Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Apr 24, 2019, 03:02 PM   #1081
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
OverclockN' checked it out at a friend's house - Meh, not much to do.

Meteor_of_War checks his logged hours in BotW - well over 100.

What the hell was I doing?
Thought the same, but we had the same conversation before in a different thread. Different strokes for different folks.

I probably clocked in 120-130 hours.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2019, 03:06 PM   #1082
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Yeah I considered posting a rebuttal to the discussion here but hesitated since this is not the Zelda BotW thread, and I already posted all my thoughts there.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:57 PM   #1083
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

You guys aren't understanding. Lack of things to do is probably a bad description on my part. The point was that the world feels empty and lonely. Every Zelda has felt this way. Perhaps better left to it's own thread, but that was the point we were making.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 25, 2019, 08:46 AM   #1084
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
You guys aren't understanding. Lack of things to do is probably a bad description on my part. The point was that the world feels empty and lonely. Every Zelda has felt this way. Perhaps better left to it's own thread, but that was the point we were making.
OK yeah that makes sense now, and I agree.

All console Zelda games after Link to the Past do feel very wide open and baron most of the time. I think this is mostly because of the technology of the time, trying to make a big open world with limited processing power and memory. But with BotW I don't really feel its the case. Aside from a few areas of the game, every few feet you walk there's something interesting to see or do. Only thing is though, with BotW its more of a sandbox type game and takes some imagination and creativity of the player to make things happen.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:48 AM   #1085
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Sold a lappy and used some of the money to get some more Switch games. 1st is LA Noir. Game is cart based but also has a huge install so have not got to play yet. Really looking forward to playing this portable. I have found I play a lot more now that I have my Switch. Same games I had on PC I enjoy a lot more on the Switch like Diablo, visual novels and adventure games. Thought I wold give this game a try as well and see how it holds up on the Switch.
Old May 25, 2019, 07:10 AM   #1086
Arrowhead
to the knee.

Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Realm Royale is out now on the Switch. Runs better than Fortnite.
Arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:14 AM   #1087
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The zelda remake has a really neat look.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:15 AM   #1088
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I'm buying that ****ing mana collection as soon as it's available.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:16 AM   #1089
Mangler
PC

And how the **** did they get The Witcher 3 running on the switch?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:44 AM   #1090
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Ahhh now we got some titles I want on Switch.

Aside from the usual Nintendo exclusives (Smash, Mario, etc) the Mana collection, Dragon Quest XI (even though I never played it lol.) No More Heroes 3, Final Fantasies (Crystal Chronicles, looking at you), Animal Crossing....

I'll see if I can acquire a Switch during Christmas Or maybe hold off for a Switch Pro if that's a real thing.

edit: oh snap theres gonna be a BOTW sequal...I better go finish that game lol.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense

Last edited by Sasquach : Jun 11, 2019 at 11:49 AM.
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:15 PM   #1091
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
And how the **** did they get The Witcher 3 running on the switch?
Seems like its a bit more involved than just "reducing the quality" as it may seem at first glance with the hardware the switch has compared to its peers.

But theres been several ambitious ports. They may not be as demanding as Witcher 3 is (never played so I cant comment) but they are there:

Doom series (ID Tech 6 GFX engine I think, doom eternal will use Tech 7)
Wolfenstein series
Mortal Kombat 11 (Unreal Engine 4 I think)
Hellblade is probably the best looking one right now.

The biggest difficiency is probably going to come from the lighting (or lack of it), Just like in Mortal Kombat 11. I keep reading about how MK11 looks blurry and ugly but I see vids and screenshots and it doesn't look all that bad in comparison with PS/Xbox. I'd expect it to look fairly jaggy though (which causes the blurriness when paired with any AA being used) in person.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense

Last edited by Sasquach : Jun 11, 2019 at 03:18 PM.
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2019, 02:56 AM   #1092
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

How could someones only option to play the witcher 3 be the switch

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:30 AM   #1093
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
It's the only option if you want to play on the pooper.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2019, 03:37 PM   #1094
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
It's the only option if you want to play on the pooper.
I stand corrected

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2019, 04:48 PM   #1095
Jay20016
Truth Doesn't Make Fact

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
I stand corrected
You stand to poop? What kind of animal are you?

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:54 AM   #1096
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Last edited by Athena : Jun 21, 2019 at 11:55 AM. Reason: add pic
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2019, 03:59 PM   #1097
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

I can't be the only one playing Mario maker. I haven't been this excited for a game since Odyssey. It's living up to the hype so far.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2019, 04:20 PM   #1098
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

I'm getting it next Thursday.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2019, 04:22 PM   #1099
Mangler
PC

Is it even worth buying for someone without NSO?
Old Jun 28, 2019, 04:31 PM   #1100
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Is it even worth buying for someone without NSO?
Probably not.

I would buy nso for it though. Even though they shouldn't be charging for their trash online service. Between this and Splatoon 2 it's worth it to me.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 07:39 PM   #1101
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I brought my Switch with my on my trip to San Diego this weekend, was perfect for the flight to. My flight was on Frontier, so as bare bones as possible, so the Switch was a great time waster, flight didn't even have WiFi. First time I've played my Switch for an extended amount of time in a while, and it still had over 50% battery left after the 3hr flight.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2019, 08:18 PM   #1102
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I brought my Switch with my on my trip to San Diego this weekend, was perfect for the flight to. My flight was on Frontier, so as bare bones as possible, so the Switch was a great time waster, flight didn't even have WiFi. First time I've played my Switch for an extended amount of time in a while, and it still had over 50% battery left after the 3hr flight.
That's impressive. What game were you playing?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:37 AM   #1103
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
That's impressive. What game were you playing?
Played some Tetris 99, Stardew Valley, and Mario Kart 8 I believe. Return flight is tomorrow, just put it on the charger, still has 49% left.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:03 AM   #1104
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
I have thought this about a few games however the portability and how the switch deals with saves and game starts and stops has me playing games on it I thought I would only ever want to play on PC. And I love them more on my awesome switch. This things is my go to game machine no question. Big N has my heart for gaming this round. Even for Visual Novels the Switch is awesome. It is crazy how well developers make this thing work on the small screen and then on the big screen.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:20 AM   #1105
Elysian
SCAATSJW

My only complaint is I still can't use Bluetooth headphones. I had no audio on the plane...
Old Jul 3, 2019, 03:57 PM   #1106
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
My only complaint is I still can't use Bluetooth headphones. I had no audio on the plane...
Agree I hope on the new upgraded Switch they are putting out later this year they have that ability.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 05:07 PM   #1107
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

If they release one with better specs, I'll pick one up. I have zero desire to pay a premium price for something that's about as fast as my phone.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2019, 11:18 AM   #1108
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
If they release one with better specs, I'll pick one up. I have zero desire to pay a premium price for something that's about as fast as my phone.
Imo their software and accessories pricing is far more insulting. $60 for an almost 30 year old Gameboy game is absurd. Maybe worse than a 10 price hike for a launch game on their last console.

Controllers are massively overpriced too.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:17 PM   #1109
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
That really doesn't have any bearing on how much I enjoy my Switch. It's great at what it does, which is mobile gaming without a mobile gaming feel. I don't know if there's going to be an upgraded version anytime soon, but I certainly wouldn't wait for one either. The used prices for the Switch are well worth it, IMO.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:39 PM   #1110
Mangler
PC

I want a controller refresh, it would be nice to have a good dpad.