Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 20, 2011, 10:19 PM   #1651
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Rifle_shot
Radeon R600

Rifle_shot is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Damn Troll.
Get the torches boys...
Dual 1gb ATI HD 4850's CrossfireX
Realtek HD Audio
17 in 1920x1200 screen
500 gb + 320 gb SATA hard drives
Vista Ultimate x64 + Windows 7 upgrade

Desktop System :
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ @ 2.7 ghz
2.0 GB G.skill DDR 400 memory
Evga 9800 GT 512mb
Creative Sound Blaster Live
22" Insignia HDTV/LCD @ 1680x1050
160 gb Western Digital SATA hard drive
Windows XP MCE 2005

007 Nightfire
007 Quantum of Solace
007 Bloodstone
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 2 + SF
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bioshock
Bioshock II
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4: MW
Call of Duty 5: WaW
Call of Duty 6: MW2
Call of Duty 7: BO
Call of Juarez
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Dead Rising II
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout: 3
Fallout: NV
Far Cry
Far Cry II
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. II
Gears of War
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter II
Grand Theft Auto IV
GRID
Half-Life
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Ep1
Half-Life 2: Ep2
Halo
Halo 2
HAWX
Hitman: Blood Money
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead II
Madden 2008
Mass Effect
Mass Effect II
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Medal of Honor 2010
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Need for Speed: Shift
Need for Speed: Undercover
Need for Speed: Underground
Need for Speed: Underground II
Portal
Prototype
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Rainbow Six: Vegas II
Resident Evil 5
RollerCoaster Tycoon
RollerCoaster Tycoon II
Sims 2
Sims 3
Splinter-Cell
Splinter-Cell: Double Agent
Splinter-Cell: Conviction
Spider-man 3
Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions
Spider-man: Web of Shadows
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk''s American Wasteland
Wolfenstein
Worms: Reloaded
Rifle_shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2011, 01:28 AM   #1652
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Will the beta have graphics options, or is that too hard to implement 1 month before release?
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2011, 03:18 AM   #1653
m4trix
Banned

m4trix is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Will the beta have graphics options, or is that too hard to implement 1 month before release?
m4trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 21, 2011, 06:43 AM   #1654
flopper
Radeon R700

flopper is still being judged by the masses

new drivers and crossfire profile for Bf3 coming out?
hate to see my eyefinity setup crashing because of immature drivers
Old Sep 22, 2011, 09:01 AM   #1655
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

paid dlc for this game will be timed exclusive for the ps3 :|

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...ta-on-psn-929/
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2011, 02:19 PM   #1656
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
paid dlc for this game will be timed exclusive for the ps3 :|

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...ta-on-psn-929/
The problem is there's no lobby for PC to throw money at developers to make things exclusive. PC benefits from its open platform, but it also hurts since there's nobody willing to pay up-front for bonuses.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2011, 02:26 PM   #1657
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I'm just glad they did not sign the same deal as microsoft has with activision, where they release the dlc 30 days earlier than on the other platforms.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2011, 02:44 PM   #1658
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I'm just glad they did not sign the same deal as microsoft has with activision, where they release the dlc 30 days earlier than on the other platforms.
It's interesting, though... are there really people who decide what platform to buy based on how long they have to wait for some expansion? I suppose there must be or they wouldn't do this sort of thing, but I don't know how well that bodes for society

I still haven't even pulled the trigger on this title. I figure if I preorder, it'll be October 24th - and if that date passes and I don't have it, it will be a bargain bin purchase.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2011, 04:48 PM   #1659
Tt eSPORTS Rep
Thermaltake USA

Tt eSPORTS Rep is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSViper View Post
I'm trying hard not to get my hopes up with this game, but Bad Company 2 just didn't have the right feel for me with the combat. The guns were weak and hit detection felt off. The movement felt slow and not fluid at all. I loved the vehicle combat and destructable environments though. The movement, weapons, and hit detection/lag ultimately made me quit that game. I'm hoping this isn't a rehash with a few extra vehicles and some larger maps. The videos to BC2 made the gameplay seem much more smooth and fast than actual in-game movement was.
This. I really hope they fix the bullet registration in this game, it looks so good much like bc2. I don't want to be let down
Old Sep 22, 2011, 04:52 PM   #1660
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

BF3 feels like hardcore mode in BC2 IMO. You get dropped so much easier in BF3(at least in the Alpha).

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2011, 04:59 PM   #1661
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
BF3 feels like hardcore mode in BC2 IMO. You get dropped so much easier in BF3(at least in the Alpha).
Yer its kinda BC2:Vietnamish, or MoHish imo...
Old Sep 22, 2011, 05:26 PM   #1662
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
Yer its kinda BC2:Vietnamish, or MoHish imo...

