Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Operating Systems
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Operating Systems Discussion topics on operating systems including all iterations of Windows, Linux, MacOS, BeOS, etc.

Old Oct 10, 2019, 08:37 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Default MacOS Catalina

Catalina dropped on Tuesday. Any other Mac users install it? Seems to have caused a stir in the DJ community by removing iTunes and support for custom playlist XMLs that they usually create to share. Most other changes seem yawn-inducing and unnecessary.

Finder still sucks, but a quick update to MacPilot solves that.

Remember the days when an OS upgrade was exciting and introduced new, cool things?
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2019, 12:00 PM   #2
dodger
Doggy

dodger is still being judged by the masses

I'm following Ars Technica's advice and waiting for .1 or maybe .2 as iOS 13 rollout was less than stellar. Also won't be able to play Homeworld Remastered after the switch (not that I play that game much anymore). Which reminds me I still get nags about Steam not being 64bit (even though Activity Monitor says it is?) which means I might have to do some gymnastics to get that working again.

As for the features, well both my iMac and my iPad are too old for sidecar and that was the only real thing I was looking forward to.
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2019, 07:01 PM   #3
dodger
Doggy

dodger is still being judged by the masses

How is Catalina working out? Apple released a second supplemental update today. Currently playing more Homeworld Remastered before taking the plunge!
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 21, 2019, 07:48 PM   #4
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I haven't encountered any issues with it. Then again, I don't use any 32-bit apps and I don't miss iTunes one bit (those were the main gripes AFAIK).
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote