Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 5, 2006, 01:05 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mrpleeb
Radeon R700

Mrpleeb is still being judged by the masses

Unhappy Dam i dont have enough magicka for the arcane university destruction spells

The destruction spells on sale from the man in the arcane university in the imperial city, have a high magicka req.My maximum magicka is 152 i believe, i cant use the destruction spells

Do you need to choose Intelligence and Willpower to be a decent mage? I chose a thief/mage hybrid.Agility and Willpower as the two main attributes.

I made a Breton male "NightStalker"

Specialization: Stealth

Favored Attributes:Agility and Willpower

Major Skills: Security, sneak, marksman, light armor, speechcraft,destruction, restoration

Sign : The Thief
Mrpleeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 01:44 PM   #2
magik10
Radeon R600

magik10 is still being judged by the masses

As you level up your Magicka increases. So far, there hasn't been anything I can't own with the Master Wizard spell and Shock staff. Couple that with Amulet of 12% absorb, the Armor from being Grand Champion and it's a good life. Start making your own spells.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 02:53 PM   #3
Darkz0r
Italian Brazilian Rager

Darkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDarkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Actually your magicka doesnt increase when you level up.

Its something like intx2 + willlpower + other bonuses.
So high int+will shall give you high magicka.

High skills in x school will give you reduced magicka costs for spells in that school. So raise those skills and get int/will up
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 5, 2006, 03:02 PM   #4
Mrpleeb
Radeon R700

Mrpleeb is still being judged by the masses

Default magicka

Thats too bad, i couldnt use any of the arcane university destruction spells.I got 152 total magicka.Im still stuck using the flare spell, only does 5 points on target
Mrpleeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 03:48 PM   #5
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

When you level, you will be able to select 3 attributes whose stats you want to raise.
So select willpower as one, and your magicka will raise.

If you level up the minor skills which willpower governs, then you will be able to get a +5 willpower when you level.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 04:11 PM   #6
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Networking

Quote:
Originally Posted by magik10
As you level up your Magicka increases. So far, there hasn't been anything I can't own with the Master Wizard spell and Shock staff. Couple that with Amulet of 12% absorb, the Armor from being Grand Champion and it's a good life. Start making your own spells.
Shens! dont listen to hiim. i always had 60 mana. I have a battlemage. but customized it to be more destructive. i just raise my endurance, strength and willpower stats. Long story short

Maagicka does not increase as your level increases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 04:56 PM   #7
Abellius
Radeon R100

Abellius is still being judged by the masses

Ever notice the magicka requirments on some of the spells for sale? Some are over 1000 magicka! Even with enchants and max intelligence I would half less than half the magicka needed to cast those. I hope there's some powerful +magicka gear later in the game.

Theif/Mage hybrids ftw!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 09:26 PM   #8
Darkz0r
Italian Brazilian Rager

Darkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDarkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abellius
Ever notice the magicka requirments on some of the spells for sale? Some are over 1000 magicka! Even with enchants and max intelligence I would half less than half the magicka needed to cast those. I hope there's some powerful +magicka gear later in the game.

Theif/Mage hybrids ftw!
Theres not uber gear "later".
The problem is, destruction is broken. Its supposed to lower cost for spells when you have 100+ destruction BUT IT DOESNT.
Finger of the Mountain is still around 780 mana for me to cast...I have 600'ish with a mod to incrase mana if you have > 100 destr.

Quote:
Thats too bad, i couldnt use any of the arcane university destruction spells.I got 152 total magicka.Im still stuck using the flare spell, only does 5 points on target
Go to the spellmaker and create a fire dmg spell. Although you are limited on your destruct level...so if you have 50 you can do like 30 or 40'ish max dmg.