Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support Discussion and Technical support forum for AMD's Radeon Software.

Old Dec 15, 2010, 05:17 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
CHIPS
The Overmind

CHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Blurry, Fuzzy text in games after installing Catalyst 10.12.

I am not sure if anyone else have this problem. But ever since I installed Catalyst 10.12 my text in game became kind of blurry/fuzzy. The text on MS Word and google chrome are still crystal clear. However in games such as Guild Wars and Starcraft II the text are blurry/fuzzy. It is making it hard to read the text on the high resolution that I am running at (1600/1200).

When I was still using 10.10 the texts looked fine at this resolution. I use a CRT monitor MAG 996PF that is working fine.

"Humans in general are very self-interested, while expecting all other humans around them to be selfless."
"Sometimes, it is not about whatever you can do something or not. It is about, if you cannot do it, who else can?"
"A difficult task might stop you from getting it done. But it cannot stop you from trying your best."
"Who you hang out with is who you will become" "Do not act on feelings, but act on facts"
"It does not matter how other people sees you. What matters is how you see yourself." "Some pains are sharp, but short. Some pains are dull, but long."
"I killed you ten times with my knife and you killed me 13 times with a gun so I pwned you!" -Crawdaddy79
"Gorgeous white girls everywhere with that "I'M SOOO HOT AND YOU CAN'T HAVE ME" bullsh** attitude" -gts007
"If you wasn't in my way, I wouldn't have shot you" -Kamille Bidan, Zeta Gundam
"It is easy to give up. Anyone can do it. But I choose the hard path." -Beyond
"If women can't compete with video games for our attention its their problem, not ours." -sumpwa

Last edited by CHIPS : Dec 15, 2010 at 05:20 PM.
CHIPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2010, 06:17 PM   #2
ChoGGi
Radeon R100

ChoGGi is still being judged by the masses

sounds like Morphological Anti-Aliasing (MLAA) is enabled
you can disable in the 3d settings
ChoGGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2010, 11:05 PM   #3
CHIPS
The Overmind

CHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoGGi View Post
sounds like Morphological Anti-Aliasing (MLAA) is enabled
you can disable in the 3d settings
Thx. That fixed the problem. Reading up on MLAA I think I know what is going on. Since MLAA is a post rendering AA it mixes the text with the background.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ts,2776-4.html

The performance, when compared with standard AA, is impressive. However the draw back is the blurring of the texts in game.

"Humans in general are very self-interested, while expecting all other humans around them to be selfless."
"Sometimes, it is not about whatever you can do something or not. It is about, if you cannot do it, who else can?"
"A difficult task might stop you from getting it done. But it cannot stop you from trying your best."
"Who you hang out with is who you will become" "Do not act on feelings, but act on facts"
"It does not matter how other people sees you. What matters is how you see yourself." "Some pains are sharp, but short. Some pains are dull, but long."
"I killed you ten times with my knife and you killed me 13 times with a gun so I pwned you!" -Crawdaddy79
"Gorgeous white girls everywhere with that "I'M SOOO HOT AND YOU CAN'T HAVE ME" bullsh** attitude" -gts007
"If you wasn't in my way, I wouldn't have shot you" -Kamille Bidan, Zeta Gundam
"It is easy to give up. Anyone can do it. But I choose the hard path." -Beyond
"If women can't compete with video games for our attention its their problem, not ours." -sumpwa
CHIPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 16, 2010, 11:22 AM   #4
karlotta
they are real

karlotta is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIPS View Post
The performance, when compared with standard AA, is impressive. However the draw back is the blurring of the texts in game.
Blurring in older games, hopefully Devs will put the text in the right spot for this "new" AA.
karlotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:26 PM   #5
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIPS View Post
Thx. That fixed the problem. Reading up on MLAA I think I know what is going on. Since MLAA is a post rendering AA it mixes the text with the background.

http://www.rage3d.com/reviews/video/.../index.php?p=4
http://www.rage3d.com/articles/catal.../index.php?p=7
Fix'd that for ya
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 11:06 PM   #6
Falkentyne
Radeon R520

Falkentyne is still being judged by the masses

Caveman:
I thought MLAA was NOT supposed to work with XP, because it used some directcompute thing...?

In my XP install, it apparently works just fine...?
Falkentyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2010, 02:34 AM   #7
Tizen
Custom User Title

Tizen is still being judged by the masses

Can't. Unless you managed to install DirectX10/11