I didn't care for that, either. I like to be able to react when I'm hit in a Battlefield game and if I want the option of dropping dead almost instantly, I'll just go play hardcore mode. I'm anxious to see what this beta plays like and if they've changed any of that.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 07:01 PM   #1663
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post

I didn't care for that, either. I like to be able to react when I'm hit in a Battlefield game and if I want the option of dropping dead almost instantly, I'll just go play hardcore mode. I'm anxious to see what this beta plays like and if they've changed any of that.
Hey dude, I was wondering how good is the Origin service compared to the Steam. I had no idea because I never had tried it yet. I have to see how good is it first before BF3 then.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2011, 07:24 PM   #1664
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
Hey dude, I was wondering how good is the Origin service compared to the Steam. I had no idea because I never had tried it yet. I have to see how good is it first before BF3 then.
Download speeds are 10 times better, but everything else is 10 times worse.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 07:29 PM   #1665
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
Download speeds are 10 times better, but everything else is 10 times worse.
Download speed is not a big deal, but you mentioned everything else is 10 times worse...I guess I'll stick with the steam for now until they desperate trying to improving their Origin service.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2011, 07:30 PM   #1666
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:

totally this. i really hope they made people harder to kill.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2011, 07:47 PM   #1667
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
Download speed is not a big deal, but you mentioned everything else is 10 times worse...I guess I'll stick with the steam for now until they desperate trying to improving their Origin service.
There is no BF3 on steam, you need Origin.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 09:52 PM   #1668
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

BF3 cancelled for PC...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2011, 09:54 PM   #1669
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

What's that smell?
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:51 PM   #1670
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

That may be, but the damage increase in vietnam (around 20%) is greatly amplified by the fact that most of the maps are very tight and has so much clutter you cant barely see each other before you accidentally poke someones eye out with your rifle barrel.

With Battlefield 3 having more vehicles to spread out the players and larger maps, it *should* improve on that aspect.

Well unless it sucks and we get nearly infantry only maps with just one vehi... Oh wait
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:57 PM   #1671
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawdler View Post
Well unless it sucks and we get nearly infantry only maps with just one vehi... Oh wait
I prefer less vehicles, I'm not a fan of 10 tank n00bs dominating everyone on foot.

I think 1 or 2 tanks per team and a chopper is enough, maybe an APC and a couple jeeps for good measure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
BF3 cancelled for PC...
That was MW3, not BF3 :P
Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:28 PM   #1672
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post

I still haven't even pulled the trigger on this title. I figure if I preorder, it'll be October 24th - and if that date passes and I don't have it, it will be a bargain bin purchase.
yup i'm in the same boat. still believing that ea isn't stupid enough to not put the game on steam, so i'm holding out until the end. in a manner of speaking, this is a 75$ game with pre-order price of 60$ because if you were to buy it on release day or after that, you'd have to spend an extra 15$ to get the karkand map pack. if it does come on steam and this is the deal we get, i'd probably wait till the december sale to get it.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 03:00 AM   #1673
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

CoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Awesome news I never did like the damage models in non hardcore servers.

Quote:

You got plenty of time to react to being hit in hardcore mode well as long as you didn't get head shotted which is fair enough imo if your shot in the head you shouldn't have time to react and that whole absorb half a clip at point blank range in normal mode just sucks for this style of game play.

The higher damage is supposed to prevent bum rushing, make people actually use cover and have people use alternate routes to try get behind the enemy and imo it works for the style of game play that battlefield was made for i.e bigger maps multiple cap points and loads of routes to and from each.

I think I'm in the same boat as others here though I still haven't ordered it and will prolly hold off until the last few days I am pretty sure I will end up getting it but actually running it is another story I am hoping I can get away with minimum settings in the beta but chances are even if I do pick it up I wont be able to play it very well for at least a few months.

Last edited by CoolNitro : Sep 23, 2011 at 03:18 AM.
CoolNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2011, 03:17 AM   #1674
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Operation metro is so hard on rush with the way they had spawns and the power of the guns. I think I only played on alpha match where the rush team actually won.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2011, 03:31 AM   #1675
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

CoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Operation metro is so hard on rush with the way they had spawns and the power of the guns. I think I only played on alpha match where the rush team actually won.
This is a down side to the way these types of games are going basically adding more narrow bottlenecks to beef up combat, sure its intense but being forced into single routes just sucks for game play.
CoolNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2011, 04:40 AM   #1676
Gerard
Rage3D Veteran

Gerard is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

Should be, they said the Alpha was already weeks old and outdated to a large extent, ballistics were still being worked on etc. Can't say i cared much for that map, being attacker you were lucky if you even got to see the City area of the map once out of ten games.

Last edited by Gerard : Sep 23, 2011 at 04:43 AM.
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2011, 05:58 AM   #1677
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
the squad spawning system was bugged in the alpha, and in combination with their decision to only allow spawns on the squad leader, this meant that about 90% of the time, attackers would always spawn right at the beginning of the map. this made it very difficult to apply pressure on the defending team as most squads were barely working together.

the second reason of course are the chokepoints. the entrance to the metro station after the first 2 m-coms are down is downright ridiculous... two narrow entrances where the defenders are hidden in pitch black while the attacking team has to enter the dark tunnels with bright sunlight in the background. they really should do something about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNitro View Post
This is a down side to the way these types of games are going basically adding more narrow bottlenecks to beef up combat, sure its intense but being forced into single routes just sucks for game play.
indeed
Old Sep 23, 2011, 06:06 AM   #1678
Stingray
Banned

Stingray is still being judged by the masses

MW3 FTW
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2011, 06:54 AM   #1679
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
MW3 FTW
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2011, 12:02 PM   #1680
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
the squad spawning system was bugged in the alpha, and in combination with their decision to only allow spawns on the squad leader, this meant that about 90% of the time, attackers would always spawn right at the beginning of the map. this made it very difficult to apply pressure on the defending team as most squads were barely working together.
How did we ever manage without omni-spawn? Single spawn worked fine in BF2 and it worked even better in BF2142 where you could "detach" the spawnpoint and place it yourself.
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote