Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Aug 7, 2009, 07:20 PM   #241
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

His engrish is much too legible for it to be Redstar. Redstar rarely made any sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2009, 08:50 PM   #242
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Got a nail in one of my tires... since they were all basically bald anyway it caused me to go get a new set of falken tires.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2009, 01:25 AM   #243
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Got a nail in one of my tires... since they were all basically bald anyway it caused me to go get a new set of falken tires.
Upgrade! I love it!!
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 8, 2009, 07:30 PM   #244
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Reglued my sagging fabric finally, and dyed it black.

Want to get some black sunvisors, but otherwise, I don't mind the grey bits.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2009, 11:45 PM   #245
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Wow, that looks really good. I like that contrast a lot.
Old Aug 8, 2009, 11:47 PM   #246
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Spray painted my rust on the bottom of the door. It looks brand new!

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2009, 12:29 AM   #247
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
Spray painted my rust on the bottom of the door. It looks brand new!
Did you sand it down to bare metal first?
Old Aug 9, 2009, 12:31 AM   #248
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Did you sand it down to bare metal first?
Nope

It was just a "Hey, we have white spray paint here. I guess I'll paint my car."

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2009, 03:15 AM   #249
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

FINALLY...

Finished the tedious job of pulling apart a turbocharger, cleaning it, checking all the bearings and seals, lubricating it, reassembling it, and double checking everything... Oh and resetting the waste gate for about 10psi...

I hope to god, I don't have to do this again for a long time. :tired:

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2009, 05:01 AM   #250
Taman Linkin
Rage3D Veteran

Taman Linkin is still being judged by the masses

change engine oil, realignment for my Prado.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 08:02 AM   #251
exitwound
Radeon R420

exitwound is still being judged by the masses

Installed the headlight trim rings that were missing from the car for 5 years.

Also, applied some Mother's Back-to-Black on the bumperettes and the spoiler. It's a little more faded than I'd like.
exitwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2009, 09:37 PM   #252
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Got my H&R Race Springs in today gonna be a great weekend.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 04:10 PM   #253
diddlydiddlydoo

diddlydiddlydoo is still being judged by the masses

I really hope you don't plan on replacing your stock springs with those while leaving the stock shocks/struts in.
diddlydiddlydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2009, 04:19 PM   #254
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydiddlydoo View Post
I really hope you don't plan on replacing your stock springs with those while leaving the stock shocks/struts in.
Stock shocks and struts are already dead, so no.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 07:59 PM   #255
cmar
Radeon Sea Islands

cmar is still being judged by the masses

Oil change, air filter, and general check for the Kia. One of the few cars I know where factory filters are actually cheaper than aftermarket.

Set of new tires and rims to go on the Pathfinder. Bought them from my dad who had them on his Mazda ute for about 6 months and then put the old 16" rims back on when he sold it. Like new (he sold it because he hardly ever drove it) The new rims are steel (Yuk!) but while they are on I will clean up and polish my existing alloy ones as they are looking a little tired.
It's a trial to keep alloy rims looking nice on an off road vehicle.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 08:34 PM   #256
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Almost drove my car today!! Then saw clouds and light sprinkling rain and called it a night before I even opened the garage door.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 09:04 PM   #257
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Almost drove my car today!! Then saw clouds and light sprinkling rain and called it a night before I even opened the garage door.

I got the last peice to my OEM cold air intake today, the little elbow between the scoop and the filter box. With that, and my aFe Pro Dry S filter, its definitely gained a couple horses, though nothing comparable to when I had headers.

Tomorrow morning, doing the new springs with a buddy of mine who also owns a 330ci, his is a little bit more modded than mine.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 10:58 PM   #258
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Qb2k5 is still being judged by the masses

Brake fluid light is coming on. I guess I got some work to do this weekend. Probadly gonna wash, wax, and get the wheels shining.
Qb2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2009, 02:00 AM   #259
cmar
Radeon Sea Islands

cmar is still being judged by the masses

Does that cold air intake pick up from under the leading edge of the bonnet?

ie I take it it has a hole on the underside and scoops up the air from the high pressure spill that doesn't make it through the radiator.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 08:25 AM   #260
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmar View Post
Does that cold air intake pick up from under the leading edge of the bonnet?

ie I take it it has a hole on the underside and scoops up the air from the high pressure spill that doesn't make it through the radiator.
Exactly, and I'm going to be making a scoop for the underside that picks up even more possible air.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 03:30 PM   #261
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Before:

After:

Old Aug 15, 2009, 03:38 PM   #262
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Looks great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2009, 04:12 PM   #263
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
Looks great.
Agreed. Now I just need some wheel spacers
Old Aug 16, 2009, 12:40 PM   #264
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
Looks great.
I love it, I post this here, this is the response I get, I post it on an E46 forum, and I get "your car looks like ****e", "your car is a mess" etc. Sorry if my car isn't perfect yet, its most definitely a work in progress. Forum idiots
Old Aug 16, 2009, 06:09 PM   #265
diddlydiddlydoo

diddlydiddlydoo is still being judged by the masses

It looks good. It had it's troubles in the past but shes nice looking again. Really like the ride height. Like the oem cold air intake major plus. Just need to clean the engine bay. hit it with some more black accents. IE; Door handles I'd do personally, also would possibly get the black rubstrips. Some new tires would make it look a lot better. But overall it's quite nice looking. There is a guy around here with a silver 330ci and its lowered with those wheels and damn does it look good. Has a little uuc sticker in the window. Sounds great too.
diddlydiddlydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2009, 06:49 PM   #266
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydiddlydoo View Post
It looks good. It had it's troubles in the past but shes nice looking again. Really like the ride height. Like the oem cold air intake major plus. Just need to clean the engine bay. hit it with some more black accents. IE; Door handles I'd do personally, also would possibly get the black rubstrips. Some new tires would make it look a lot better. But overall it's quite nice looking. There is a guy around here with a silver 330ci and its lowered with those wheels and damn does it look good. Has a little uuc sticker in the window. Sounds great too.
The guy who helped me install the springs has a hot silver 330ci, his is an 03. Heres a pic:

He's got the rims I want(though I'll be doing black with polished lip), and he's using the same springs I have. I'll be going 18x9.5's on mine as well, where he's rolling on 17x9's.

I actually am considering doing stripe work like this:

The side stripes anyways. I will be doing my roof in matte black vinyl in a couple of weekends, as well as the chrome window trim in the same vinyl. That will tie in the mirrors and the matte black kidney grills better. I'm eventually going to get a facelifted hood, which will give my headlights more aggressive lines, and the lines down the center of the hood will go all the way to the A pillars instead of sticking to the center, and I'd do matte black in the middle of that as well. After that, it'll be the CSL replica trunk, which will also get the matte black treatment, but only on the top side, the back will be alpine white, and I'll replace all roundels with black/white roundels. Front bumper will eventually be replaced with a CSL V1 front bumper with the hole shaved off of it, and I'd like to weld in the fender flares of an M3 into the rear, as well as use a stock M3 rear bumper, and go quad tipped exhaust. Lots of work I want to do to this damned thing, and thats only the body work so far!!! Over the next year or so I'm going to slowly build an entire M3 rear subframe and suspension, for putting directly into the car, which will give me a 3.62 rear diff, as well as an LSD, and bigger rear brakes than I have now. The whole thing will run me maybe 1200 bucks to build, and it'll be well worth it, the car will be a beast with that gearing.

I don't even want to talk about forced induction right now, I added up the "if I won the lottery" mods, and I'm at 24-25k into a 13.5k(before TT&L) car
Old Aug 17, 2009, 09:22 AM   #267
squid
Cute

squid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird sings

i might be joining you bmw guys. someone left a note asking to buy the rotor, and i don't really care if i sell it or not so i gave him a price ($500 more than i bought it for + money i've spent on it), and if it goes then my mate has an e36 325 for sale that i'm going to get
squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2009, 10:07 AM   #268
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Called to have a mechanical estimate done for my car... ugh.
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2009, 01:44 PM   #269
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Didn't do anything to mine, but it's currently in the shop after my dad and I couldn't really get anywhere on it yesterday evening.. Front-right brake seized up and everything overheated. Ozone city Only started a couple days ago and I was wondering why my car was a tad sluggish. Rotor and pads are shot. Caliper is basically shot. It melted a few things including my hub cap and the rubber cover on two of the ball joints. We snapped off one of the wheel studs trying to get a lug not off (likely heated it up so much it made it brittle). We couldn't get the the 1 1/4" nut off that holds in the wheel bearing, so we were unable to check that for damage. The left-front side may need some stuff replaced on it as well.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair MP510 480GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2009, 02:03 PM   #270
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowless View Post
Called to have a mechanical estimate done for my car... ugh.
So whats the word? Not totalled right?