having both NV and AMD for gaming
and the 1080 ti can replace the 980 in the 4k bike trainer

will be lots of driver updates
Old Jul 12, 2020, 11:09 AM   #85
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-r...ics-cards-soon

production stopping on RTX 2000 series.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2020, 02:24 PM   #86
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Thats a bit odd as they were on a different node. 12nm isnt taking away from 7nm factories. So how does that make 'more room'. They either have plenty of stock for the next several months or they arent selling.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.5.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.7.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2020, 04:15 PM   #87
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Thats a bit odd as they were on a different node. 12nm isnt taking away from 7nm factories. So how does that make 'more room'. They either have plenty of stock for the next several months or they arent selling.
Quote:
The cards are manufactured on an optimized 14 nm node from TSMC, named 12 nm FinFET NVIDIA (FFN).

most likely TSMC wants to make room for more 7nm and 5nm node stuff

and what else but NV is on that 14/12 node

and NV is going to Samsung
Old Yesterday, 01:01 AM   #88
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Well the products are at the end of life, plus while they are on a different node that's still taking space up in a factory that otherwise could be something else being produced.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM   #89
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Prep the lube we are getting close! I’m just hoping we get to see both AMD and Nvidia offerings at the same time along with prices.
Nascar24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM   #90
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Prep the lube we are getting close! I’m just hoping we get to see both AMD and Nvidia offerings at the same time along with prices.
waiting on AMD no matter what .

it will either be good enough to buy

or less likely it may drop NV's price

the real question is if AMD is first and it is 50% faster than a 2080 ti do i wait on NV ?

AMD is being very quiet on the GPU side